for Early excavations

1/30/2018 c1 112Kahli Hime
1/21/2016 c1 junmiller
For some reason I just found this one and I have to say this is my another favorite short story from you! I actually love all of your fictions but this one is very cute and I don't believe I have ever read something about a younger Lara , definitely not something that focus on Lara and Roth's relationship, you have done a beautiful and incredible job on writing Lara, whether she was a teen, a young college girl or the classic Lara Croft.
All of your stories should be used as canon written. Seriously! Please continue writing ~~~
5/26/2015 c1 5Rainbowrama
I had a great time reading it! You write really well! And oh, I loved the dr Zhivago reference! Haha reminds me of my grandma (I named a pet after lara croft and she thought it was because of the movie). Good job!
5/10/2015 c1 24ObsessedwReading
Amazing chapter and fanfiction. Very well written. i enjoyed reading it very much. :)
4/22/2015 c1 Anon
Thanks for posting so close after you finished Easier to run. This feels so in tune with your story arc. Love the awkward little girl with crushed hopes and adamant attitude. I hope you keep on writing.
4/22/2015 c1 10HeidiW
Well I have to say I didn't expect a one shot so soon after your Magnum Opus, but hey, I'm not complaining!

I love these windows into Lara's past, you have a decided knack for defining Lara's character in ways that make her seem so real, she doesn't sound like a fictional character when you give her so many layers - there's an incredible depth to her that just makes for fascinating reading, even in settings as mundane as dinner in a café.

The bonus in this one is seeing Lara through Roth's eyes, and giving us an insight into his mindset - it really does drive home the profound effect on Lara following his death on Yamatai. He realizes she's a jewel in the making (and in fact will become even more so in the coming years) and reading how he tries to come to terms with that fact makes for a lovely story.

Loved the little details like Lara eying the waitress in the café - if only Roth knew lol :D

Yet another beautiful story - kudos! :D
4/21/2015 c1 9The Demon's Reflection
Didn't expect to see another story so soon. Nicely done. As always.