FanFiction.Net
for The Windy Willows Love Letters

8/28/2015 c3 7DianaStorm09
Yay, so glad you're back! So glad you're healed and well enough to type out a whole bunch of new chapters! I'll devour them all tonight since I know I won't be able to sleep before I'm fully caught up.

And no, I think Priscilla's handsome missionary remained nameless for all I remember in LMM's works.
8/12/2015 c2 5rebeccathehistorian
This was wonderful!

So I'm a little bit confused: Is Ada Corke part of this year's group of first-year nursing students? I know that Gil is comparing those nursing students to her, but I'm just slightly confused whether Ada herself is there in Kingsport or not.

You know, I never thought of Gil being left-handed (truthfully, I always thought he was right because that's just really common) but it makes sense - especially in this universe that you've created. And especially after I read Gil mentioning that left-handedness isn't encouraged (which it wasn't at the time) along with fiery tempers and lucid imaginations. So I guess in that sense they both have something that isn't encouraged which makes their companionship/coupling/whatever-you-want-to-call-it make even more sense than it does in cannon!

"I have strong memories of my great uncle David …": Ah, Dr. Dave. :D I can totally see this happening. Actually, all I'm thinking here is "Here we go. The medical arguments begin. :)"

On that note, I have a scene/scenario in my head based on those two paragraphs: if Dr. Dave manages to live to about 1899 or 1900 or so, I'm imagining Dr. Dave visiting Ingleside for some reason right around the age that Jem is starting school and he sees Jem doing homework at the dining table - except, *Jem is writing with his left hand.* And Dr. Dave goes to Gil and Anne and strongly instructs them to bind Jem's left hand up so he'll come to rely on his right. And Gil's response is "Absolutely not. He's left-handed and he will write with his left hand. I will not subject him to the same treatment that you tried to subject to me."

By the way, my favorite line in this chapter is "Enter Mr. Phillips, the new Avonlea schoolmaster and eternal idiot." Oh my God, that cracked me up laughing. This is why I love Gil. katherine-with-a-k, this sentence is pure gold. You know, we get an implied understanding from cannon how horrible a teacher Mr. Phillips is but that paragraph, and that sentence especially, paints a vivid picture of how horrible, awful, and what a despicable teacher he was.

That sounds so much like Anne about not wanting to talk about the past; of course she wouldn't since it was so horrible!

Anne's starting to matchmake! Yay! I knew it had to start somewhere!

My second favorite lines in this chapter are from Anne's letter: "Thoughtful when I pegged you thoughtless, persistent when I wished you complacent, in love with me when you were meant to be in love with someone else. And let me tell how stupidly happy I am to have all my expectations come to nothing."

Once again, thank you so much for writing this. It was lovely to read!
8/12/2015 c1 rebeccathehistorian
AHHH! IT'S HERE! Thank you, thank you, thank you katherine-with-a-k for starting The Windy Willows Love Letters. It's starting out absolutely wonderfully! I love it!

One of the things I'm wondering is if Mr. Edvard Rasmussen is an immigrant himself. I'm just thinking he might be from a Scandinavian country with a first name like Edvard, but I guess also possibly not.

Oh gosh, I feel bad for Charlie. The poor Pandora didn't even know he was courting her?! Oh gosh, what a thought. … And honestly, it feels like something that would only happen to Charlie.

Also, I wanted to let you know that the sentence "It wouldn't surprise me if my classmates thought my name was Cooper" made me laugh. Good ol' Gil.

I can't wait to read the next chapter!
8/2/2015 c3 11fiveby10eighty3
Awwww I hope her hand gets better! :(

Will look forward to the day that she can post again. Meanwhile she should rest and take it easy!
8/1/2015 c3 4Bertha Willis
Hope you're resting and recovering. We'll all be here when you get back. Maybe I'll try to finish something up to entertain you while you're on the mend ...
7/31/2015 c3 13Lilies of Avonlea
Oh no! I hope you're okay. If you aren't feeling okay the best I can do is a virtual hug x.

