for The Honor of Manticore

4/6/2018 c1 3AngelForm
A nice little divergence.
Always wondered what would have happened if the Manticor/Grayson navey had ignored orders and just advanced anyway. They had the firepower to smash through and take Haven before official orders to arrest the admirals came arrived.
2/11/2018 c1 Cateagle
Very interesting take on how events could have gone and I daresay it would set a number of parties in an uproar as Manticore did not do the expected thing. I suspect that the longer-term results would be as you posited and the results of that could get very "interesting".
2/9/2017 c1 1Lord Sia
Would that this were canon.
1/15/2017 c1 1JamesTKent
If only it could have happened this way. . . .
10/29/2015 c1 Prometheus-42
This is something I wished had happened when I read it to begin with.

I wish I could see where this would have lead to, though I rather doubt the timeline would have continued mostly unchanged as you suggest.
7/14/2015 c1 MMC
Interesting, I would like to see where this could go.
4/28/2015 c1 3skywiseskychan
I like it. You would probably need to do a lot more research into just exactly what the powers of the Monarch vs the Cabinet are, to see if you could justify the opposition government staying in place. It would be interesting to see how you decided to have the media spin go. Especially because they couldn't pull that military taxes for peace projects stuff when the rest of the Alliance was pushing operations with their own fleets and putting an actual end to the war.

So either the opposition party would be required to push that constitutional crisis to a head to stop Grason from 'winning' the war for them, or allow the military to help Grason win the war, or give up their power to the queen. But at this point in time I think that the allies actualy do have the strength to push through to Haven itself if no unified peace negotiation is actually in place.

So would the crown or cabinet win that confrontation, or would the government back down and try to push the war to an end and take advantage of what they can?
4/24/2015 c1 Rose1948
I like this! One shot or not, I like this! Then again, I've been reading Honor Harrington books since I first ran across "On Basilisk Station" when it first came out in paperback. *chuckles* Admittedly there ARE gaps in my reading. I'll have to start up again soon. Libraries are wonderful places to "store" all the books I "own" and all, y'know. *grins*

Never did much care for the brain-dead part of Manticore's government. Poor Elizabeth.
4/17/2015 c1 1Lord Grise
Damn, this is an ambitious undertaking. Author and story followed; you've got a brilliant start, and I'm looking forward to more!
4/15/2015 c1 bendin
Welll
Considering that DW explictly asced to not inform him about fanfiction on his books (some legal crap following this) it is har to find a decent Harington story. Thank you for one.
Honorverse is - probably - most fiction universe fromm all Science-Fiction family. Big govrnment organizactions are not corrupt. All ship parts tend to work. Spies behave like James Bond rejects and... are alive in the end, so on and so on. But, never the lessI love read about super woman Honor.
So - gain thank you for your story. When will "the chapter II" be posted?

Bendi, Poland
4/15/2015 c1 Lina esrevnI
a great point to start I hope you expand this
4/14/2015 c1 2Rogue15
This has been one of the most interesting shorts I have read in a long while. I lost track of the Honor series a book or so after this point just because it got so damn depressing.

Right here, where the queen stands up for what she believes in... That was gold and I truly hope that you continue it in the future. Thanks for the read and I think you might of just motivated me to pick those books up again.
4/14/2015 c1 2Libri Ignis
I really wanted to see the Queen tell them all to stuff it when I first read it. Now I have. Nice.