for Men Are Dragons

11/20/2019 c1 MLPlover
Unrelated, but Lysandre shares his Japanese name with A PONY!? lol
6/16/2015 c1 57CarnelianFox
It has a bit of an eerie air to it, but it's exciting in an ominous way. This story suits Lysandre going onto this path perfectly. Excellent job!
4/27/2015 c1 10Glaceon Mage
Wow, I'm impressed.

Manakete was probably the hardest of the prompts, being very out there and something that is just a part of FE lore and nothing else, and you used it incredibly well.

Sadly, there's not much else I can say. Good work!

Now I need to dig up the file from my old computer containing my prompt lists...
4/3/2015 c1 93Ace Trainer Ritchie
Sorry, now I'm awake to review this properly, even if is probably later than the last time I set out to read this...

But I just have to laugh at this, because in a way, Lysandre is acting the way he describes humanity as, vile creatures who try so hard to hide that fact only for it to be revealed once they find what they really want. Because he claims to be so civilized and he acts like it two, but he saw what he really wanted - perfection. And in a way, he's acting just like a dragon. Destroying everything. Because that's what (most) dragons do - destroy what they lay their claws on. And Lysandre is trying to destroy this world because that's what he can lay his hands on, and he did it. So in the end, *he's* the lone survivor of human nature. Because he went greedy at the sight of a perfect world. And that was exactly what he was accusing the other humans of.

I love how you pointed out the ignorance of everyone who followed Lysandre. It's a shame that they didn't realize that he won't do what they expected him to do...then again, that's humanity in a nutshell...

Which makes me wonder, is this piece a study on humanity with the one person who wanted to wipe that away? Or am I thinking too deep? Anyways, thank you Light for making this for me, and thank you for giving me something to think about.
3/30/2015 c1 48reppad98
I've got to admit, I'm not familiar with the XY storyline as I never played the games. Though I'm pretty sure that those children who come to stop him are the player and rival and friends haha. Anyway, onto the story. The writing is beautiful, and I like how Lysandre became what he wanted to destroy, but that it didn't matter anymore because there's no one left to notice. The last paragraph is my favorite, because it refers back to the theme of men and dragons with the blood and smoke, and what a horrible thing he has done, while the 'like a child' part could be interpreted as innocence, completely opposing what he has done and showing us that he believes himself to be innocent and right. And no one is going to tell him otherwise. I'm not sure if that is tragic or a happy ending for him.
Thank you for writing this, it was a very interesting take on the XY plotline to read, and keep writing! !
3/28/2015 c1 21The Legendary Falcon Fall
Poor Lysqndre.A noble wish that lead to hatred,and hatred to demise.