for Last Night

11/30/2015 c1 16Knifez
This was...odd, to say the least xD. To be honest I didn't enjoy it as much as your other works. I just wasn't feeling the humor in this one, but I guess I was setting my expectations pretty high based on the description and your past works.

The interactions between Chris and Alice were good, but I felt their interactions were pretty much the same throughout. It looks like their saying something nice, but then the other calls them out on the lies and they insult each other. Kinda repetitive.

Blainley and Chef were by far the stars of the show. The way Chef's recount of the story was so short and blunt was great, and bringing in Blaineley was an odd yet appreciated touch.
11/29/2015 c1 4Gideoncrawle
Was Alice always this nasty to Chris, or is it just bitterness over how he turned into a narcissistic sphincter muscle? If the former, then it sounds like Chris is successful more in spite of his upbringing than because of it. Either way, it’s fitting that Alice wound up not bailing Chris out. On the other hand, Chris is presumably loaded in a different way than he was earlier that night, so I’m not sure why he didn’t just post bail himself and spare himself the confrontation with his possibly long-suffering mum.

I’m inclined to believe Chef, too, because he doesn’t appear to have anything to gain by saying what he said if it wasn’t true. And Chris/Blaineley IS a fairly common ship…. Not sure why Chef would burn down Chris’ house, though, since Chris and Total Drama seem to be his meal ticket.

The mechanics were better than I see from most fanfic writers, with just a couple of sketchy bits which I’ll describe under separate cover. The story's POV structure, combined with its modest length, makes it a bit hard to judge the IC vs. OOC question, but everything except the house burning (which I assume you added purely for comic effect) seemed at least plausible.

A cute little vignette, on the whole.

Reviewed for the Read and Swap
11/29/2015 c1 14rilakku
This was awesome! I was laughing so much during it! I like how you put three different POV during the story, each one different but following the story line. I think you nailed Chris and Chef perfectly, I could see both of them doing that. But Blaineley just seemed iffy, I can't really see Blaineley saying that. Overall good story.
11/29/2015 c1 6Mr. CyborgPineappleIsland II
This was actually enjoyable to read. I would have prefered if there were quotations for each of the people talking, but that is a minor detail.

The only other thing I didn't like was the tone. I've never been a fan of third person narratives...interactive narratives? Whatever. But that's just me.

Good job man! Over all I liked it!
11/29/2015 c1 31JShark419
This was really good. C: I'm doing this for the read and swap. I do promise to read both of your other two at some point.

Chris's mom was hilarious. She's a cool low beat mom. She's so badass, she cares yet can still show no mercy.

Chris getting drunk isn't surprising, but him and Blaineley. o_o, xD

And of course Chefs story would be the true one, I burst out laughing when he said he'd burned the house down.

This was awesome and hilarious, keep up the awesome work. C:
11/29/2015 c1 Bombyyyx
Somehow in two paragraphs, you've managed to completely nail Chris' s mom as a character.

Alice is so not motherly to Chris and I'm loving it. Like, they can be complete assholes to each other, it's wonderful.

Chris and Blaineley giving their stories is of course told in a way that makes them both seem faultless, but then Chef's version is the real kicker. I was /not/ expecting that twist, especially when Chef said it so nonchalantly.

So yeah, great fic! I... don't really have much more to say, ha ha. :x
11/23/2015 c1 14Hugh Takinamee
Omg this is one amazing piece of work. Instant 10/10. Now, lemme break this down:

Okay, so Chris is in jail. Typical. And then we have Blaineley and Chef with Chris's mother? Nice backup! Could have used... idk, Courtney to make things interesting? I know you hate Courtney, but I think it'd be really interesting and hilarious to see her in the argument.

Chris's explanation is just flatout bullshit xD I mean, yes, he's done those things, as he should, since he IS the host of a very popular TV reality show. But really, I could say those things and people would know I'm lying. That was well written on your part.

And then Blaineley's side. Legit. Pretty good. More believable than anything Chris had to say in this story.

Lastly, Chef's side. Same as Blaineley.

What happens next? Well... the last part was just funny as hell. Poor Chris. Bastard deserves to be in jail, though. XDDD Talk about one badass mom!

Before I end this... Christopher Robin McLean? Died laughing. Great read!
11/23/2015 c1 46GreenPokeGuy
This was hilarious! xD

I love how Chris and Blaineley tried to implicate each other in their stories while making themselves look good, and Chef just told it bluntly, and added in a detail that no-one knew. xD

Alice was also hilarious, and the way she interacted with her son was amazing. And omg, Christopher Robin? LOL xD

Great fic! You always have Chris get into some form of trouble, huh? xP

-Green
11/15/2015 c1 202ChloeRhiannonX
I'd like to start by saying I was hysterically laughing that you decided to name him Christopher Robin. Guess his traumatic childhood explains a lot...
I loved Alice and the way she interacts with her son. Very tough love. You can tell they both care for each other but have a hard time showing it, you portrayed that perfectly.
The individual stories were hysterical. Drunk Chris is a very funny idea to play with, throwing Blainely and Chef into the mix made it all the more better.
Didn't notice any spelling errors and only maybe two grammatical errors.
Overall this was a very good read, uplifting read. I enjoyed.
11/14/2015 c1 9melodicBooknerd13
I decided to read this for R&S since I don't want to procrastinate and finish your round with 50 minutes left like I did with Knifez's round. I've read FDTD before, but rereading it is out of the question. I could have read HIRTW, but oh well. This was worth it.
This was one of the best things I have ever read.
Jesus Christ, Chris, what the hell is wrong with you? Blaineley's explanation was amazing. He was screaming while walking around drunk with a knife. No wonder he was kicked out.
Nice going Chef. Aerosol is the best way to burn someone's house down. I'll need to remember this.
The only error I noticed was when you said "ALI" instead of "all". I'm guessing it was from caps lock and talking to me, or just an accidental typo.
That's all for now. Bye!
10/26/2015 c1 1Patrick the Fan
Oh my GOD! I was literally crying when I read this! I love how Chef revealed that he burned Chris's house down, that was a nice touch.
10/8/2015 c1 13fivbifvifggrfg
First of all.

Christopher Robin. YES. Winnie the Pooh where you at homeboy?

Chris' mom. Oh my god. It's midnight and I'm laughing so fucking hard.

R.I.P Chris' house.

Sam, this was a really good story. It was witty, it wasn't a outdated concept. Really good.

The one thing I would like to say that is somewhat negative, is that the stories weren't too details. I love how Chris' own mother didn't believe her son's version of events.

Good Job, Sam.
8/15/2015 c1 18ChrisMcLean-Cody-Duncan-TD
You have killed me with laughter, Sam. This was the most hilarious one-shot I have ever read in the history of one-shots, so thank you SO MUCH. Sorry I reviewed very late, but I just came back from my holidays.
8/2/2015 c1 13Glowing Insanity
Weeell then xD I'd say Chef's side of the story was the best.

Good work :)
7/31/2015 c1 PKRS
yes. all the yes.

...chris's mom Alice? I see what you did there.
18 Page 1 2 Next »