FanFiction.Net
for The Transfer

7/25/2015 c8 kwarner
Excellent ending to this story.
7/25/2015 c8 TORONTOSUN
I like how this all ended for Kate Beckett, with Rick and Kate making breakfast for her birthday. Congrats on a great story.
7/25/2015 c8 fixitmr
I WANT to be an ACTRESS ...

Thank you for this story ...
7/25/2015 c8 txgal2015

Wonderful story

7/21/2015 c7 FDWojo
So, I've read these last two chapters that you posted since my last review. And with this (near) ending, I'm of two minds about it. on the negative size, you took away Henry's power. Kind of like having Clark Kent and Lois Lane get together and so he gives up his abilities. Very regrettable. Plus, it seems like the whole reason you did the crime scene stuff was just to find a way to give Kate more babies.

But... On the good side, you did do that crime and process afterwards and all that. I'm glad that you were able to get the story to this point. I know I said before that a lot of people really like fluff and babies (and fluff).

And also, as I said, a stew with only one ingredient is not much of a stew. But you've gone past and beyond that. The story was actually quite good. I will say that I still wish that this had still maintained a center tat the precinct with the family and fluff as side stuff. But it worked out okay. Don't get me wrong. As much as I detest Jerry Tyson stories (hang on, this will make sense), the only thing worse is stories about problems with babies. My problem with Tyson stories is writers are always trying to one-up each other. "My Jerry Tyson is More horrific and terrible then yours!".

So... We are past that stuff. I know I said before that I think that one reason that so many people like this story is because it had (not so much) FOREVER in it. With FOREVER only making it thru one season, and not even being able to start the relationship off, I'd think that anyone doing Castle-Forever cross-over fics has a good head start. But I'm still looking for problems for them to solve type stories. Usually crime, sometimes bad guys trying to hurt and/or stop them.

I hope you have more opportunities to write more. The style of your writing is very good. Now I need to find content that speaks to me and I'll be set.

Very good work.

Frank
7/19/2015 c7 kwarner
Great chapter...
7/18/2015 c7 TORONTOSUN
I like how Kate and Rick has the perfect twins, the names are great too. I like the reference to Cosmo. Funny.
7/13/2015 c6 kwarner
Great chapter. I have a great idea, they adopt the twins and then Kate will find out she is pregnant.
7/11/2015 c6 txgal2015
Great update

7/11/2015 c6 TORONTOSUN
I like to see Rick and Kate bring the twins home as their own. I like how you included Henry in the chapter. I even like Jo agrees with everyone about the shared brain thing.
7/4/2015 c5 TORONTOSUN
I like how Kate has made peace with her choice. Being a stay at home Mother.
7/4/2015 c5 kwarner
I think that was a good idea Kate. I don't think she would be happy leaving the baby behind in the morning and coming back 8 or more hours later. Great chapter.
7/4/2015 c5 FDWojo
Hello! I just thought I'd drop my two cents in.

I know that way back in Chapter 1, you said you had thought that since it looked like Stana wasn't coming back, that this would be a good way to keep FOREVER alive.

Although I do NOT belive that CASTLE would have continued in any form without her, it did seem like Kate would be made Captain. So bringing Jo in made it just fine.

In my personal preference, I would have *liked* for Jo to work with Ryan and Espo and Castle, with Kate as an active captain, but I can understand you making that partly different.

But in this chapter, it seems to me that you have decided to travel a different path, and to work the story to the point where Kate is written out of the stories so she can be with Rebecca.

Also, even though you've brought Jo in, I really regret that Henry didn't make any on-screen appearances. Yes, I know it was mentioned that he and Jo are engaged, and that they got together with Kate and Rick for dinner, but for Henry, that was all off-camera.

What disappoints me the most is that without Kate, the story has no purpose in my mind. There was a joke going around the internet a year ago, about a spin-off show from CASTLE, called BECKETT. I have always felt that she was probably even more important to the show, than Castle is.

I realize that there are some readers out there that love the fluffy home stuff, usually with a baby tossed in, but that's like making a stew with just one single ingredient. I do like a bit of fluff. and that's probably why I usually don't read Tyson stories because people are always trying to one-up each other, and they get carried away with "Who can make Jerry do the most horrendous, heinous thing to Beckett or Castle (or Alexis!)". Not my cup of tea, thank you very much.

But having said all that, I prefer to have a bit of family life with the case/adventure stuff, because at the very least, there should be a balance or maybe slightly more case action, just like it is on the show.

I know that you previously commented that you were amazed by how many people liked the story. and in the beginning, I liked it too. But I think a lot of it was because it was a way to prevent FOREVER from dying.

Having said that, I know you mentioned that there will be at least one more chapter and an epilogue (or maybe more). I'm sorry to say that a part of me will be happy when that happens, because this is not the Castle I love.

Yes, I know, you are the author and can write what you want. But I'll admit that from the summary, I was anticipating that this would be further crime stories with family stuff sprinkled in. You'd have Kate as Captain and Jo taking her place as Lead detective.

But now, to put the icing on this cake, you are having Castle end the HEAT series and take his "writing in a new direction". True, you don't say what direction, and maybe it'll be interesting if it deals with the 12th precinct crew, but as it is right now, I feel like Superman just married Lois Lane, they had a baby, and he is hanging up his cape and foregoing the idea of helping to give a voice to those who are victims. I realize that it's not an exact match here, but it gets the idea across.

I have tried my best to be able to explain my viewpoint without resorting to anything negative. I guess I just wish this story had gone in a different direction that the one it evolved into.

As much as CASTLE is my absolute favorite show, EVER, I would put FOREVER in second place, and am always interested in crossover stories between them.

I guess I'll just keep looking.

Frank
7/4/2015 c5 txgal2015
Great update. Love this story

6/27/2015 c4 kwarner
I love it, great chapter...
36 Page 1 .. Last Next »