for Cartoon Network Universe: Earth One - FusionFall

9/30/2019 c5 Guest
Please update I love this story
12/10/2018 c5 106AnimeGirl 144
Huzzah, Jack is now in use. Quite an interesting name you gave him. Any particular meaning behind the name? Historical meaning or such?

I noticed that there were a few sentences that just abruptly ended. I don't know if that was on purpose or not, since it seemed that some information was missing from those sentences. Could just be missing punctuations, though.

Still not a major fan of Johnny Test, but the way Dexter handled him and promptly moved on was hilarious.

The operative that went to the Saturn Base's experience was something almost out of Alien. A traumatizing experience for the three Sector V operatives indeed. And on the note of Sector V, considering Numbuhs Three and Five are the only ones still at the Treehouse when they started to prep it for battle, will they be calling in Numbuh Six to help out?

How the Past will be effected with Ben and Otto's return will be a delight to see, especially since it sounds like Fuse's approach to Earth is close.
12/1/2018 c4 AnimeGirl 144
Sorry this took so long to get to. This chapter is pretty lengthy for me to get through in a work night.

It was fun to see the different characters be in the lead in their respective sections of the story, and the hopping back between the future and the past.

The only thing that caught my eye was the trial. I feel for Numbuh Two here because the arguments against him were actually pretty bogus, but I guess that's just because in the show's universe, the KND are acknowledged as a thing, but only the evil adults actually take their threat seriously. To every other adult, the KND is just an afterschool thing their kids go to. Then again, to make all these shows work together in one universe, some things would need to be nicked.

Good way to bring the Regular Show in. I'm not a fan of the show, but I respect that a lot of people like it and are happy it's in Legacy. Plus, it's a great way to utilize the temporal vortexes.

Yes, time for the best character to make his appearance. Putting Jack's appearance after the end of Season 5, with the knowledge that he walked the future's surface for over 50 years just adds more to his character that will be beneficial to his fellow comrades in the war against Fuse. I'm incredibly excited to see this in action, and I'm already thinking of several ways this could work out.

Does this mean that Jack will be appearing in the Future to help the group against Fusion Eduardo and to help send Ben home? It would be a great Big Damn Hero moment from him.

Another well done chapter.
11/15/2018 c4 3TheRedsBluesGreens
I have to say that out of all the fanfictions written about Fusionfall, this is definitely my favorite. Its so well written and not a single character is OOC, at least for me.
Also! When you mentioned Ben Buttoncoyote I have to admit that I laughed cause I've been watching his (yours? If you are him and that's why you chose the name? I dunno,,,) playthroughs of the game on YouTube to make myself feel jealous that its taking me so long to level up cause I barely have any time to play the game, haha.
Though I'm really happy that Buttercup is in this story I have to admit that I am kinda sad that her Belladonna character wasn't in here cause I found the Powerpuff's story in the FF universe to be really tragic. Buttercup is Belladonna in the past and when she's back to normal in the future her sisters are dead? I personally love expanding on that concept cause I find it interesting.
But! Like I said, that's just me and I'm loving the story how it is so far. Fusionfall has such a small, almost non-existent fan base which is honestly a shame because the concept and idea for it is actually really, really cool. But I'm super happy that talented writers like yourself make content for it! Hope you continue this story soon!
11/6/2018 c4 1StarryNightPrincess
- I really like how you show what is happening in both the present and the future with both the KND working hard to get their communications back online and Dexlabs trying to cover up the time machine mishap due to Dee Dee's button pressing. These both seemed so real, since such an accident could ruin Dexlabs, and without any communication, the Kids Next Door would have a lot of trouble even figuring out what to do. (Having Numbuh Four as an attorney made me laugh)

- Showing us how Fuse's monsters hurt and killed Earth's heroes was very scary for me. Between seeing Numbuh Two almost die and Mandy actually dying, it gave me the chills. This would also be a real threat since almost anything was toxic in this Future. With limited supplies and nearly all natural water sources corrupted, it is very likely that this could be the real killer here, not the monsters.

- I really liked the conversation about the Adaptium, Blastons, and Cosmix types. The fact that you gave traits to the Heroes as well was very good in my opinion.

- Like I said earlier, Mandy's death gave me the chills. However, it was mostly her telling Numbuh Five that she saw Grim holding up her hourglass. We didn't really see Grim in the Future (That is, until the Acadamy update) so I can see him leaving the overworld for the Underworld or maybe even Limbo. If the Underworld is in a different dimension or plane of existence, then the state of the Earth wouldn't really mean much to him. With Billy and Mandy dead, he wouldn't have any ties left. He could just leave when it was obvious that the Earth was going to lose.
8/19/2018 c3 106AnimeGirl 144
I liked the chapter. It allowed for more world-building. Sure, this Future falls in line with the Original's while adding Legacy's take on it, but it's also different from the game's.

Ben's brief monologue on statues was very interesting. Not a bad comparison.