Wish I could do more.
7/30/2015 c3 2KatherineBrooke
So sorry to hear you're hurt! Don't worry about us, just get yourself better. The writing can wait, just let your imagination run wild for a spell (and then write it all down later ;)) Best wishes to you for a speedy recovery!
7/30/2015 c3 19Alinyaalethia
You haven't let anyone down, there are mitigating circumstances! Of course your hand must get better before you can update or type anything. Hope there are things to smooth over the recovery. Shall be thinking of you and waiting patiently.
7/29/2015 c3 EllaOfDale
Ouch! Take good care of YOU, friend! Your Anne Girls and Boys are loyal enough to stick around while you're on Injured Reserve! 3
7/29/2015 c2 PelirrojaBiu
So sorry for the late review (went exploring the lovely Copenhagen), and even sorrier to find out about your hand (hmmm, maybe focusing on hands, right and left, in first two chapters of the story was a sort of prophecy? Sorry, I've been re-reading Rilla lately and there is so much spiritual stuff there...) I hope you are not in much pain and have a fast recovery!

Anyway, this chapter was delicious! If Anne gets so worked up in the second chapter I can't wait (and neither can Gilbert) to read the twelfth one, haha. I love love love how different each point of view and the writing style is.

Gil had some killer lines here: apart form the "hands on" approach I loved the one about Mr Rasmussen and him loving his "flaming red mop - which makes a change". Cheeky! Same with "fiery tempers and lucid imaginations". When he mentions their school times and how Anne's dreams and ambitions woke up his own (I'm sure Anne would say the same about him) I remembered that moment from RD when they are sitting under the tree, making flower wreaths and talking about their future careers. Lovely! And how he emphasizes having just one envelope, ergo the possibility that Rebecca Dew might read it by the light, ergo a "weird" way to end the letter.

As always you're tying the loose ends in LMM's story: Gil's moustache when he returns for Christmas the second year, Priscilla's missionary... Perfect!

Anne's letter is a class in its own.

Please get better soon!
7/29/2015 c3 LizDexic
A third chapter! Too good to be true! And it was... Happy Healing Kwak and may your time down be full of food for the imagination.

As there is no new chapter to read, I shall review chapter two, as had committed the FF sin of reading and not reviewing;

Love that in their flirty moments they are Miss Shirley & Mr. Blythe... very cute.
Gilbert's reflections on the prevalence of facial hair amongst fellow students is a little for shadowing of the moustachioed Gilbert of AWP Y2 Chap 6. Clever addition!
I also loved the inclusion of Miss Stacey's letter. She was so influential in Gilbert & Anne's formative years and one wonders if she observed even at that young age that they 'were made and meant for each other'.
Anne Shirley! You giant tease. If that letter wasn't push-up inducing for Gilbert, I'm not sure what would be.
The sly little hint of Anne's that 'he was still in love with her when he was meant to be in love with someone else', was a gentle nudge perhaps that she has had a satisfactory answer to her inquiry about Christine?
I think you have written Anne perfectly at this stage that she is so caught up in being in love that she can't be vulnerable enough to share with Gilbert any of her past/doubts/shames and insecurities. But she will eventually and there are 3 long years of engagement and many letters in which to do so.
*applause*
7/29/2015 c3 bunnybee
Oh no! Sending all the healing thoughts your way, k with a k! I will miss your updates but hope you get better soon!
7/29/2015 c3 Edkchestnut
Oh no, so sorry to hear Katherine is hurt. Hope she gets better soon. Take good care of her and tell her she'll be missed.
7/29/2015 c3 Astrakelly
Ouch! Hope she/you feel better soon
7/29/2015 c3 sonckad
I am so sorry to hear about Katherine's hand and thanks for letting us know, dear Boy with a sad girl. Hope it heals soon :)
145 « Prev Page 1 .. 4 5 6 7 8 9 .. Last Next »