for Taking Offense

4/6/2015 c3 Guest
i'm really liking this story, the lack of potters will in the books never made any sense
4/5/2015 c3 1CrazyPedantic
Oh the plot thickens. Glad to see someone questioning why Hagrid is the one to introduce magic to Harry. Loved the part where Harry has a go at Hagrid about his introduction in the Leaky Cauldron. Looking forward to reading more, there are so many possible places you could take this.
4/4/2015 c3 28Shae Vizla
Good chapter.

Like I said the last time, Harry had someone who cared for him and take care of his education and needs, who really saved him, and per se is not at awe with Hagrid and react to some things he said when he didn't in canon because he was overwhelmed by all the new informations. He has a more cynical view of Dumbledore who refused to be Minister but still make the decisions and was upset that Hagrid let him be mobed by fans without avertissements or warning. He doesn't ever accept blindly Hagrid's semi explications that aren't really very informatives and snatch his key at the first occasion.

His meeting with the Black-Prewett's alliance is a good thing because he learn more concret and useful informations about the wizarding world and about his statut as the Potter, something Dumbledore never cared (probably because he didn't want him to use his money and position to leave the Dursley, wanted a modest, grateful and humble savior and didn't think Harry would reach adulthood to have use of it).

Some things like his parent's will and vaccinations are obvious things that somebody else than Hagrid would have think about given his situation. In the other end, their talk with Harry make Regulus realize Sirius had a good chance to be his guardian and that it was the real reason why his brother was never given a trial.
4/4/2015 c3 2history
I love this chapter! And i'm happy that Gideon and the other meet Harry. Poor Harry, he needs help. I wonder if they will meet Ms Anthony and if they learn that she tried to say that Harry was abused but that everybody forgot that.
3/30/2015 c2 28Shae Vizla
Promising story.

The Prewett started to have serious doubts about Dumbledore's acts and choose to contact the Aurors instead to hope for help by the Order (that they wouldn't have). The attack itself is more than a little suspicious as well as Dumbledore's request of founding. Regulus was lucky to found them after they quit the Order and they had already made greats progress in the Horcruxes' hunt by luck. I was amused by how they got the cup and the diary and the fact that with their heirs they practicly form a Twin's Conspiration, Regulus being the only one without a twin.

Harry found someone who cared for him and teach him things he should know on society and to defend himself. As he result, he was less more receptive to Hagrid's saving act and is already suspicious about Dumbledore who placed him with the Dursley without checking him and without having any legals rights to do so.
3/30/2015 c2 1CrazyPedantic
Harry asked some very good questions of Hagrid. Pity he didn't really answer them Interested in seeing where this goes.
3/30/2015 c2 2history
I continue to love your story (i was so happy to see a new chapter:).
I continue to find your plot so orginal.
Poor Sirius... I hope that the twin will talk about him to Harry. I like too how Harry doesn't trust a lot of people and think a lot more. I wonder if he will be a gryffondor...
I like Ms Anthony too. I hope to see her in the next chapter..
3/24/2015 c1 20Katali1993
This is such a unique plot. I love the detail you go into and the strange alliance of the Blacks and Pewetts. I also like the use of the article at the end.
3/22/2015 c1 2history
I love your story!
I like how you the prewett twin and Regulus Black. I don't know why but i think that Regulus will try to have Harry with him (after all, Sirius was hos godfather). And i don't think that Sirius will be with the order too.
3/21/2015 c1 1CrazyPedantic
Now this is a bit different, very interesting.
3/21/2015 c1 AchillesMonkey
Excellent start! I can't wait to see what happens.
3/21/2015 c1 R
This sounds fun! Save Harry soon please. (R!)
3/21/2015 c1 38MoonRaven1412
Oh, this is golden! Brilliant beginning. I'm glad you managed to keep Regulus, Gideon and Fabian alive. I can't wait for the upcoming chapters.
58 « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4