for Nephilim Witch

12/14/2021 c49 Plague of Blood
See you next yearLove this story and keep up the great work!
12/5/2021 c49 13Zoran Dawn-Eclipse
Personally, after lots of viewing of DMC stuff and even Bleach content, I'm probably one of the rare few who feel like Marzanna is a little underpowered compared to the rest of the Sparda family.

Still, I absolutely loved how the tournament ended. Brilliant ending.
12/5/2021 c49 NaRuKo-InuTaiSHo-XD
Love it. Please update soon.
12/4/2021 c49 1shadowchaos5150
Well, that ended just about the way I was expecting it to. Though I am sad that Marzanna was unable to help put Xaxa in his place at the end, but sometimes Canon is just too solid a force to change over-much. Now, Kirito just needs to rush in to save the day. It just occurred to me, but Kirito doesn't really have to worry about the poison/drug/chemical does he? I guess that lowers the likelihood of him getting shoved into the Underworld to recover from brain damage (and he sure as heck doesn't NEED to go there for work...). Now, on to healing, questing, connecting, dark lord slaying, old fool smack-downing, odd jobs, idol concerts, & whatever else catches your fancy as the author (not necessarily in that order). As for writing? Everyone has their own style/method, and while I do occasionally write out a scene, an idea for one or just a fragment so I don't forget it, I like to try and let the story flow as "naturally as possible. I also have to plan out 12 years of in-story content, decide what details I'm going to keep from my "Universe Expansion" section of my outline, and try to cobble together some kind of semi-believable romance. And I want to try and complete some of my mini-stories that have been sitting in writer's block hell for almost as long... Welp, time to buckle down & get back to some of the source material I'll be using for some of these ideas... XC:DE here I come!
12/3/2021 c49 4DA Exodus
This was great. I was happy to see another update so soon. The chapter was great though I'm sad Nero apparently got eliminated earlier. It's nice to see that kirito finally realized who death gun actually was, and I can't wait to see what's gonna happen in the next chapter. I'm hoping to see Simon start coming to terms by talking with marzanna's family. Over all I loves the chapter and can't wait for the next one
12/3/2021 c49 1AvidReader2425
Thank you very much for a great chapter, I need to leave reviews on the previous chapters ha. And sorry if I sounded a bit much in that review, I just thought there were so many awesome things you added IRL for that charter I was annoyed we didn't to see more of that, and I let that get the better of me, so sorry about that.

I was aware you didn't share the same views on murder, but sometimes I need to rant about a character and their actions or thoughts at times. The same way I would rant about Dumbledore or even cannon Harry Potter, as much as I love him. You must release the Hate and breathe in the Darkside of the Force, Gooood. Lol.

Anyway, I just started trying to write my own poor attempt at a fanfiction, so I have even greater appreciation for the work your putting into this story, and the process for that. So thank you very much, and once again, sorry I was overly harsh before.
11/29/2021 c37 AvidReader2425
Thank you very much for another great chapter, and I really love how creative you are in regards to the magic system in the story. Also, I admit, that I can’t really empathize with Anna‘s view on her killing the people in the game. But then again, I was raised much differently than her, being raised by my grandfather who was a Vietnam veteran. Having my own issues growing up, I moved in with my grandfather when I was around 11.

Obviously, I learned my values from him, and being young, I obviously asked about his experiences in Vietnam, something he was very candid with, and not something that he was particularly haunted by. I Have the mindset that when you are dealing with an individual that is trying to take your life, you respond with equal force with extreme prejudice, and with the understanding that you put it behind you because you did nothing wrong in defending yourself.

Then again, I usually have a very laissez-faire view about many things in life, not taking too many things overly seriously, or bothering to much about other peoples decisions in life. I live my own life, with my own decisions, and I am happy with that. I suppose we all have our own outlooks on things like that, and she will have to process her decisions at her own speed, hopefully overcoming what she did after she is fully bonded with her mate.
11/29/2021 c36 AvidReader2425
Thanks for another excellent chapter, and I thought the conversation between her and her mother went really well in regards to the weight of taking a life. I am glad that her uncle also pointed out that she lacked her magical-based abilities to help avoid non-lethal actions. The author and most readers will understand she did nothing wrong, but her having to take a life herself, being as young as she is, and the morals she grew up with, it’s understandable that it would weigh heavily on her.

Though, the way Lily talked about the war, and the way she killed a few death eaters, kind of shows why they were losing the war. Morality, by and large, doesn’t have a place in war, outside of a few hardlines that had nothing to do with actual combat. Such as making sure your soldiers aren’t r*ping and pillaging and doing your best to make sure civilians aren’t involved in combat, outside of extraneous circumstances.

By and large, it seemed that the people in the order of the Phoenix and on the opposing side of death eaters did whatever they could to avoid using lethal action. Meanwhile, Voldemort and his death eaters were happily throwing killing curses, the unforgivable’s, and many deadly forms of the dark arts to kill the opposing side. Considering how easily recognizable the death eaters were and Voldemort was, they should have been throwing cutting curses, piercing curses, and anything else that can permanently take them down. Taking off limbs and using things like truth potion to get as much information out of them as possible.

