for Paint Her Black

3/22/2021 c1 diamondgalshell
This looks very promising! can't wait to dive in.
3/19/2021 c24 MotekElm
sweet
3/18/2021 c13 MotekElm
ysy
3/2/2021 c3 1bookwerm98
Why do they act like the UK is the only place to live? Would her reputation be this scrutinized in France or Australia?
12/4/2020 c24 1mionepls
loved this story! thanks for writing. so happy with all of the love throughout & at the end!
10/2/2020 c24 Anne
Great story!
9/15/2020 c24 3Charlee56
I LOVED THIS STORY!
9/15/2020 c22 Charlee56
The Wizengamot was always painted much like a rigged game of chance in which politicians were bought and sold. But all British Magical Citizens were always still Subjects of Her Royal Majesty, Queen Elizabeth II.
And were therefore subject to much the same laws as the rest of the British Isles. You know what I mean; all that pesky stuff about the Magna Carta (still on the books!), Habeus Corpus, rigjts to a competent trial and representation by one's chosen solicitor/barrister. And although the "good old boys' club" HAD railroaded a few folk in their time minus a trial or two (or three?), that kind of thing cannot keep on happening.
After a while people start to notice it.
9/14/2020 c20 Charlee56
One point in law; by telling Hermione that the Daily Prophet (aforementioned in the blackmail note by name and directly so) will receive all the information that she, Trollop is going to send of Hermione's information to said rag for publication, Trollop has well and thoroughly implicated herself in a top level felony under British law.
Trollop has well and truly screwed the pooch!
9/14/2020 c14 Charlee56
Here's a review from a reader in yhe United States: What happened to Harry's taking over his Lordship as the Head of the Most Ancient and Most Noble House of Potter? Why hasn't he gone to Gringotts? Why havent we seen evidence of HIS inheriting something from his family? Why just some dialogue regarding "living off of Sirius"?
And why on Earth hasn't Harry hired a press agent? That could stopper most of tjis. Even if Sirius had hired one, it would've put an end to most of the Prophets shenanigans.
Too many loose ties still. Even McGonagall could have advised Harry on this and claimed criminal trespass against the Prophets' staff in the pages of the Quibbler.
9/10/2020 c24 15stevem1
This story was well written. My teenage daughter would love it. Tons of angst and romance.

I liked the Sirius is Hermione’s father subplot. I think the Grangers get incredibly short changed.

I also liked that Sirius and Harry began to throw their weight around. If they’d done it sooner, half the supposed scandals would have never materialized.

Well done to the author.
9/10/2020 c15 stevem1
“She tried to use legilimency on me.”

“I want proof.”

What? How does one get proof?
9/10/2020 c6 stevem1
This story has the premise that Victorian morays control the Wizarding world. That makes sense. But that only appears to apply to sexual relations. This doesn’t make sense. The powerful in that era controlled what could be printed. Upsetting Harry Potter like public figures in the Victorian era would result in the paper being shut down or the journalist publishing garbage killed in a duel. There is no balance in public v private which is strange, though it does create drama.
9/10/2020 c2 stevem1
This is weird. Revenge dating? McGonagall trying to act as if war veterans aren’t traumatized? Mixing former enemies into the same dorm as adults? Are they asking for murders?
9/5/2020 c24 c.karen09
This was really, really good. I could have kept reading for many more chapters, so I will have to see what else you have to offer. Thanks for writing!
1,046 « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »