FanFiction.Net
for The Windy Willows Love Letters

5/26/2021 c12 BirdieKitKat
I LOVE this explanation for Gilbert taking over the Anne-girl nickname. I never thought it made much sense that he borrowed it off Aunt Jo, which is the reason I see given most. And your writing, as always, is such a joy to read. Thank you!
1/5/2021 c3 Guest
Thankyou for this! It's everything I felt like I was missing reading Windy Poplars. I need more Gilbert replies and love letters :)
8/20/2020 c8 Guest
I loved "Anne series" as a young girl, but "Anne of Windy Poplars" was somewhat disappointing to me. I remember feeling emptiness due to the fact that Gilbert Blythe is rarely mentioned and one can hardly feel that Anne is truly "scandalously in love" with him.
These letters are beautifully written. they maintain the general style and tone of "Anne of Windy Poplars" and at the same time they are far more daring and satisfying for the reader.
I found myself thinking of these letters as if they where the actual correspondence between Anne and Gilbert, the love letters that I had been dying to read as a young girl. In my imagination I have substituted "Anne of Windy Poplars" with these breathtaking pieces of prose and now am completely content and happy with the series.
So thank you , thank you, THANK YOU for writing them, and please do not stop. You have made my little childhood dream come true.
p.s. Sorry for posting this twice, I had a little mishap
p.p.s. excuse my mistakes I am not a native speaker
8/20/2020 c8 Guest
6/5/2020 c12 BHB168
Loved this! Well written, fits so well with the books and gives us more insight to Anne & Gil's relationship. I always wanted more than the …! I wanted to know what would be said with the "right pen" and while I could imagine, it was not as good as this.
12/13/2018 c3 8LEPrecon elf holly short
I love the last line of the chapter!
"if I can't have you, Chinook-girl, send me the wind."
You have a very distinct style that really reminds me of Maud's own. Can't be exactly the same, of course, nothing can replicate her. But still beautiful.
7/28/2018 c12 Jxuan
Honestly didn't think I would read this. You have been in my list of favourites after I chanced upon another story but the letters series just didn't appeal to me. Windy willows was my least favourite book, not only because of the lack of mention of Gilbert, but also because of the style it took. I just disliked it after a couple of pages - it bored me out reading those letters and I felt like I had to keep going back to reference the dates and timelines to get the hang of the story.
Anyway, whilst waiting for another Anne story to be updated and after re-reading some others, I was looking around for something new and back here I was. And I finally took the plunge and started with redmond diaries year 4. I skipped years 1 to 3 because...oh well I just wanted to skip all that heartbreak and start with something happy, which is to read about them together. And I was somewhat hooked. So this became the next read. Oh I guess at some point I will visit years 1 to 3 but for now, this captured my attention.
I love this. Never thought I would but I do. The questions asked and answered especially, filled in the gaps missing in the original. And reading these letters were so much better than reading the original. Seriously. Although I did come across more than a number of words that made me check its meaning (and I learnt some new big words I've never seen before!). Nevertheless I enjoyed reading these letters so much. I could almost picture the scenes as I read. Thank you for the lovely writes! Oh and thank you for the headstart as to how long the stories will be. Although these are already done and posted, I am one of those that love to know how far along I'm reading while a story is being updated. :)
6/10/2018 c9 wow
oh my gosh, this chapter made me cry. How beautiful.
6/3/2018 c1 wow
The bit about Charlie made me shriek with laughter. Looking forward to savouring this story for as long as possible!
9/28/2017 c1 9catethewritergirl
I know this is an old story, so you're probably surprised to find a review on it but I just wanted to let you know how much this story has meant to me. I'm currently in a long distance relationship, myself in Europe whereas my boyfriend is back home in the US, our situation is temporary as we both work to achieve our dreams (mine of working in foreign affairs, his to become a doctor). But when I first left we had not been together long at all. We'd been close friends for nearly two years, but you know sometimes it takes a long time to realize you're in love with someone (like Gilbert here, he figured it out way before I did). And these months apart have been hard, even in the age of social media and Skype, it's difficult to maintain a strong relationship without ever physically being with the person. But this story... it's so beautiful, so true to LM's lanaguage, and so true to the emotions. You've captured learning to how to love someone from miles away beautifully. I've re read it many times over the last 6 months and I imagine I'll read it many more in the future. Thank you.
6/21/2017 c12 AnneNGil
I have simply adored these letters! They are exactly what I've been wanting to read. Thank you a zillion times over ! I am excited to keep reading. :-)
6/21/2017 c10 AnneNGil
These love letters are really really beautiful! They are real love letters! And I love the back story they tell.
6/21/2017 c9 AnneNGil
Oooo... This is so sweet! Beautiful imagery.
6/21/2017 c8 AnneNGil
This is one of the best letters I've ever read! It is so real. I love that you've captured these thoughts so eloquently. He is a poet! ... And mow I can't wait to read Anne's response!
6/19/2017 c6 AnneNGil
I am loving these! It's so great to see these two in love!
145 Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »