for Another Begins

12/18/2020 c3 agustin
I noticed that i make yearly reviews to ask for you to continue the story, maybe 2020 becomes a slightly better year?
5/12/2020 c3 Guest
I’m way too into this. Please update!
9/22/2019 c1 9merry1995
Please continue with the story! It's really great and needs to be finished! I need to read how Kisuke 'Pokes the Bear-y' please!
6/3/2019 c1 Jeffrewh
please continue i love this :(
7/15/2018 c1 2J.G.Pliskin586
Please update. I ABSOLUTELY love this story and want to see more. A LOT more
4/20/2018 c3 Matemeo3
Damn, yet another great story no longer receiving updates. I liked the pacing and atmosphere in this. If for some reason you, the author, feel compelled to return to this story, please do so because I'm waiting!
1/20/2018 c2 TheWolf87
Good story but it's hard to get attached to it with the abuse Ichigo party lol
1/10/2018 c3 9merry1995
Hey! How it's going? You know it's that time of the year. Around this time last year you updated this brilliant story, so please would you update? You know a chapter per year is no that bad!
9/29/2017 c3 3BlueShard20
Keep it up! Things are starting to get good now! The old team from Claire's world are starting to come back together again!
7/14/2017 c3 Sepheros
Not to sound like a fan boy or anything but I am in love with this story! I am thoroughly enjoying the way you are adding depth to the characters along with simple and believable occurrences. Hope you decide to continue writing this masterpiece!
7/4/2017 c3 Sonofthehill
I'm loving this story and can't wait to see another chapter. Thanks for your hard work!
3/16/2017 c3 PinKrystal
i LOVE It! thank you for post this amazing story! please update. keep writing! im excited! keeps me awake in midnight, and read again and again for 3-4th times? thank you! id like to see more
3/7/2017 c3 John Therion
Few issues I felt that the story has. The abuse of Ichigo seems like you want to be playful but at this point everyone does it constantly and is always getting better of Ichigo so it doesn't seem playful just abusive at this point. No one ever gives him a break and everyone calls him an idiot and/or makes fun of his hobbies or whatever. Honestly, I find these people like something that Ichigo would want to get away from rather than spend time with them. Second Claire seems to be encroaching on some rather Mary Sue Ish elements. Always in control of the situation and always the dominant one in her relationship with Ichigo and others. The only thing that she doesn't handle well is her internal conversation with her emotions but that doesn't really show outside.
2/10/2017 c3 6SomethingAncient
Awesome chapter, thanks for writing it. I'm impressed at the quality and enjoyed reading it.

But I must ask: Why do we see Ichigo always antagonized? And why does it feel like bullying at times?

It's almost as if his friends live to tease/annoy him. And, this may just be the perspective you have chosen to focus on, but it makes me cringe to see Ichigo begrudgingly accept it so easily (technically an oxymoron, but it's true nonetheless). I get that he's fun to get a reaction out of: but to see him so down-played in nearly every battle of wit, and so often, just doesn't sit right with me. Why is he always shown to be on the losing side as far as the last word is concerned? Why does he never say: "That's enough guys." and his friends and family actually respect him enough to stop?

And, if this criticism seems odd, I'll tell you why I point this out. Ichigo is the core of their group: the reason they all stick together. You made loose mention of it yourself in this story, he's that important; but I have seen none of that silent leadership. In fact, I have seen very little of his real personality within the group interactions. I see neither his personal limits nor his sense of humor, which is dehumanizing. He clearly doesn't like being teased so often (and there's a point where I was sure his friends and family had crossed a line) but he does nothing to change it.

However, I do see his personality more in the one-on-one interactions. For example, in that scene where Ichigo asks Clair out on a date, I do start to see his preferences and what he likes and dislikes. He doesn't just go with the flow like he has so often in this story, he explains how he didn't like what Yuzu did and sets the record straight so he can do things his own way. Which is far more in-line with the character that made those decisions to do things his own way and save the world.

But here's the other thing, because his friends and family spend so much of their time teasing and fussing over Ichigo, I don't really know what they're like as individuals. I've learned more from the narrative about their personalities than from their dialogue.

It's one thing to point out the teasing while using it as a running joke of sorts; it's an entirely different thing to make the teasing a main focus in your story. It's lost its charm by now... or perhaps it's just the way it's done, rather than the focus itself.

This is all, of course, my opinion. Do with it what you will. However, please know this: it is disheartening to see the chapter end with the equivalent of 'next chapter, I'm going to antagonize Ichigo some more, and it ought to be more embarrassing if I bring his love interest into it'. I see it as disheartening because it's not just something funny, it has become a focal point in the story that detracts from the rest of the story. You write brilliant stories, this one especially, but the greater parts of the story seem to be overshadowed by the overuse (or perhaps misuse) of teasing.

Maybe instead of the group ganging up on Ichigo, they can all opportunistically go after each other in a conversation that shifts focus? If the discussion moves from person to person, each adding in a different perspective or changing the subject because they were reminded of something, then it feels more natural. If people gang up, maybe that's because they shared a particular experience, which gives insight into their character. It's just a suggestion.

I really look forward to the next chapter and hope to see more character and world building. You're very good at those things. Have a good week and God bless,
SomethingAncient