FanFiction.Net
for The Windy Willows Love Letters

8/29/2015 c7 Edkchestnut
Oh, no you took away Christmas. I have not read this book as often as the others but I thought the only time they were not together during break was that one summer when they only saw each other for a week. I'll have to look. I was so looking forward to their time together, too, at least hearing about it. I hope you don't pull a trick like that during any other breaks. Oh, well. This was still very enjoyable and I really like hearing all of the little historical details. Great work!
8/29/2015 c8 19Alinyaalethia
I've not said yet him much I like this Fox. He sounds almost sensible by spells, and when he isn't he's a good compliment to Gilbert. This chapter felt full of things unsaid as much as those punned gown and articulated. I did like the recall of those road games, clearly these two have long had form for playing them. I loved the ice inside the glass, the roaring fire, the right way to stack wood, there is too much to list. Another exhilarating read.
8/29/2015 c6 Edkchestnut
Wow, I would love to hear Anne tell him about the copper bath, too. Also, the fact that she will never answer to Annie kills me since Aunt Mary Maria has a future penchant for calling people by names they hate, just like when she calls Jem "James." Poor Anne really has no idea about that part of her future. I am glad to see you answering so many questions that these two must have had for each other after their years at Redmond, thank-you for not just sweeping that under the rug. I am really enjoying this binge read and look forward to another chapter.
8/29/2015 c5 Edkchestnut
Well, once again I am amazed at the research you put in and, as a reader, I very much appreciate it and still wish I had your stories in a hard copy. Thank-you for more insight into Gilbert's family. I always wondered if Gilbert knew anything about John and Marilla, the books never say. Great job!
8/29/2015 c4 Edkchestnut
Yay, Katherine, I am so glad that you are back and doing better. I hope that you relaxed and had a good summer despite your injury. I got up this morning to discover several new chapters and was suitably thrilled. Then, I read this and was ecstatic. You certainly haven't lost your feel for these characters in your absence. I am going to have to review chapters 3 and 4, here, since the site says I have already reviewed chapter 3. No, Priss' missionary is never given a name and I am fairly confident it is only ever mentioned once, though I am glad that you are putting them into this story. I am also glad to see Gilbert mention Christine and I think Anne should go to the party with him just so she can make sure Christine is really going to be out of the picture. I really loved the insight into Gilbert's childhood with his father and would like to hear more about Anne and his parents. Thanks for letting Gilbert finally be given the scarf, that was perfect. Any joke at Charlie's expense makes me happy and I love that Rachel still has not been given an answer, that is so Anne. Great job. So glad you are back!
8/29/2015 c7 Alinyaalethia
I did like this. We still get cold like that, minus the iceboats. And it flowed very easily, so that Maud isn't at all easily discernible. Of course Gilbert would try to make Anne laugh over it, but you know, what I loved best was the way we saw those two waiting, and writing, and the frustration that is bring pent up somewhere unwillingly. How right you got it, how lovely those letters were.
8/29/2015 c6 Alinyaalethia
Look, if you don't write Iona's story, or if Anne does and I can't see it, I shall write it :) I so love seeing her brimming over with a story, and I want to see those gaps in Gilbert's past filled in. I know that's not what you're writing, but you've well and truly piqued my interest, and I do feel that in telling Anne about that past there are ways in which he is giving it to her to share, saying 'here is an alternative to Yesterday.' As ever I love Anne's honesty, but that last letter of Gilbert's -marvellous! And only you would think of it.
8/29/2015 c5 Alinyaalethia
Yes, I can believe that quote about Harrid. I am thinking of Iona, the Ross of Mull, and John O'Groats, listening to the wind whistling here and I can believe it. I especially loved Gilbert being meant to seek out unknowns, and not being able to put Anne into I appreciated the history you wove in (and much credit to you for takingbthevtroyboe to research it) should by now go without saying.
8/29/2015 c4 Alinyaalethia
This will have to do for the previous chapter as well as this one. I had forgotten I wasn't allowed to review twice. In the first place, it is good to have you back. In the second, I want to know how you capture my country so perfectly. You do, you know. Like all the best Canadisn literature (of which there is not enough) you understand that to make it work the landscape must live and breathe, be as vital as the characters. Gilbert's letters, especially about his past, realise this beautifully, do thank you.

The idea of Anne knowing little Elizabeth in Yesterday gave me gooseflesh. But it's do apt, she must see so much of her younger self in Little Elizabeth. And her honesty with Gil was gorgeous. So much to like here, and now off to immerse myself in more of your letters.
8/29/2015 c3 bunnybee
Are my eyes deceiving me or are there truly ten new chapters awaiting me?! Even out of commission you continue to amaze me, katherine-with-a-k. Can't wait to dive in! And welcome back!
8/29/2015 c3 Guest
Oh my gosh! I was elated when I saw you updated. Then I saw you had 12 chapters up and my heart leapt for joy and my feet did a little dance. THEN I read your ch 3 intro and discovered you are continuing year 2 and 3 ! Well I nearly fainted from happiness. I am so overjoyed and appreciative that you are continuing on with their story that I had to write you this long overdue note. Thank you so much writing these stories. Your behind the scenes are completely fresh, modern and original and adds so much to the canon. I can't think of the original stories without also thinking about your details. You are an excellent writer. Please keep up the wonderful work. You have no idea how much I look forward to your updates. Thank you thank thank you.
xo vi
8/28/2015 c12 Bright Promise 2
Oh, welcome back, my friend! So pleased to hear your hand is healing nicely. The 10 chapters you've posted have compensated for your absence. Brilliantly written, so open, frank and speaks so much of Gil and Anne as individuals and as a couple. Keep it up and many thanks xx
PS. Only once you mentioned Windy Poplars in the address line of Anne's letters.
8/28/2015 c4 5rebeccathehistorian
I absolutely LOVED Anne's letter to Gil. Oh my gosh, that day she went into Gil's room … AAAHHH! And the fact that she signed it as Chinook-girl. I just stared at it for a moment for I became extremely happy.

I have to say that I was surprised that Anne was going to talk about Roy in this letter. Although, Gil did mention Christine in his last letter so it does make sense. ...
8/28/2015 c3 rebeccathehistorian
YOU'RE BACK! Welcome back!

This was a wonderful chapter! Thank you!

Did you get the idea of Gil joining the rowing team from Green Gables Fables (GGF)? Because in GGF, Gil's on the hockey and rowing teams.

I love the fact that you included about his time in Alberta because we never, ever get that. And I especially love that John Blythe calls Anne Chinook-girl … because she really is that for him.

I think my favorite part of this story (besides the Alberta stuff) was the fact that Gil despises the Pringles so much, he wants to throw the slop trough of 116 first years at them.
8/28/2015 c12 Guest
More, more, more, please! I'm at the edge of my seat, wanting to know what happens next! :)
145 « Prev Page 1 .. 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 .. Last Next »