for Cloudburst

5/22/2020 c1 5ErroneousJuxtaposition
Wait why do I love this so much? It super floats my boat!
5/8/2015 c1 untamableshipper
Oh, I can definitely relate with Su! Haha, take that, Tenzin!
4/25/2015 c1 Secret River Fan
Oh my goodness this is better than anything I could have hoped for. I believe this is my first official gift fic – thank you!

Suyin was something here. I can very much imagine her full of adrenaline and as giddy as she is with Lin here after the battle once she’s assured all her family are all right.
Assuming this story is set in the same universe as ‘Lullaby’ then Su is technically right about Lin and Tenzin sleeping together, lol _. But it’s quite gratifying to see Su wholeheartedly take Lin’s side for once, when poor Lin is constantly told that she’s being irrational and wrong nearly every time she clashes with someone in canon. It’s quite a ways from Su sneering “No wonder Tenzin left you” years ago.

Just as Suyin shows some growth it was amusing to see Tenzin essentially regress in this scene. He seemed to be acting like a child, demanding Lin give him her attention, and then resorting to goading and cruelty to get any sort of response from her. It’s interesting that he turns to Suyin as an ally against Lin when at any other time that would probably really tick Lin off, given their history.

I really appreciate that Tenzin recognizes that he should have offered some aid, not because Lin sacrificed herself for him and his family once, but because of their long history together. I think he does recognize that he let Lin down and he IS sorry, but I think his utter blind sidedness and devotion to being an unofficial monarch to the new Airbenders (notice how he doesn’t mention the nonbending Acolytes who used to solely make up the Air Nation) is potentially problematic. I don’t think Lin would have asked them to put themselves in danger, but it’s important to note that the new Airbenders are mostly from the Earth Kingdom, so Kuvira’s actions do affect them in some capacity. At the very least, Tenzin should have let them decide if they wanted to be involved in any sort of rescue, and to what extent, instead of being told that since they’re now Airbenders, they *have* to be pacifists for the rest of their lives. It’s a very flawed set up that could come crashing down on Tenzin’s head.

I’ll discuss more in Lullaby but Tenzin does seem like he’s in for a world of hurt the way he’s been going on. He’s exhibiting desperation to be close with Lin and to regain that emotional intimacy but I think pushing Lin at this point isn’t good for either of them. The point is that he did let her down in a very big way and when it comes to Lin/Lin’s family vs. ‘his’ people he might very well do so again. I’m so thrilled she tells him that she could never hate him but she doesn’t forgive him. That’s how it goes with Lin and her loved ones who’ve wronged her.

This was fantastic and thank you so much for writing it