for Dark Forest

3/10/2016 c1 70Gamemakers
Fair warning: I know nothing about Wicked Lovely.

This is really neat! It feels a bit like a fairy tale (I keep trying to reword this, since it /is/ a fairy tale, but do you understand what I'm going for? It's very otherworldly in a fantastical way.) I really like the aura around it.

I think the one little inconsistency I spot here is that she's supposed to be the invariant one, while he is death/change personified, but she is making the forest change. That's probably a little wrinkle left over from canon, but I thought it was worth mentioning.

I personally didn't feel that the song lyrics at the beginning added much to the story, but that's more personal preference than anything.

Lovely work, Lamia! I really enjoyed this one, and I would be interested in reading more like it. Thanks for sharing!
11/23/2015 c1 209NickyFox13
There is a lot of layers of plot to unpack, and yet it's all conveyed in such a short piece. The ability to tell a cohesive, understandable story in a little over 200 words is a true talent. I love the amount of description you gave, and that a whole push & pull of character interactions has been painted in my head. I adore your style: it's not very flashy (simplicity is always a good thing, I promise!) and it doesn't try too hard to get a point across. Instead it tells a story in simple yet haunting terms.

Thanks for writing such a beautiful fic, especially in a small fandom such as Wicked Lovely.