for Impressions of Four Bad Parents

4/19/2017 c1 Inactivegoelsewhereplsthanks
Ooh! I like your style of writing! Definitely will be reading closely into the story!
4/18/2017 c2 Sonny April
Yay! Thank you for updating! I love this story and always look forward to you updating it.

This is indeed Sonny April. I had to post this as a guest review because I technically already reviewed this chapter when it was the Mrs. Gloop chapter.

The contrast of Doris, who is obsessed with 1950s culture, and her roommate, who is a super strong feminist, is a brilliant one.

When it was revealed that the guy at the computer was Norman Teavee, my entire face lit up, I don't know why. I guess I just finally saw the pieces all falling together at that moment.

And on a random little note, I believe those 1950s horror films are called "B movies" because, in a double feature, there would be the "A movie", which was the movie people really wanted to see, then there was the "B movie", which could have varied in quality, and those campy horror movies tended to be the latter, not necessarily because they would be given a B grade.

I'm glad you included those tiny details that everyone can relate to, like the smiley "Have a Nice Day" bag for the Chinese food.

And Doris's dad calls her Dodo? Ha ha! I get it ;)

Nice little reference to Marble Falls as well.

Wonderful job on the Christmas scene. Despite it being April, you completely transported me back to that warm, cozy feeling of December.

And I liked Doris and Norman's wedding as well. It was the perfect imperfect wedding. Once again, amazing work! Can't wait for the next update.
4/18/2017 c2 17xxJillian-Elizabethxx
Welcome back Ally - I'm glad that after the incessant complaining in the group chat you still enjoyed the show!
Splendid writing!
- Jillian xx
9/19/2015 c2 vnicole22
so good! I wish you wrote more for Catcf!:)
9/19/2015 c2 17suburbantimewaster
That was an interesting take on Mrs. Gloop. I'll admit, I always found the Gloops dull, but you really brought Mrs. Gloop to life in a way that even I can enjoy. I really felt for her when those girls were picking on her. The sad thing is, this behavior got worse today. Especially for women.
9/18/2015 c2 8Sonny April
Thank you for clearing up my questions, and the chapter was great, as expected. I love the call back to Augustus's original name, Augustus Pottle.
8/19/2015 c1 17xxJillian-Elizabethxx
Disclaimer: This may be a tad long, sorry.
First off, I've wanted to write something like this but I could only ever think of a past for Mrs. Yea we (and kinda for Mr. Salt) but always thought they were so far fetched people would hate them. So I just never got around to doing it.
Okay, Love love love this story! Will the entire thing be musical-based, cuz that's my fave adaption. Ugh Doris is my fave too (queen)! I love how you present the backstory, but without it being like "before she was a neurotic drunk she was a human" you actually make them seem like real people and like I'm reading a story about them, not a fanfictions about adults who are parents to the main characters. Idk if that makes sense. I just like how it's written is all haha.
I can't wait to read what all the other parents were like!
(Also, are you just doing the factory parents, or both for each kid?)
Omg this WAS long. SORRY!
-Jillian
8/8/2015 c1 irock04567
Great! I love it even more because the show was one of the reasons I was named Lucy, haha _
7/19/2015 c1 8Sonny April
So far, this is great! My favorite character from the musical is also Mrs. Teavee, but I'm a little but confused. Are you doing the parents from the 2005 movie or the musical? Because Mr. Teavee was the one that got the focus in the movie. Or are you doing both parents for each child? Like I said, it's really good so far, but I would like to have this clarification.
7/7/2015 c1 aintevenbovvered
Omg I can't believe someone actually did this! Thank you so much for writing this and please continue!
7/5/2015 c1 17suburbantimewaster
I like how you went into detail about Doris's life. I knew Mike Teavee couldn't have been born a psychopath and I like that you're taking that into account. Ending it on Doris watching I Love Lucy was a nice touch.
7/3/2015 c1 12Turrislucidus
If I may say so, the TV episode you've chosen to illustrate your point is inspired.
7/2/2015 c1 10DamnYouPeopleWithCoolUserNames
Sweet! I never thought of that kind of thing...the parents, i mean.
Nice!
7/1/2015 c1 Ur homegirl Lara
You know I'm not as avid of a fan of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory as you are, but I really liked this. I especially loved the aesthetic of it. Like it was perfect. I also loved the imagery. I could picture everything. The UFO was vaguely like WOW Outlets in my head. You know what I'm talking about haha. And the symbolism with Mike like you told me, it's a nice touch. Good job :-)
7/1/2015 c1 Guest
This is phenomenal! I can't wait for more of this and your other stories!
17 Page 1 2 Next »