for The Windy Willows Love Letters

7/21/2015 c1 Astrakelly
Well done, nice to see something new from you and I look forward to your next chapter
7/21/2015 c1 Edkchestnut
Well, Katherine, I am so glad to see you are writing again. I hope you are having a good summer and this was just wonderful. I really enjoyed the glimpse into Gilbert's actually giving Anne the ring as that is one of the scenes that I have often played out in my imagination. Also, the fact that it came from his mother was good because we don't have to worry about how he paid for it and it allows Anne to feel accepted which is something I have always felt that she would have needed, badly, considering her terrible beginnings. So far, I am really enjoying this and hope you can keep it up. So sorry to hear about Charlie and Pandora, however I love the fact that she didn't even know she was being courted, that was fantastic and really fit with what we know of his character. I also appreciate how Gilbert seemed a little jealous about Charlie and Anne's very casual question about Christine. You know it's just killing her. Great job and keep it up.
7/21/2015 c1 21hecalledmecarrots
My Dearest Katherine with a K,
You almost make a girl want to give up on her own ambitions of letter writing between the two lovers! Yours is perfectly elegant and although frustratingly there are many dots in Anne's writings I never thought to attempt her contemplations and whispers to Gil.
That being said, I'm glad Gilbert's silence and gaps in Anne's letters didn't only frustrate me!
The good news is there is plenty of scope for the imagination in the original writings which means there is more then one way to develop this relationship.
Thank you and know I am reading with intrigue between the two
love from
hecalledmecarrots
7/20/2015 c1 Guest
So. Excited.

Got a email heads up "your homegirl started her new story!" and no joke I squealed in happy surprise like a little piggy. (my poor neighbors)

How do I love thee? Let me count the ways:

So Gilbert, and Anne, and Katherine are all struggling to find their voices in this brave new world of open affection. How honest that felt!

lol lol loooooooool survived two years of Sloane.

That Kingsport was a place of romance because maybe he'd see Anne; her presence still charged even during their separation.

Unsure Gilbert: his ring, is he in her thoughts, yes, he imagined picking her ring? How far our swaggeringly confident "wink-at-a-strange-girl" boy has come to bravely share his fears with Anne? How much he's had to hide in 12 years!

The poetry of that last line...and OH, the pressure of writing a love letter to ANNE SHIRLEY! No doubt that's an intimidating task. Second only to kwak's own writing love letters AS Anne Shirley, I'm sure!

Gilbert remembering so well the last room he helped make a home for Anne...bloody nose and all.

Coming right into Maud's omitted pages: childhood dream fulfilled!

Anne so eager to write she composes the next before the last even hits the mail. Of course she does!

All ALL the details of her ring: family heirloom! His gift made it real. Beautiful boy: we need more photographs. No wonder you weren't yourself at the Wright wedding.

As shameless as Diana about it!

Fifteen pearls!

DAT CUSHION DOE.

Mrs. (future!) Blythe! Pardon me, Aunt Chatty's grandmother, but I've never seen a more romantic sign-off.

#squeeeeeeeee

This is my first review composed on the App. I hope it worked! Thank you for welcoming us back, my

- EllaOfDale

P.S. Because everyone likes them:

Girl, I've been trying to post this review for an hour. Apologies if it double-triple-quadruple posted. But so much worse if it had never posted at all! My struggles with the machines continue...
7/20/2015 c1 EllaOfDale
So. Excited.

How do I love thee? Let me count the ways:

lol lol loooooooool survived two years of Sloane.

Coming right into Maud's omitted pages: childhood dream fulfilled!

As shameless as Diana about it!

Fifteen pearls!

DAT CUSHION DOE.

#squeeeeeeeee

- EllaOfDale
7/20/2015 c1 Bright Promise 2
Yes! Love it! Stilted is OK. Anne and Gil would still be getting used to the newness of being betrothed after all they had been through. Thank you xo
7/20/2015 c1 7Formerly known as J
My dearest k-with-a-k! Could you hear my squeals of delight from there when I saw this had been posted? I feel that they must have been heard reverberating around the globe, since I am absolutely beside myself with excitement at these letters beginning. Thanks ever so for the dedication, too, love. I hope my encouragement remains trippy enough for you. :)

Good grief, have I told you before how in love I am with your Gilbert Blythe? You have him just perfect. He is so adorable with his awkward opening letter (even if he says he has the right sort of pen?) and yet still managing to be hilarious: asking if Mrs Lynde was looking for him behind the topiary, hoping that MacDonald the younger will acquire hair to the nose and ears in his old age and his classmates thinking his name might be Cooper. Not to mention boasting of his two years co-habitation achievement with the remarkable Mr Sloane - who surely hasn't misinterpreted 'his' Pandora's feelings? Say it ain't so! And 'the chaperone'?! Hahaha! I laughed hard at that one - kwak comedy gold once again. I also laughed about Gilbert's tree with Moody's haircut and 'you're rather fond of beeches, aren't you?' Does he know how much she loves them? ;)

So many important details just peppered throughout these letters in your usual effortless manner: I never suspected that Gilbert was left handed; Gilbert being invited to all the dinners with the Heads of Department; collars, ties and belts off - yowsers; the photographs Anne has of Gilbert ('you don't look like you at Diana's wedding' - ouch!); Rebecca Dew checking out his letters; and who doesn't love a P.S.? My favourite line, with the promise of good things to come: 'I can keep up with the current if you can' - just gorgeous.

Of course I loved all that talk about the ring, especially Anne caressing and admiring it a thousand times a day, and I just loved that it was Gilbert's grandmother's. I have often wondered where he'd come up with the cash for a pearl ring (I suspect circlets of pearls weren't cheap in those days either) when there is so much poor struggling student story going on all around. Now I realise that of course he didn't have to - and the Blythe family marriage advice is now delivered - hooray! More gold. And of course he would have wanted to give her a green ring. He is an absolute darling.

I especially enjoyed Anne's questions about Miss Stuart. I would like to know if she still intends to marry, too, Anne...
7/20/2015 c1 13Lilies of Avonlea
I've missed your writing so much! I smiled a lot during this chapter and I think that smile may be stuck there for a good long while. That part about Rebecca Dew for instance, I had to stop for a minute to focus again to finish lest I continue to reread and react to, "Your letter was just now delivered by the highly observant Rebecca Dew, who not only discovered me in my secret (no longer!) dappled grove, but deduced that you are left handed.I can well imagine her holding my mail up to a good strong light before passing it on to me. Don't laugh, Gilbert, but perhaps you should get into the habit of putting your letters inside two envelopes!" I wouldn't be surprised if he ever decided to actually put his letters in two envelopes.

I absolutely love the last sentence in Gilbert's letter, "I should go to bed, but don't ever think that because my reply is shorter I have less to say." That line is just so cute and lovely and perfect. I could go on and on with adjectives to describe that sentence.

Thank you for brightening my day.
7/20/2015 c1 7DianaStorm09
Yeah, happy dance at my end- you're back. the world is good again :)
Seriously though, I love how you started off this new fic of yours, these letters are like a breath of fresh air, Gilbert's and Anne's voices ring so true and clear in these letters. The romantic in me particularly loves the little background story around the engagement ring. And of course you made me laugh, as you always do. Rebecca Drew holding the letter against the light to try and see what Gilbert may have written to his fiancée- oh this story will be so much fun!
7/20/2015 c1 27librarylexicon
Oooh! I'm looking forwards to this!
145 « Prev Page 1 .. 7 8 9 10