The reason they were losing the war so badly it’s because they try to stick to the moral high ground, which has no place in war. Look at World War II with Nagasaki and Hiroshima, absolutely terrible actions of course, killing many innocent civilians, the warning pamphlets were sent, but at the same time, at end of the war with the Japanese. Horrible actions are common place in war, and you have to make sure that you take down the enemy with extreme prejudice if you actually have any intent on winning the war. That’s my opinion at least.

In regards to the artificial body for Yui, this is what I would have in mind:

*Use homunculus ritual to create a base female body using the blood of Marzanna and Kirito, using magical intent and using transmutation to give their daughter the body she originally had.

*Her bones can be further reinforced using runes, to help make them much stronger, using the idea of the unbreakable spell

* Her overall healing can once again be further increased using a ritual that uses phoenix tears, to boost her already impressive healing, given who her parents are, even further.

* Her brain is where the technomancy comes into play, as well as more science and magic. Using magic and science to grow a crystalline brain reinforced with magic. It has been shown, in the real world actually, that Crystal can hold an incredible amount of information. The brain being further reinforced with magical charms, runes, and technomany spells to further boost it’s efficiency, you would have a brain that can perfectly handle a true artificial intelligence like Yui.

* All that is left is for her father to create the reverse nerve gear and transfer her consciousness into her new body that can perfectly handle the amount of information she can process, and allow her to be able to defend herself, and be incredibly durable.

That’s my two cents on her body at least.
11/29/2021 c35 AvidReader2425
This is exactly why I complained about their lack of Devil May cry material. I absolutely love how you write that world, making her weapons fully sentient? Awesome! Though there are two of them I am not aware of. How she fought that harpy with her axe and shield, awesome! The personalities that her weapons seem to have, really entertaining! She is an incredibly intelligent Nephilim, knows a large variety of knowledge, seems to be very talented in fighting, even if not as talented as her family, she is still probably heads above any regular fighter, mortal or supernatural. The devil may cry contact is really fun and you write it so well, I just wish there was more of it.
11/29/2021 c34 AvidReader2425
Really glad that psychotic psycho managed to feel some agonizing pain before he logged out, hopefully there is much worse in store for him, maybe open a quick portal to hell, and toss his soul in.
11/29/2021 c33 AvidReader2425
Thanks for the chapter .
11/29/2021 c32 AvidReader2425
Thanks for the chapter
11/29/2021 c31 AvidReader2425
Thanks for the enjoyable chapter, I thought the dragon transformation was particularly cool, and I liked how magic was starting to feel natural to him due to his transformation. It feels like the devil may cry universe is starting to have an effect on the game universe
11/29/2021 c30 AvidReader2425
Honestly, I have enjoyed the story till now, and I even enjoy this arc, but I do have a few things to get off my mind.

Right now, I hope that you have a story line somewhat planned that takes place completely outside the game world, otherwise, the devil may cry crossover is rather pointless. Pretty much everything she gets from the crossover, the main character I mean, has no real application or importance in the game world.

Dante being her father? Pointless

Being a Nephilim? Pointless

Having amazing familiars? Pretty much pointless, only seeing one more than once

Her study in Magic extensively? Pointless

Leaning toward dark magic? Pointless

Studying runes? pointless

Studying wards? pointless

Having a soul bound weapon? Pointless, the same things could’ve been done for a magical bound weapon

Pandora’s box? Pointless

Even the section where Kirito gets the dual wielding skills for having the best reaction time makes no sense, she is a devil, born and bred for fighting, and has been training with some of the best fighters for over eight years, her reaction time should be so far above a regular human it should be laughable to compare the two. Though I understand him getting the skill for plot reasons.

If the majority of her background from the Devil may cry crossover is rendered ultimately pointless due to it having no significance in the majority of the story, what’s the point? There have been some interesting character Interactions to be sure, but the abilities, lineage, and even the magical items are rendered basically moot point.

That’s why I think you desperately need a long story line that has nothing to do with the game world, to actually make the devil may cry crossover make any amount of sense. Ultimately, if you don’t, half of the crossover is rendered pointless. Either something like a Doom crossover, a time skip for a halo or mass effect crossover, or something else you would find fun writing that could take place in the real world. Otherwise, outside of the interesting characters, there’s no real point for the Devil May cry crossover.

I’m not trying to be overly critical, or mean at all, just wanting to point out my thoughts and regards to some of the issues I have come across. Ultimately, I do enjoy the story, I just don’t see the point of the earlier plot points outlining her abilities and skills set, when they don’t really matter. If she had grown up adopted or raised by a pure blood family, it could’ve been mentioned that she was learning traditional skills like a Latin, other languages, and fencing or some other form of weapons combat to go with her magical education.

I could very well be wrong, but that’s how I see it currently. Again, I hope I don’t come across as overly critical or mean, I just hope that the devil may cry cross over will have more relevance in the future than it currently does.
11/26/2021 c48 13Zoran Dawn-Eclipse
Looked pretty good to me, so I'd say you succeeded in your goals here.

Great work