FanFiction.Net
for The Stranger's Fire

4/7/2015 c1 DangerousQuokka
NOOOOOO!
ARYA!
Now that I got that outta the way, this is a brilliant idea!
Wonder how Eragon's gonna change things now that he's in this universe...
4/7/2015 c2 1AgitatedDog9288
this is BRILLIANT! Keep on updating BRD I'm am pumped for the next chapter!
4/7/2015 c1 AgitatedDog9288
brilliant crossover BRD love this,feral and purgatory brilliant first chapter!
4/7/2015 c2 PrinceSilk
I'd be interested in a paring with Daenerys Targaryen, Margaery Tyrell or an OC some sort. My vote is in that order. If an OC is created then one that isn't a Mary Sue.
4/7/2015 c2 1Warrior Moon Okiro Zangetsu
This is different from your other works, and so. It is also exiting (not that the other fics arent). It shall be a fantastic read for sure,
4/7/2015 c2 11Exploring our Eternity
Good story so far. Bring on the next chapter!
4/7/2015 c1 2U.N.S
Personally I like an overpower character in a story, as long he/she is written right, I would go for an eragon who is not afraid to use his powers and even reveal his non-human appearance in public. Given that many stories often either de-powers or choose to keep overpowered nerfed through other means like keeping it a secret or whatnot the continuous usage of this writing is becoming repetitive in my opinion. As such I support the idea that Eragon is not afraid of using his powers to the full extend without hesitation, you just need to be really careful how to write it if you go in this fashion

as for pairing personally I would go with the idea that in for the most part of the story it is that many women are romantically interested in Eragon for multiple reasons, his elven looks, his abilities, reputation etc. however these interests are largely one sided pursuits as Eragon due to being immortal and having personal love for his dragon and even with Arya (elf) makes it very difficult for Eragon to pursue any meaningful relations. However this is not to say that I'm against a final pairing at the end, which I would go with Eragon and Daenrys simply because of their connections to dragons.
4/6/2015 c2 4taovkool
I gotta be honest, this has potential. It shows a decent and well-written start. It established Eragon as a character and a caretaker of Starks. As a prologue, I highly recommend this. But this is all there is to it, a prologue. I can't give full points yet. The way I see it, your story have three traditional dangers that any new GoT/AsoIaF crossover fics have to face. Mind you, this is based on my own personal preference, so, well, no offense meant:

1) First up is the Mary Sue/Gary Stu-ish Eragon. Lots of people likes making a Mary Sue story but there are only few readers who liked it. If Eragon starts blasting magic, swinging swords and lobbing heads at the expense Joffrey, Viserys or other pompadoceon, I'd definitely laugh and smile. But if there were no legitimate opposition, no difficult to surmount obstacle or an explainable plot device that Eragon had to struggle to face, that'd be pretty boring, I should say.

My advice is to keep Eragon's magical hoo-doo subtle, or weakened, which is something I've realized you've done with how you reduced his mind magic potential by increasing the classic Westerosi mental resistance. Also, if you put in more emphasize on how Eragon deals with medieval shit with his wits and cunning instead of his sword arm and magic, that goes a long way into reducing the danger of Gary Stu in your midst.

2) Danger number two was more of a technical danger really. As in how much are you going to update? how invested are you in your story? Do you have the storyline planned out? How much change are you planning? How far are your butterfly effect going to spread?

You see, the details mattered. Some more than most. Lots of people new to fanfiction have fell into this hole and the readers who enjoy their stories are usually the one to suffer. I can't say for myself since I failed this danger. I was too ambitious with the plot. I oversetimate myself. And now I can't work out any muse or ideas to write any updates. Now, most of what I've done was give out reviews to stories that piqued my interest. My advice is to find a pace that suits you the most, whether daily, weekly, bi-weekly or monthly. All up to you, mate. My only worry was that you suddenly stop writing and had this fic on hiatus. Please. I beg you. Don't let this happen.

3) The third danger is something few fanfiction lovers have realized yet. Can you guess? No? Well then,

It's the Stark-wank.

I love the Starks. You love the Starks. We love the Starks. How could we not? Out of all the dirtbags in Westeros, the Starks were probably the only Great House with something remotely resembling a sense of 'noble decency', the deathly honorable mindset of a hero and the one family that doesn't have a stick up their arse. 'cept between Catelyn and Jon, but that's a whole 'nother issue. Of course, it results in lots of Stark-centric fics. As in, 90 percent of which had dominated the net of GoT fics. How could we not? They got a huge amount standard screen time of a protagonist, for god's sake!

Problem is, this was the Game of Thrones, and the North are not the only one playing the game.

One of the reasons why GRRM kept changing the PoV was to show every possible aspect of the game, and how there are no specific protagonist in the GoT world. This fic, of course, does have one. Eragon. He's a Stark bannermen with most power than most, and I was not talking of gold and men-at-arms under him, so it's obvious he's gonna play the game for the sake of the Starks. Frankly, I like the Starks, I know you do as well. But just because I liked them doesn't mean I wasn't bored with them. There were hundreds of crossovers showing how their chosen protags saved the Starks in the miraculous way of their series. I've seen them. I've read them. And now? I'm bloody bored. I want variety. And I want quality. Show us what you can do with your brand of Eragon.
4/6/2015 c2 19Zekariah C.L. Schron
pretty good keep up the good work
4/6/2015 c2 NoOneInParticular17
Love it.

Don't really have anything to say about it at the moment, but when you add more content I will.

I wish you luck and eagerly await more.
4/6/2015 c2 1blade master naruto
I like it so far i hope eragon has been storeing energy for the five year hes been in westeros and that he heals bran
446 « Prev Page 1 .. 20 27 28 29 30