for Redmond Diaries -the fourth year

6/19/2017 c10 AnneNGil
Ooh... I love this chapter!
6/19/2017 c8 AnneNGil
I like how you brought the stars into theme.
4/7/2017 c4 Aidni
I've read and reviewed before (possibly under another guest alias) and praised effusively, but this time around I just wanted to compliment your fine and subtle sense of irony: 'if I was the nasty minded sort' -Josie Pye

Excellent!
8/9/2016 c11 4OriginalMcFishie
Thank you for writing this, I really enjoyed it. I wasn't sure when I started with RD1, but a few chapters in I was hooked. I hope you will be writing more of Anne and Gil
8/6/2016 c9 30KM2000
Hey there. :) I haven't read all of this fic, but I read this chapter and was impressed by it. I didn't expect it to be so tear-jerking! As I was reading I could really picture Gilbert suffering through his illness and his family suffering along with him and it was just heart-wrenching to see.

The strength and love of Gilbert's mother is awe-inspiring. It was so heartwarming seeing that she refused to leave Gilbert's side completely and insisted on looking after him even when it put her own life in danger. That is definitely true motherly love. :')

I think my favorite parts were the last two at the end. That last letter from Gilbert's mother is so beautifully written, it brought tears into my eyes. I could truly feel Mrs Blythe's agony and Gilbert's agony and it was all so heartbreaking that I almost cried. And I have to say that those last few lines of Mrs Blythe's letter really did me in, they were so powerful.

Ending the chapter with a few lines from Anne was nice, and I think that the lines you wrote there are very fitting. It's kind of like Anne is echoing Gilbert's plea in a way. And I liked the way you left it at those three lines. Those three short lines were more powerful and impacted me more than if there'd been more than that written.

So that's all I've got to say. Your writing is amazing, and I'll definitely be reading whatever Anne of Green Gables fanfiction you write next. :)
2/12/2016 c11 Anna
Yet another night of staying up ALL NIGHT, and I have finished it! You are incredible. I was daydreaming about your story while I was at work, and it dawned on me that part of the reason why I've become so attached to your stories is this: Even as I read these books as a girl, I always knew that Anne and I weren't "kindred spirits." I loved her and she helped to shape me into the woman I am today, but I couldn't always understand her. As an adult rediscovering this treasure from childhood, there were moments when I started feeling like I'd loved Anne's stories more than they deserved, and the plots and characters I cherished seemed suspiciously unbelievable. Your stories have helped me to understand these characters and believe in them again. Gilbert's hopeless faithfulness, Anne's foolishness and sudden change of heart... after reading your stories, it all makes sense to Adult Me as satisfactorily as it did when I was 13. You've given me the gift of being able to believe in these characters as a grown up, and that's very special. I'm not expressing it as well as I'd like (did I mention that I've been up all night reading? Again? And now it's dawn?), but you excel at filling in the gaps. :)
7/13/2015 c11 LizDexic
I've been waiting with the patience of Gilbert Blythe for the Windy Willows journals and so have decided to re-read, well actually, all of your fanfic lexicon. Can't wait for more, and perhaps I'm not actually as patient as Gilbert after all.
I'm sure Gilbert will have some insecurities that need to be worked out, by push-ups or otherwise. I anticipate Anne still has much self-searching to do before she in the marriable state, and Priss (Mr. Rawley?), Stella (her poor bitter broken heart must mend sometime right?) and the others all have stories to be resolved. I also can't wait to see what you do with Katherine with a K personified, the estimable ladies of GG and the other inhabitants of Avonlea.
Here's to hoping the summer is full of lovely hazy days and swirling maritime thoughts and the authors of Redmond Diaries and Windy Willows Letter will leave you no peace.
6/4/2015 c7 Halinah
How I loved Christine...
One of my favourite chapters! Can't wait to read more of your works!
5/30/2015 c11 3JD SPARKS
Lovely ending! So happy that it ended with Anne telling Gilbert she loved him, and have him cry in joy over it. I mean you know he's got to be so overwhelmed at that moment only having been in love with her since he was 13! I'm so sad to know that the Redmond Diaries have come to an end. It was a glorious adventure, and I'm so glad you shared your creation with us! As you know it's been a complete joy for me to read, and I'll be eagerly looking forward, as well as backwards, to more of your works.

