for The Last Watchers

8/29/2017 c15 21mandassina
Malcolm entering his report amidst everything else had me howling. Too perfect. And Archer, wanting to know where the bourbon was hidden, nice ending. This was a lovely story. Thanks for sharing it.
8/29/2017 c12 mandassina
Malcolm's thirsty, but, "if it came to a matter of survival over a long term, his chances were extremely low. He would not waste valuable rations by consuming them when the other two might need them more than he." He needs them NOW. The other two just have to find a stream and boil some water. Hope one or the other notices he needs a drink...and three cheers for Trip. I wasn't expecting it so soon. But, why not wash the infection with bourbon. It'll hurt like H but alcohol is a good disinfectant/antiseptic.
8/29/2017 c11 mandassina
Well, I'm please to find Archer is more sympathetic and compassionate towards Malcolm. Reed, 'trying to raise a ghost of a smile.' LOL...how apropos.
8/29/2017 c10 mandassina
Trip's landing...'scraping the hull slightly'...immediately had me thinking of Broken Bow where he dings Enterprise and then later dings the Suliban Helix. He's not a very good pilot at close quarters, is he? Did you have those moments in mind when you wrote that bit? Whether you did or not, it works beautifully. Y'know, maybe, in addition to seat belts, they need to equip the 'pods with a car finder device, a little key fob that bleeps louder when you're getting closer and softer when you're moving farther away.
8/29/2017 c9 mandassina
Hmmm, I am curious to see what this Ensign Fox is going to do. I find that usually, when people name OCs they have plans for them. A nitpick, remembering from Shuttlepod One, it would take years for the pod to get from one star system to the next. The pods aren't capable of warp speed, but hey, it's a good story. I can pretend that they are. LOVED Malcolm's pride in his people's marksmanship. You shot me! But that's ok, because you hit where you were aiming! Y'know, it surprises me that they never, ever think to install seat belts in the shuttle pods. IT'S TWENTIETH CENTURY TECHNOLOGY! And it happens in the show, not just fan fiction, so not your fault that you're following the precedent they set. Heck, Trip didn't even think if it after getting his head half bashed in in Shockwave. URGH!
8/29/2017 c8 mandassina
They need to figure out pretty quick that they shouldn't be firing phasers at Malcolm. Really loving this ghost story.
8/29/2017 c7 mandassina
So, essentially they have an ancient homicidal maniac on board, and no way to get rid of it. Lovely. At leas, it looks as if Malcolm is safe if they keep him unconscious. And now Trip knows he was right, it is malicious.
8/29/2017 c6 mandassina
I like the way you keep them open-minded about the 'ghost's' intent...communication or harm. Nice the way Archer heads Trip off before he can press an argument, too. After all, right now the important question is, how is Malcolm? Not sure what good Archer thinks a phaser is going to be against mist, but I suppose certain responses are sort of ingrained. It bothers me that he's so adamant about talking to Malcolm. I don't know that there's anything wrong with that. I think if I'm just hypersensitive to his treatment of Malcolm. I seem to have read a lot of fics where the first mistake or error in judgement Malcolm makes gets him thrown into the brig and brought to answer at a court martial because Archer can't trust him after the Section 31 business and he is therefore no longer entitled to an honest mistake. So, any time Malcolm is hurt or in trouble and Archer doesn't coddle him like a precious, fragile porcelain doll, I tend to think Archer is just a thoughtless, insensitive, uncaring jerk.
8/28/2017 c5 mandassina
This is a really good creepy story. It's time for me to go to bed...have to work in the morning. If I have nightmares, I'm blaming you.
8/28/2017 c4 mandassina
Demonic possession?
8/28/2017 c3 mandassina
Yep, boogey man, poltergiest?
8/28/2017 c2 mandassina
Hmm, I'm thinking the shimmering white smoke is a boogey man of some sort. Something stalking them.
8/28/2017 c1 mandassina
A bit dismayed at how eagerly they all plunge into the storm. Not even one person suggested they wait a few hours to see if the weather clears a bit, or send a probe first, to get more information on the atmosphere. I get that they're concerned it might be an SOS, but they don't know that and the first concern of any rescue crew should be to avoid needing rescued themselves. That said, you did a great job with building tension on the shuttle craft, Trip's 'any landing you walk away from...' quip was cute, and I have to be honest, here, I think Trip's volunteering to stay behind and check out the shuttle was partly a ploy to avoid having to go out in the rain.
7/14/2015 c15 Lupinesence
Wonderful fic :)
7/9/2015 c15 121LoyaulteMeLie
Well, that planet was definitely worth a visit, wasn't it? Except that it started squabbles on the ship from the reports, so I wouldn't associate it with peaceful coexistence on any level!

Very well told!