(Did Mandark change his name from Susan?) I'm probably that one person who is actually glad that Mandark didn't cave in to Ben's anger. Sure, Ben has a right to be angry, but I identified with Mandark's utilitarian outlook. And I'm happy he not only stood his ground but fought back. It would have been easy to make Mandark the bad guy in the situation, but seeing that times are tough and so are the choices that have to be made.

The conversation of Adaptium, Blastons and Cosmix was very interesting, especially since you've allowed the population of the story to have these traits, instead of just Nanos and Monsters. Very interesting concept.

I'm so happy you used Otto. It's sad he wasn't utilized more in the game properly. Will he and the Squad be making an appearance in the Past?

Mandy and Numbuh Five are an interesting match up. I feel Mandy's portrayal was a little off, but I figure it's because this Mandy would be much different given the circumstances of the Future. Mandy's actions to Otto were well in character, though. I'm surprised she didn't do it sooner.

Her death didn't exactly move me, but the conversation on Grim and where he was did make me pause. Considering Grim's Resurrect 'Ems are a gaming mechanic, it's just generally believed he's around and keeping players alive. But considering you have to translate it into a story with no gaming mechanisms whatsoever, making Grim disappear is an interesting concept. I wonder how he got out of his contract with Mandy.

Numbuh 363 as an attorney (a prosecutor at that) is incredibly laughable, perhaps more so that Numbuh Four is the defense attorney. Was Numbuh $1.50 an Hour unavailable (or did he just decline to represent another member of Sector V after what Numbuh Four did to him last time)?

I don't watch Johnny Test, so I can't say much there. The idea that all the experimentation caught up with him is quite interesting.

Overall a fun read. I liked it.
7/12/2018 c2 AnimeGirl 144
Another excellent chapter done.

Dexter flying off the handle at the start was quite an emotional scene. I feel for DeeDee, but I perfectly understand Dexter's anger. To add to this, the emotions felt by the characters was on point.

As for Ben, his journey through the tutorial - I mean Tech Square - was fun to read. And I too enjoy Legacy's depiction of Tech Square a lot. Ben interacting with the various characters was fun to see, especially with Finn. Sad to see their dynamic cut short.

The only nitpick I have for this chapter is the operatives being referred to as Numbers instead of Numbuhs. Nothing that damages the story, just my own personal nitpick.
7/2/2018 c3 13Mondmaedchen
This is really good! The wait is always worth it, because you come up with seriously good and long stuff during that time. I, personally, did not mind Mandy's death at all. I mean, who cuts off someone's hair just because they're being annoying!? Very rude and not a sign of good character. But she was a good person anyway, even though she killed the poor kid's hairstyle. RIP Mandy, though I won't miss you.
11/5/2017 c2 ChineseMofo
Bit confusing at first but Im folowing
11/5/2017 c2 Fanfan
I love this

Its so fun to read

When are are yoh updatibg again
11/5/2017 c2 Mondmaedchen
Ah! I'd better start watching some more of these shows to fully understand what's going on and who's who! Even so, wonderfully written, save for some tiny typos that don't really interfere with anything. Keep up the good work!

(By the way, you said you only got TWO reviews on this. Does mine not count? *single tear*)

10/16/2017 c1 106AnimeGirl 144
Haven't read FusionFall stories in a while, but this was a nice one to start with. I personally like long chapters, though I do feel that you could have broken them up into smaller chapters to help the flow feel less jumpy. Not a major issue (like I said, I personally like long chapters), but I felt it was something to bring up.

Anyways, onto some of the technical. Overall, the story was an easy read, though there were some minor mistakes I noticed. Some sentences ran on longer than needed. Nothing absolutely major that turns me off from reading it, but just things I noticed that I thought to bring up to help you polish the story. Also, I might be mistaken, but is SECT referring to SACT? Or is SECT a different organization I am mixing up SACT with?

Time to talk about the actual story! I like it. I'm guessing the flashback takes place during the Original manga? Or is at least inspired by it? It's kind of fun seeing it, either way. The manga hasn't been used too much as a reference in fanfictions - at least from none I've seen. Ben taking the role of the player is also a nice twist. Ben disappearing from the time flow may actually affect the future differently from the game's, so that'll be a joy to read.

I love the inclusion of other characters not seen in the game, and can't wait to see more of it!

(Little side note: My face split into a smile when I saw reference to Numbuh 274, though shouldn't Numbuh 362 (or even Numbuh 5, per Operation I.N.T.E.R.V.I.E.W.S.) be in charge of the KND? Is this before Operation E.N.D.? Just a small detail that I picked up.)

Wrapping up: Good start to the story. I'm definitely going to keep my eye on this.
10/7/2017 c2 Ben 10 Madness
This chapter was great. You've really set up the dark tone well showing how serious the threat of Planet Fuse is. I wanna see how Ben gets out of this one. Can't wait to see more.
10/1/2017 c1 13Mondmaedchen
HIIIIII A!

This is always so much fun to read! Good luck working on your next chapter and always PM me if need be!

MMC
8/4/2017 c1 6SparkyTSZ11
It's always nice to see old fanfics get revived.
17 Page 1 2 Next »