As for the Windy Willows letters, I do love Anne/Gilbert moments. I'd love to hear more from other characters too, but I do feel that may also be a decision that you would need to make since I'm not sure how you'd feel having to create/write more with less from the text, though you've done amazingly with the Redmond Diaries. Since there isn't much about what's going on with everyone else, even Gilbert. I'd say to sick with whatever you feel comfortable with and know that I'm happily behind whatever you decide! You are so talented and I am always eager to see what you come up with! Can't wait to read more!
5/28/2015 c11 LizDexic
I came back to Anne fics to assuage my broken heart upon the death of Jonathan. Redmond Diaries were just the thing to bring the romance back to the world. Priscilla and Stella were superb, though I do wish they laughed together more, those two moody girls. I've also never been able to tolerate any 'pocket watch' or 'tree love' talk because it seemed so below Anne and Gilbert, but you managed to keep them true to character in a way that didn't make them seem purient. Push ups! Of course! So very Gilbert. Applause to you! Very well done. Looking forward to the Windy Popular letters, and I vote for more Priscilla and Phil!
5/28/2015 c11 Halinah
Amazing end to an amazing story. You shouldn't have worried about it not being realistic - Anne is too excited and overwhelmed with happiness to sleep so she writes about what has happened. If you wrote about her realising she loves Gil when he is almost dying - that could be unrealistic.

The whole RD series was one of the best things I have read recently, so I'm really excited about the love letters. I will love it either way, but please give us a lot of Gilbert - I loved his "voice" in the diaries and beside "dearest Gilbert," he was hardly ever mentioned in Windy Poplars.
5/27/2015 c11 Astrakelly
Love it, great as always! Can't wait for the next story! Honestly I would love to see letters from everyone but I'm good either way !
5/27/2015 c11 3YorkshireTeaDrinker
That was so utterly, deliciously, wonderfully perfect. I am floating on a cloud of bliss.

Everything was so right. The way Anne was becoming so sure that Gilbert was engaged to Christine and steeling herself to live without him. We see her in the few weeks since Gilbert's recovery going through all the same emotions a Gilbert has endured over the past couple of years. Trying to convince herself that Gil living is enough: "The very best thing has happened. Gilbert lives. Nothing else matters and I am resolved to be the very best Anne I can without him". And how, in the moments before his proposal she is finally able to love him selflessly and let him go if that's what it takes:

"All those dreams slipped through my mind like beads down a broken thread. Lost to me, but without regret when my dearest dream had already come true. He was alive and his hand was in mine and nothing else mattered. There was no bitterness, no might have beens. I felt only joy that he lived."

I love the way you wove LMM's words so seamlessly with your own. Anne's remark about Gilbert being "every bit as poetical as I can when he means to be", a wonderful way of placing LMM's Gilbert in the Katherine-with-a-K cannon. And the something that he "should otherwise do tomorrow" was just wonderful.

I've said before now, that the way you have the pair of them moving in symmetry throughout this narrative has been masterly. I was on tenterhooks with them both, waiting for that useless hour to pass. Both still unsure, despite heaps of evidence to the contrary, if happiness is in their grasp.

And Anne's account of what passed between them in Hester Grey's garden. All the wonderful detail that made it so real, so achingly, beautifully, excruciatingly real. The nerves, the joy, the rapture, the peppermints, the clumsy teeth clash. "I'll break something over your head in a minute", "Don't move". I love Gilbert even more now.

What is so strong about your writing is the way you tell the story through all the characters. How wonderful and right that Marilla knew, and was so overjoyed. That scene where Marilla was holding Anne in tears was reminiscent of after Matthew's funeral. It showed Marilla's fierce, maternal love. And she told Anne to hold her tongue! So exactly Marilla. Of course she knew.

And giving Gil the final word. Anne leaping into his arms. Anne overwhelming him with the force of her live and finally finally saying the words she could have said years ago: "I love you Gilbert Blythe".

Well, I hope you are feeling the same love right now Katherine, because you have up made this Anne-girl deliciously happy. This is a beautiful ending to a phenomenal series. It has been a joy and privilege to follow this story. I have loved Anne for years and years, hers is a world I return to whenever my own gets a bit tough, and you have made that world zip and sing and come alive. You have even inspired me to have a go myself at adding a little more gilding around the edges.

Thank you so much for many weeks of reading pleasure.

You may have a short break to enjoy the cricket ;-) but I hope you are back soon with a sheaf of correspondence from Spooks Lane. I do, of course, want to see what Anne wrote when she had the right sort of pen. And lots more from Gil, who is most unfairly silenced for much of the subsequent books. But you are so good with the characters around the edges, I would love to see what you can do with Rebecca Dew and Katherine Brooke and we have to hear from Phil and Pris and Stella again.
5/27/2015 c11 14mountainrivergirl
Yay! Happiness at last. So sweet. I love that they are so in sync that they both are at war with clocks. And that Anne could barely stop herself from wishing on Gilbert's starry eyes. I will miss this story terribly! I'll be looking for the next one.
5/27/2015 c11 Guest
I love I love I love I love I love I love I love... I love I love love love love I love I love I love I LOVE something something extraordinary ans wonderful and beautiful and exhilarating and free. I love quaint homey lovely words as comforting as apple pie and I love love as free as the wind, as steady as lovers lane and as exquisite as pinky candy hearts. I'm sorry I'm not making sense. I love you!
Thank you thank you thank you! I never missed a chapter and I will never be able to miss anything you write... This is the best, hands down, the best fan fiction I've ever read in my life.
Can't wait for your next!
196 « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »