FanFiction.Net
for Over in a Flash of Red

6/17/2015 c7 ChoppedHige
This was a very interesting chapter.

The continuation of the sharingan training was executed well. It's been done before, but you pulled it off without feeling like it was copied and pasted from someone else's fic. That's a plus. A bit cavalier, but going by canon, it's really the only feasible way to advance your story with a matured sharingan before what might be the massacre.

Sasuke's entire family was slaughtered and all he got was a single tomoe that went dormant for years.

On an unrelated note, how the hell does the amount of mental trauma not cause it to mature faster? Sasuke gets smacked with Itachi's Tsukiyomi and gets zilch (I was completely okay with, I friggin hate Sasuke). First battle at the VoE and his sharingan fully matures. Kishi works in mysterious ways...mainly being the biggest Sasuke fanboy.

*coughs* Back to your fic. The introduction of another Uzumaki is something I really liked. The execution was extremely rushed and I can only hope there is more of a back story (or a more detailed short one; oxymoron I know) since it would seem like you're throwing in an Uzumaki for the hell of it. Considering your stellar track record so far, I doubt that is the case.

Detail given to the Uchiha's status in the village, pre-massacre, was very enjoyable; including more of Naruto's integration into the clan. You've created an Uchiha district with people and land, not just your typical author who writes 'The Uchiha District', mentions Fugaku as a douche in half a paragraph and that's it. You've given the Uchiha compound a personality. Hard to explain, but that's the only way I can describe it.

The allusion to the oncoming massacre (or not? Dunno, you're the author and you've kept this typical reader finding himself wrong in his predictions.) has been written exceptionally. You can truly feel the suspense building even higher in this chapter.

You've taken a less then 6k chapter and made it better then a vast majority of writers 12k.

Thanks for all of your hard work and I can't wait for the next chapter. -Chris
6/17/2015 c7 1sketchtheunicorn
It has taken you quite a while to get to the Academy, but with how strong Naruto is right now, is the Academy even necessary? I'd say Naruto is at least high Genin to low Chunin, and that is just because of his lack of field experience. Wouldn't having him apprenticed to Shisue or someone else be a more logical reaction to his skill level? I mean what is he actually going to learn that he doesn't already know? Aside from that, the story is playing out well and I have seen Very few errors in grammar and spelling. Keep up the good work and I can't wait to read the next chapter.
6/17/2015 c7 4Omni007
Good story keep it up and UPDATE SOON
6/17/2015 c7 Shadow-Shinobi666
Great chapter, can't wait for the next. But there is something that I don't understand, why do you put "read and review" at the end of the chapter instead of just "please review"?
6/17/2015 c7 kamui5
Damn danzou. wonder who else will survive. I'd hope Shisui will
6/17/2015 c2 1sketchtheunicorn
I just followed this story for the sole reason of the Third pointing out that the Hidden Leaf is run by the Hokage, not the council, which most stories on this site seem to think is the opposite.
6/17/2015 c7 frankieu
nice chapter like the story progress
and yea danzo is a pain to write on the one hand he is loyal on the other hand he bhelive's his way is the right way
6/15/2015 c6 ArmouredxSaint
Interesting so far...
6/14/2015 c6 ChoppedHige
This is such a hard chapter to review in my mind. You, as the author, feel the opposite. That creates quite the conundrum.

Like always, your writing is well done. No criticism there.

Plot-line? It's going the way you want it to and that makes me glad because an author who doesn't write for themselves first is one doomed to fail since one ruled by readers shouldn't be one. Screw the readers. If they leave, they do. You've already pointed it out and I'm glad you did.

A sisterhood of Mikoto and Kushina, kunoichi-wise with titles? It may sound stupid, but I found that part of this chapter to be absolutely refreshing. They're always friends, rarely mentioned as ones who fought together. You gave Mikoto a fellow title and a duo title. Very refreshing in a Narutoverse that has very little originality.

Danzo? I loathe the bastard and his introduction and actions in pretty much every fic is predictable...but I don't really have a problem with it if it's done well; an incredibly difficult thing to pull off. Writing known cliche trying to put your own spin on it? That's a huge hill to climb that I'm looking forward to reading.

Thanks for all of your hard work and I can't wait for the next chapter. -Chris
6/12/2015 c6 Guest
Well this is really getting good so keep up the good work and update soon looking forward to the next chapter.
6/12/2015 c6 Guest
supert
6/11/2015 c5 Guest
6/13/2015 c5 3Albinounicorn
I loved Itachi's willingness to prank Shisui like that
What kinds of bashing is here? Pretty sure there's civ, is there going to be any Sasu/Saku bashing?
6/12/2015 c5 Rickjames196
Woohoo time skip. I dun think you have to darken jutsu names if they are not being 'cast-ed' I mean I don't know bout other people but when I see a darkened jutsu name; In my mind it reads like in the anime when they shout it out. Naruto is such an uchiha, poor itachi got his jutsu stolen. Lulz he asked itachi to teach it to him. Lulz fail ass uchiha she tripped... Lame oc pairing... Hopefully she is just the way for him to get mangekyo...
6/12/2015 c6 Elemental Ninja 1608
Really good chapter, wonder what will Danzo do and how Naruto will react. I can't wait for Naruto to meet the Uzumaki girl.
223 « Prev Page 1 .. 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 .. Last Next »