for Melting Fire

10/21 c1 2amanon
eajrvmwjco,; this is too cute
8/24 c1 1Mistress Charon
What a bittersweet little story. It was beautifully written and you had the character's emotions and motivations well done. I think Toph was just the best in this piece, how she managed to figure out Zuko was scratched by Katara is pretty Toph-like, and her sadness at feeling Zuko's scar made me sad, too. Thanks for writing, I really enjoyed it. :)
7/26 c1 Marvelqueen13
Perfect!
6/29 c1 8DropTheBasil
I love this! I love how you wrote the friendship between Zuko and Toph. Hakoda being a dad was great as well! Ahh so many good moments in this fic with his the right amount of angst. I love fics where Zuko reveals how he got the scar and this was done perfectly!
1/14 c1 Storybored
AWWWWWWWWWWWW
1/14 c1 20Lennox13
Toph and Zuko scene - ugh, my heart! Cuteness overload! And the whole agro Katara - very reasonable. She is a bit of a... Nutcase? Sometimes. She's very extreme I think, feeling everything very acutely. And she's also very protective, so coupled with the feeling of betrayal from crossroads of destiny, yeah, I can imagine this as her reaction. Really well written and developed. I enjoyed it.
11/28/2019 c1 ae2000x
oh I am intrigued! lovong this, lots of angst and resolution. good, good.
12/9/2018 c1 45Dante 101
This came out as well-balanced, with the right amounts of tension and emotion.
9/26/2018 c1 Guest
I love it!
7/20/2018 c1 8Sehkmet
Zuko's tragic backstory comes out surprisingly smoothly in this story. it's not overly dramatic and has the right mix of tension and emotion. very well done
1/25/2018 c1 3juniper294
This was a really good read! I liked how the fic became emotional quickly without ever going overboard. thank you for sharing.
9/5/2017 c1 2Karlina101
Thank you for giving an actual realistic version of him talking about it. I've read too many where he just kind of blurts it out and I can't help but cringe. I think they should have worked a little harder for it, but this is the best version I've seen so far. So thank you.
5/23/2016 c1 12creativesm75
nice
7/23/2015 c1 19InsanityIsClarity
YES! Finally a good Zuko/Katara friendship story that doesn't have romance! Finally a good story that explains to the Gaang how Zuko got his scar without having him seem out of character! WELL DONE, GREAT JOB!
7/18/2015 c1 2Totally Spazz-tastic
That was seriously fantastic. You set up the characters perfectly, and your Zuko is fully in character throughout the whole thing. So many "Zuko storytime at the WAT" stories have him much too talkative, or much too emotional. Zuko cries only 4 times in the series (right before receiving the scar, Bitter Work on the mountaintop, "Mom's alive"on Day of BlackSun, & reunion with Iroh), and those who have him crying the whole thing don't seem to get him at all.

I like the defensive snapping from him-that's such an in character response! And instead of reiterating Iroh's version of events from the Storm, you had him tell a minimalist, emotionless account. I couldn't have done any better myself!

Two thumbs way way up!