for Monster

11/9/2018 c1 1something-that-exists
I love this. This is amazing. This deserves more attention and more readers. This needs more attention and more readers.
12/20/2015 c1 8EmPro8
Poor Azula. All she wanted was her mother's approval, and was willing to become a monster to do so. We saw a whole new light of her in the last episode, when she started to crack.
She's evil, sadistic, creepy, and will get along with Bill Cipher...
But you can't help but feel sorry for her. : /
9/28/2015 c1 Guest
ow...
9/15/2015 c1 5x.xlovelygirl
In my opinion you got Azula's point of view just right. One of the causes (not the only one in my opinion but the most important) of she going mad is her mothers love (or the lack of it) as we can see in the few last episodes of the series and the graphic novel 'The Search'. I love the way you can get into the characters mind and write their point of view.
7/23/2015 c1 13Passionworks
Despite its simplicity, this piece explains so much as to what truly seeded Princess Azula's nihilism and stoicism toward feelings and emotion. We all like to consider Ursa a good person with good intentions (she's portrayed that way in both the show and the comics, despite the unsettling fact that just seeing her children grow up from afar is a reason to give them up in both mind and body), but she really isn't. She knew she was hurting Azula by uttering ill words of her; she knew she was hurting her when she openly shielded Zuko from Ozai but allowed Azula to be tempted and turned by his hunger for power. She is not a perfect mother by any means, and anyone who still clings to the soft image in Zuko's head as the canonical woman who was banished is a fool. Ursa committed her sins, and her backstory before, during, and even after her banishment justifies that. What we see in the final comic in 'The Search' is a mother happy to be reunited with her favorite child whilst unconcerned for the whereabouts and mental stability of her scorned child. The fragility of the monster she herself molded.

You did really good with this. The style is somewhat too straightforward for me, but it didn't overwhelm me and I ended up feeling satisfied with what I read here.

Well done!

-Passionworks
7/22/2015 c1 1mrssparklypinklips
great job! i can imagine this going through azula's mind

Desktop Mode . Twitter . Help . Sign Up . Cookies . Privacy . Terms of Service