for Worth a Shot

12/10/2020 c22 20Cynthia Salander
C&M with their new baby and with all their friends around them - I cannot think of a more beautiful moment for you to have ended this fic. And what a *wonderful* journey this was! While reading each and every chapter, I could actually see all the effort and time that you'd put into this story. Thank you for this gem. I loved this fic!
12/10/2020 c21 Cynthia Salander
Oh *wow*... I'm actually speechless. I could not have expected a more dramatic, fulfilling, happy end to the fic. I really was not expecting the baby to be born in the car - that was so intense, and I teared up a bit at that. The baby being a girl, her being born on Thanksgiving, and 'Grace' (and how we get there) - brilliant and utterly beautiful chapter!
12/4/2020 c20 Cynthia Salander
Jack inappropriately asking Chandler if they've tried having sex had me giggling. That's something that could be on the actual show :) And so could the Erica-singing part. That remains just as funny as it was when she did that in one of the earlier chapters. The bets, Wendy/Wendall, everyone asking them whether they've tried having sex - this was such a fun chapter!
12/4/2020 c19 Cynthia Salander
The sibling interaction between Erica and Jack was so much fun and so very adorable :) "You know when you have to move, there's always a lo-hott of packing to do, you know. And it hates packing." - that line was just a *perfect* Chandler!
I love how things are gearing up for the birth. Even if Monica really enjoys the pregnancy, I can imagine her getting antsy if she's a week overdue. Great chapter.
12/4/2020 c18 Cynthia Salander
Monica's feelings about the pregnancy were very realistic. I feel like fics don't portray that part accurately. A lot women that I've talked to actually miss the pregnancy once its over, even after going through all that unpleasant 'side-effects'. And given how long Monica had waited for this, it makes so much sense.

The Gellers, like they were before, were spot-on! And that part was so much fun. Younger Ross sounds like a terror - was there a relation to that and Judy's favoritism that you were hinting at that I did not get?
12/4/2020 c17 Cynthia Salander
This chapter brought back all the wonderful feels from 5x01... Wow. I loved getting this peek into older Chandler's head about his thoughts on London. So beautifully done. And I'm kind of sad that their time in London had come to an end. But I'm very excited for the baby delivery chapter :)
11/29/2020 c16 Cynthia Salander
I always had this headcanon that they revisited London at some point in the future, but them doing so on an anniversary, with a baby on the way, *and* going back to the same hotel, same room is just sheer perfection.

Loved reading about what was going on in his head during the TOW The Truth About London scene and that it never had felt weird - just loved that. That's just Mondler in a nutshell, right? Because even with R&R, we have that whole Rachel-laughing-over-Ross's-hands-on-her-butt going on. With Mondler, as you've said, never had been weird, never would. Beautiful chapter.
11/29/2020 c15 Cynthia Salander
Huh, it actually makes a lot of sense that the London wedding took place in September, especially when you consider Chandler saying, "What was it? Four-five months?" in TOW The Girl Who Hits Joey (although he could've been facetious). And would clear up a lot of mess, timeline-wise...

This chapter was such a brilliant way to recap the London episode and build up the excitement for their London trip. Now I'm really excited to read the London chapter next!
11/27/2020 c14 Cynthia Salander
That dream was beautifully written and portrayed Chandler's yearning for the baby brilliantly. The C&R interaction felt so natural - their talk about Joey, in particular. And I love that the girls forgot Monica's baby shower just like they did with the bridal shower, lol, poor Monica.
11/24/2020 c13 Cynthia Salander
Really enjoyed your portrayal of Helena. I absolutely love how much you've included Chandler's parents in this fic. It's something we never got on the show. And the description of the sonogram picture made my heart melt - awww. Beautiful chapter.
11/23/2020 c12 Cynthia Salander
Ooh, I'm loving how you've addressed issues like amniocentesis in this fic. I think certain worries become a part of the pregnancy when you wind up accidentally pregnant at Monica's age. Their discussion made the fic feel more realistic.

It was great to see Ben in this chapter and the callbacks to the S1 Carol scenes were very cute. Of course, the best part was the first kick on Father's Day. SO adorable! :)
11/23/2020 c11 Cynthia Salander
Discovering the bump at around the end of the first trimester is such a lovely moment. This fic is making me so nostalgic about my own pregnancy from two years back - you've done it brilliantly.

The description of the twins' birthday was a great addition to the chapter. I absolutely loved the Phoebe-Chandler interaction, too. I think it makes up for all the meanness that Chandler had to endure from her in the later seasons of the show. (And I think Enoch is a waaaay worse middle name than Muriel, lol.)
11/16/2020 c10 Cynthia Salander
What a lovely, lovely chapter! There was such a delicate balance between sweet and funny, and it was so wonderful to read older Chandler's much better bond with his parents. Helena's rendition of Marilyn Monroe style Happy Birthday song had me grinning, and so did Nora's cleavage having its own twitter account, lol (that's a joke that I'm certain would actually be on the show if it'd aired in the 2010s :D). And, of course, Nora and Chandler's meeting and the stethoscope gift were so very wonderful.
11/9/2020 c9 Cynthia Salander
Whoa, that was so incredibly in-character for *everyone*! Poor Monica - I can totally imagine how frustrating it'd be to not get to reveal the news herself. Although I was glad she got to tell Joey at least. Loved all the references to TOW Everybody Finds out and the Kips episode! :)
10/26/2020 c8 Cynthia Salander
The first part with the 'we know we know' was a brilliant callback to canon, and I loved this mental picture of Chandler and the kids discussing and coming up with that song to reveal to Monica that they know what's going on.

Your Judy and Jack were *spot-on*, like wow, that's the most accurate portrayal of those two I've ever read on here. Jack and Chandler bonding at the end was great too!
247 Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »