FanFiction.Net
for The Divorce

10/10/2015 c9 Guest
A couple more chapters would have made this a better story. Getting them to the Altar was really rushed.
10/10/2015 c9 Guest
Oh dear. The pacing accelerated to warp speed there at the end with a lot of time spent on mundane details before: Poof! They're remarried. Could have stood two or three more chapters of fluff and Alexis' reaction and Christmas and post-book tour "quality time". Really seemed rushed to finish.
10/11/2015 c9 4coyotepup4
I really liked you story idea and the plot so I give you credit for cool imagining.

What really frustrated me though was that it didn't feel like you were telling a story. If felt like you were giving a summary of a story, cliff notes version. I don't know if they have cliff notes in Britain, but I think you understand what I mean.

The most glaring example. is Alexis. Kate was her mother basically from age three to age 12. Considering Meredith, that's the only mother she's ever known. And lets face it, this is a girl either going through puberty or just about too, and her mom walks. Not to mention, her birth mother basically is never there. And there's no emotional blow back. That's only one thing though I think the most glaring one. Alexis should've been suffering though full scale abandonment issues. Turning to drugs, alcohol, sex, acting out.
10/10/2015 c9 txgal2015

Kim
10/10/2015 c9 Norman01
I liked this story. Thank you for sharing this with us.
10/10/2015 c9 TORONTOSUN
Always, good to see them back together.

Congrats on a great story.
10/10/2015 c9 1DREAMWRITER 08
DIDN'T SEE ANY NEED FOR IMPROVEMENTS ENJOYED THIS START TO FINISH
LOOKING FORWARD TO YOUR NEXT ONE THANK YOU FOR SHARING YOUR TALENTS...
10/3/2015 c8 Guest
Does anyone anywhere, even Rick Castle, actually speak the word "whilst" in conversation?
10/4/2015 c8 txgal2015
I sure hope that you have them getting back together. I am going to miss this story

Kim
10/3/2015 c8 TORONTOSUN
I like how Rick laid it out for Kate. I wonder how Kate will respond when she sees him again.
9/26/2015 c7 Guest
I'm way confused on the timeline...

Alexis was three when Rick and Kate met.

SOME time passes.

They get divorced and don't see each other for six years.

Then Alexis is a college undergrad.

I had her pegged at around twelve years old. Clearly I'm not reading closely enough. But six years apart isn't as bad if they were together for eight years or so. It was just jarring but probably my own fault. (shrug)
9/26/2015 c7 Guest
There are already a lot of misconceptions about mental illness in the world and I want to clarify something for you. OCD or Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder is defined as when an individual has an obsession that causes them anxiety and they have corresponding compulsions or rituals that relieve that anxiety. Often times the individual recognizes that these compulsions or rituals are absurd or unnecessary. For example some people's obsession focuses on dirt and they feel the need to wash their hands a particular number of times every time before their hands feel clean. Another example is a person may need to turn the lights on and off in a room a certain number of times before entering or leaving a room. Furthermore the concept of not completing these compulsions in the perfect way causes overwhelming panic that something terrible will happen.

The Kateyou describe and the Kate in the show is obsessed to be sure, but a need to prove herself in a male dominated profession is not OCD, and neither is the desire to solve her mother's murder. It was on honest mistake I'm sure, I just wanted to clarify for you
9/27/2015 c7 fixitmr
Are they getting back together ? ... they should never have broken up ... marriage counselor is the operative word here ...

MORE PLEASE ... THANKS ...
9/26/2015 c7 TORONTOSUN
I like how Kate and Rick finally realizes what they did, and are willingly to try again. I hope it works out.
9/26/2015 c1 Dominic Flandry
This Kate wouldn't have cried about the divorce. She consciously chose the job over Rick and Alexis.
60 Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »