for Probably a Bad Idea

11/5/2016 c1 2Storms in my Coffee
Wow, really well done. I'm jealous of how easily you write the character interaction here. It just flows! I love this idea too. I would definitely read more of this concept!
1/3/2016 c1 WarriorPrincessNumber42
I really enjoyed this! Your writing is really well done and you really have the characters pegged! I'm crossing my fingers hoping that they become canon because I enjoy them so much!
10/20/2015 c1 Bookwyrm52
Love this! Hadn't thought of all those two have in common, but you present it well. Plus the idea of the crowd you listed hanging out together. I'm grinning at the possibilities.
9/10/2015 c1 40captainhookcaptainfreedom
Wooden Flower is such a good name for it! oh my god, I adore the idea of August and Lily as a couple and I loved this little friendship on the verge of maybe couple potential meeting ficlet! It's the first I've found of them and it makes me really happen because as soon as Lily came on the show I started thinking about who I wanted to ship her with and it was August. I would love to see more of this if you chose to write more!
8/13/2015 c1 3MissKPewters
I need more of this ship! August/Lily would be amazing!
8/9/2015 c1 Guest
i love it
8/4/2015 c1 8D.N.S Akina
Wooden flower because it's like sweet.
7/4/2015 c1 5Nath8
I truly enjoyed reading this story. The way you wrote August thoughts was really interesting.

I like the idea of August and Lily. They both have so much in common, and either a friendship or a romance would be great to see happening.

I hope they'll have some interaction this new season.
7/4/2015 c1 Flaye's
I truly enjoyed your story and I'm glad I'm not the only one who think August and Lily could be a ship :)
Good work !
-F
PS:I'm French so sorry if I made some mistakes in this review ;)
7/3/2015 c1 July
Ohhh... There, I'm shipping it. I'm sold! XD
6/28/2015 c1 66bsloths
I never even considered these two having a conversation, let alone striking up a friendship (and possibly more)! This was so, so good. I loved seeing characters we haven't heard from in a while and this could very easily slide right into canon-I don't think the writers would even think of this storyline either, so thank you. It was also nice to get a glimpse into August's head because he went through so much in 4B and then came back for one line in the finale.
6/25/2015 c1 33Willofthewisp
I like your first paragraph. I have a hard time with August, but I do feel for him with how you describe the disjointedness of constantly changing ages and not remembering. What a weird and bittersweet situation for Geppetto! He had a kid, was separated from him, lost him, got the little boy he wanted to raise all over again, and now he's a grown man again. Nice use of a Mae West quote!

OH WOW, how you describe turning into wood. This is something I don't think the show took full advantage of. Particularly powerful is how you have the lungs stop functioning as everything hardens. I can feel that!

This is interesting you reintroduce the idea of Wooden Swan. We aren't really sure or were given many hints as to how August felt about Emma, other than thinking her detrimentally stubborn. It's interesting that he entertained romantic thoughts while she seems very set on it always being a friendship. And in a really strange way, it sets up an August/Lily story perfectly.

"Young Frankenstein" lines! ROFL!

Lily in a female biker gang. This description is so funny and so spot-on!

Just for future reference, it's "compliment" in this context, and HCA spelled his last name Andersen. I've made that mistake, too.

And here we go...Lily's about to find out he's Pinocchio...and it's almost a spit-take! An intentional one! LOVE it!

Okay, the little details in this one-shot make it what it is. You've got August's coyness down, and his little shrug at her reaction, and how she says "seriously" like Emma does. Best "sorry dude" ever.

LOVE Lily's monologue about not lying to her! August is an open book to her! And she's genre savvy and knows exactly who she's talking to. August, don't bullshit her. You wanted to be a better person. Be an honest one.

Ooh, I didn't consider the family situation is another thing they have in common! I know you started out with that, but it serves another purpose besides jus setting up August's frame of mind. I was playing the Kevin Bacon game connecting them both back to Emma, but this is something they are both having a hard time with and maybe they can understand each other. This is actually a beautiful dynamic as he's still acting mysterious and trying to impress people with his eloquence and she just wants it blunt and tells it like it is.

I am so down for the Side Characters Anonymous meeting he's suggesting! Write this!

Love how the title plays in, love how they can help each other.

Desktop Mode . Twitter . Help . Sign Up . Cookies . Privacy . Terms of Service