for The Tragical History of Dr Faustus

11/10/2015 c2 16Elrond's Scribe
And here's your writing at its best again, and Wanda playing The Sunken Cathedral - ai! *shivers* Wanda's going to tell the Baron what he most fears? That should be quite dangerous! And . . .interesting. And of course she and Pietro are projects, experiments, just like poor Bucky before them. Why would they do something human like let them be together, or feed him?

Sweat and dirt roads and sometimes fish - and probably scrolls too! Those rabbis knew their bibles, didn't they? :)

Because I'm enjoying,
Zillah
11/10/2015 c1 Elrond's Scribe
Hi Crackers! I'm FINALLY reviewing!

I've watched everything up through Age of Ultron now (except for Guardians of the Galaxy), so I can enjoy this story properly now. Poor Wanda! [And I am completely in love with Vision, so I enjoy any appearance he puts in - he's so blunt and kind at the same time!] You've also captured Wanda's native Orthodoxy perfectly, I think. She's pretty insightful about Natasha too - she knows what she made Nat relive, and how it affects her.

Good thing she's caught SHIELD on a good day. Rarely do they seem to have their ducks in a row.
11/7/2015 c2 112AzureSkye23
So...now that I've actually seen Age of Ultron...

You've always had a gift for characterization, Crackers, but this is flawless. Beautiful, beautiful work. And the flashbacks are amazing. This is very much Wanda. Pietro is great. And I'm reading Natasha's lines in Scarlett Johansson's voice. Excellent fic!
8/21/2015 c2 mornnenn
Such pretty, poetic writing. It was beautiful, and I'm glad I finally got a chance to read it.

I liked the detail of Pietro starving, and the words used to describe that.

Very lovely. I'd write more, but I'm kind of scattered right now
7/28/2015 c2 46The Wayfaring Strangers
Ahhhh! This chapter... I /loved/ it. Your take on their life during the experiments was fantastic and original. I loved the piano and the prayer and the feeling you gave the place and the people. And the last lines about God and the gifts He gives just got me... My twin is a gift also.

As usual, your writing is gorgeous and evocative - I loved your metaphors and your sense of place and detail.

*goes off to cry over the feels*

-Celt
7/27/2015 c2 24Galad Estel
I liked how you described Wanda's coming into realization about her powers, especially the piano scene and the part where Wanda's powers push the Baron's hand away. The antagonist relationship she has with the people who are giving her power is interestingly presented, and I really loved the last thought about how God smells like cold sweat and peanut butter protein bars.
7/24/2015 c2 45Thalion Estel
Wow; I absolutely loved the flashback! You did a simply fantastic job with all of it. The transition of her learning about her powers was so well described, really painting an outstanding picture of what it would have been like. I also loved the detail about Pietro's metabolism; that's a good point! The scene with her playing the piano was great, along with her reading what Pietro put in her file about the talent. XD Sibling humor-I can testify that it's accurate! The last idea Wanda had about Pietro being her gift was really good; I liked that connection a lot. All around, excellent chapter. I can't wait for more!
7/21/2015 c2 7TortoisetheStoryteller
Awwwww. I love the bit about how God smells especially.
7/20/2015 c2 Farcrys
Wow...this is really good.
7/20/2015 c2 21Jokerang
Nice flashbacks. Interesting things the piano as practice for telekinesis the religious symbolism throughout.
6/29/2015 c1 46The Wayfaring Strangers
Ahhh! You wrote Marvel fic! It's fantastic. Wanda is really in-character here and your descriptions are breathtaking. I also love theway way you mixed in the Eastern Orthodox elements. I can't wait to see where this story goes!
6/27/2015 c1 6Nimrodel626
Oh wow, I can't believe I missed this gem. I though I had you on author alerts. Apparently not. That'll be rectified immediately.

Anyway, I loved how you portrayed Wanda and Pietro, and how you worked the Church into it. I think this must be the first Christian Avengers fanfiction I have ever found, and I love it.

I'm assuming that the crossing with your left hand thing was something coming out of the child!Wanda's mind..? Because I crossed myself with my left hand for the longest time and no one said anything...

Anyway, just the way you worked the prayers in, and everything else, it was natural, not 'down your throat' at all.

I really look forward to seeing how Wanda's character develops, especially spiritually, as she clearly has a few more issues than just her family being gone.

Until the next update...

May the Valar guide your pen,
Nimrodel
6/27/2015 c1 45Thalion Estel
Wow; this story has gotten off to a spectacular start! The writing is so deep and real; you've managed to paint a vivid and beautiful picture of Wanda, even in her grief. Speaking of Wanda, you're characterization of her is excellent, and her sorrow is so easy for the readers to feel. I am really enjoying the Eastern Orthodox culture here; it's so cool to see that culture, especially in close connection with the Avengers. I also really liked the interaction between the various Avengers; they are all written very well. I look forward to more!
6/24/2015 c1 24Galad Estel
Ah, this is beautiful. I love how you used choppy fragments in places. It's like the shattered pieces of Wanda's mind thrown this way and that, past and present and touching other's thoughts. It was incredible. I love how you take characters and just dive into their minds', and with Wanda, well, she's so much mind, and that's beautiful. I love how Steve acts kind of like an older brother, but how Wanda doesn't feel he understands, and your Vision was brilliant, as was your Sam, who was just kind and caring. I love Sam so much. I also really enjoyed your back and forth between Wanda and Natasha and how Wanda stopped herself from slipping into Nat's mind at the training session. The flashbacks worked brilliantly. I loved how Wanda was worried Pietro would go to hell if he crossed with his left hand. I love how you wove their faith into the piece, even during the training session. (Sam's eyes -They're brown as a cross.) Wanda's guilt over her brother's depth was understandable and powerfully presented. In short piece you have already breathed so much life into her character, so much feeling. Her prayer with her brother for revenge and her final resolution that God is the one to deal out revenge made for a strong ending. Overall, this was just a fantastic piece. :)
6/24/2015 c1 21Jokerang
So read this after just reading Dr Faustus in my summer college class. This an interesting take on Wanda's struggles to move on past Pietro's death, and I'm interested to see where this goes.
18 Page 1 2 Next »