for Designs of Love

5/23/2016 c1 Nichalia
Oh nooo! Aah! Don't take the job... or do, for a year, and get promoted or move to another company and relocate back close to home!
7/23/2015 c1 45mysteryred
Ahem. *clears lump on throat* I would like to thank you for this melancholy one shot that has almost brought me to tears. Donnie's selflessness is heartbreaking, but he knows April well, understands her, and surely puts what's best for her above himself. I keep bracing myself for a moment like this in the show. The moment where he decides she should be with Casey. Sigh. Loving is all too often about letting go. Well done.
5/30/2015 c1 AprDon
Wonderful job! Lovely Donny! You could write more chapters of this! ;)
4/16/2015 c1 82SleepingSeeker
Oh my, I finally got a chance to sit down and savor this - which I did - every sentence I read as the chapter slipped lower and lower to the end, I kept thinking in the back of my mind, oh gosh, oh no, here it comes, he's gonna break, he's gonna shatter, he's holding it together, he's being a champ, he's really being supportive, but what must this be doing to his delicate heart!? And I came to the end and I was just like, he did it. Donnie, you did it - you were perfect. You angel. And still, I think he gives and he gives and he is the noblest, kindest, gentlest - and he gets nothing in return - and yet . . . and yet.

He makes that little that he gets, that barest nothing into something he treasures.

And we (the readers) just fall a little bit more in love with Donnie every time you write him this way. Wonderful job on this, Novus. It was quietly hopeful and gentle. A perfect mirror to Donatello's soul.
4/4/2015 c1 4Jay Jones
I could absolutely see Donnie 'gnashing his toes against the floor'. Total D! XD

Donnie's selfless, as always, with excellent advice for April. Sometimes I wish he'd take it himself. The only beef I have with Donnie's character is that he's more reactive than proactive in his 'ship with April. He takes charge with the tech, but when it comes to the heart, he's sometimes seems a ghost of himself. I'd love to read about Don finding himself first, and April second. Donnie deserves to experience the world as much as anyone. I hear that there are sewers in every major city... ;)

Anyway, a lovely job done exploring, Turtle-style, a universal theme of risking the status quo for larger gains!
4/4/2015 c1 6Poetique823
Oh, I really love the way you wrote the interpersonal relationship between Donnie and April. The small meaningful gestures and the way they are so comfortable around one another. In just over 2,000 words, you show us an endearing friendship that we know off-scene took a few years to grow. I don't know how else to describe it, but they're just like two puzzle pieces that just...fit. They fit so naturally and comfortably as true blue friends and we know they could possibly fit as more if the circumstances allowed it.

As always, beautiful job on this chapter :)
4/2/2015 c1 3monkey76
This was lovely, as your writing always is.
3/31/2015 c1 11Terraform
Such a bittersweet story, Nov, you captured it beautifully. This absolutely would be something one day coming, and no matter the choice, it will be a decision in which they will always wonder 'what if?' - what if she had stayed? what would have happened if I had confessed how I felt? what if I lose her? It is very subtle yet powerful thing what Donatello does, placing April's need to grow above any hopes he has towards her/them. He's smart like that. And, as others have mention, very selfless. Donatello and April to a tee. I also love how you hinted at April almost wanting him to tell her otherwise. The tension, the indecision, and the love is palpable here. Very well done on this intense one-shot. A lovely moment in their lives, brilliantly written as always. I hope that the desire to knock out a few thousand words over the course of a week strikes often!
3/31/2015 c1 7LinaStar
This was beautiful and really resonated with me. Especially in the 2012 series, we all have to wonder if someday April will have to move away to reach her own goals in life. You captured the essence of big decision making wonderfully, and I am surprised but pleased with Donnie's ability to let April go and encourage her to chase her dreams, even at the potential cost of their relationship. Thankfully, in the age of technology (and with their combined genius) I don't think the distance will impact them too much! Thanks for sharing this - it was a good pick-me-up with bonus life lessons!
3/31/2015 c1 8Firebird Scratches
Ouch. :( so sad but this is honestly where I see their relationship going. He loves her way too much to keep her from the world.
3/30/2015 c1 7BelatedBeliever1127
*gives Nov a standing ovation
Bravo Nov on another beautiful one shot! You wrote Donnie so selflessly. He could easily have tried to talk April into staying close to him, but he chose to think of her over his own feelings. That seems like a very Donnie thing to do, so thank you for such a sweet, yet sad piece!
3/30/2015 c1 26SewerSurfin
Another amazing one-shot from you! I loved this...Donatello is so selfless. He's willing to let go of what he wants in order for April to have a wonderful opportunity. Wonderful job.
3/30/2015 c1 203BubblyShell22
I loved this story, Novus, and I can see Donnie feeling this way. Sure, he doesn't want April to go, but he knows he can't hold her back and that because he loves her, he shouldn't let her miss opportunities in her life that she may never have again. I thought that was great of Donnie to handle it as he did, even if he felt differently on the inside about the whole thing. And he's right in that if she's not happy, she could always come back and try something else. Nicely done on this, Novus. I loved it.

The Bubbly One,
Shell
3/30/2015 c1 13FaithfulWhispers
Wow Nov...this was beautifully written. I could feel their emotions and Donnie's turmoil within. Your descriptions were wonderful and I felt immersed in the piece. I loved the way Donnie took the news and comforted her; it's so like him. One day they'll end up having to reach this point, but I loved how you portrayed it. Awesome job :)
3/30/2015 c1 7guide-to-the-galaxy
You are awesome, Novus! But to mention brilliant! At first I was prepared for April to Congress her undying love for Donatello and beg to be with him until get dying day and what not, but as usual with your writing, I was surprised! Don't worry that's a great thing. It's always nice to be surprised and not be able to predict three story's end from the get go.
I loved what Don had to say to April. Every word was genuine and very true. Is hard leaving everything you know to some place filled with strangers and uncertainties but it's that leap you take that makes a person even stronger.
Great message!
I also liked that although this is a great change to Don, despite his previous preparations, he still managed to convey this extraordinary message to April. But besides the message going to April, I believe that you, Novus, helped your readers to grasp the so-to speak moral of the story. So awesome job on an awesome story with a very heartfelt and real message!

Always eager to read more,
Happysays