for As Above

7/9/2015 c1 Secret River Fan
I love this little kind of deleted scene. It's a nice character study, with Lin helping out with her bending. I think it kind of makes sense that Asami is the only one of the 'Krew' comfortable enough to call Lin by her given name - if she was a CEO, addressing older adults as equals would be routine for her. I also like how Lin might have niggling guilt of releasing Hiroshi from prison and thus making his death possible, even though she has nothing to blame herself for.

I think growing up never knowing who your father is is quite different from losing him to death when you're a young woman, but it's still very empathetic of Lin to reach out.
6/27/2015 c1 Thundercatroar
God, that was beautiful!

Lin's like freakin' Batman, she's what the city or people need her to be, and so unselfish. I have it in my head that Lin Beifong is just a softy inside I really appreciate this, and that you gave Lin so many layers to peel back, like Shreck's onion. :)

This deserves way more reviews than it has received, I know tons of people have probably uncovered this jewel, but hopefully more people will say something about it.

So, so good, and sweet, and meaningful!

Thank you!

'Roar
6/27/2015 c1 33avatarfanlin
Damn. I wanted to do a story about this topic and i always thought asami would hit her or fight her or something. this is so much better