for A New Player: Year Seven: Light of the West

8/17/2020 c18 Crest1
Absolutely loathed this last chapter. Sorry. I prefer stories that do not run to the ultimate end. Just the most happy in-between.

Well, another crappylogue to ignore, you are in excellent company.
7/6/2019 c18 rmw5763
Thank you so very much for this Magnificent story. Well Done.
7/6/2019 c17 rmw5763
That was certainly a Different way to end it. Well Done. Great Series of Stories.
7/5/2019 c3 rmw5763
Every chapter is just better and better, thanks.
6/17/2019 c18 MewLover9000
This was a fabulously written story.
Faykan turning out to be Alatar, was quite the twist.
Harry becoming an Istari, that was an even better one.
Voldemort succumbing to Sauron, was the biggest twist. I enjoyed all of the drama, action, angst, and adventure. And the love and sense of family there.
This was truly a story of friendship, responsibility, and overcoming...i thank you for this
5/1/2019 c18 Belarus Braginski
I cried at the end
10/16/2018 c18 jamesduen
What a wonderfully well written and epic journey. It's almost as if Rowling and Tolkien co-wrote this story. I especially like the addition to the book in the epilogue. Thanks for sharing you imagination with us.
9/15/2018 c18 kittyfrog88
I loved this series! it was so wonderfully written and blended both stories together so well! Thank you for all the hard work you put into writing this!
3/25/2018 c1 1Eruanwa
I’ve just finished reading the original and the current rewrite and I must praise you for your choice of words, yet their are something that I would like to suggest on the rewrite. Some of my views may be wrong or be subject to serious debate, yet this is only my humble opinion. As a side note, I’m not posting this on the rewrite to prevent spoiling future content.

There are a few things that concern me regarding elven magic:

Firstly, your elven spells use both Quenya and Sindarin at the same time. From the canon description regarding the two languages, those two are cousin languages and are not recommended to use concurrently. An example would be the spell you use to conjure pure sunlight in Book 1: “ksh uuvanimo lanta ed' rutha en' i' giliath, Valar Kalina!” The meaning being: “evil monster fall by anger of the stars, light of the Valar!” In Quenya, the sentence would be: “Ulca ulundo lantëa mi rúsë elena ar anducal!”, meaning: “Evil monster fall in the wraith of the ?stars and the light of the west.” A better description of what you mean according to my interpretation would be “Evil monster! Fall in the wrath and light of the West!” Which in Quenya would be ”Ulca ulundo! Lantëa mi rúsë ar anducal!” In Sindarin, it will be “Ogol ulunn! Danna vi rúth a annui galad!” Of course, this is not a significant part of the story, but just something I think you could make more accurate.

Secondly, Harry & Co. are promised to learn elven magic by Faykan after they learnt formless magic. Although he did eventually died in Book 4, he did help them master formless magic, so why did Faykan not teach Harry & Co. (Harry learnt eventually, but under drastically different circumstances) after they learnt formless magic? This is a point you could further elaborate upon.

On the Athelas potion introduced in Book 3, I think the potion should serve more than a plot device for Severus and Horace to approach Faykan. As it was mentioned to have immense healing properties, and is a powerful antidote, should it have more importance in the series, like Severus storing large quantities of Athelas potions during the duration of Book 7, providing them to students in D.A., or maybe it could been an antidote to something Voldy had designed, like the drink of despair etc.

On the palantír in Faykan’s possession, it has only been seen using it to allow Harry & Co. to obtain their animagi forms and to see the past & possible future, should it also serve its original purpose of looking into vast distances? Maybe Voldy could acquire the Ithil-stone, like Faykan acquiring the Orthanc-stone.

On the weapons of our beloved characters:

Ron is seen wielding the spear of Gil-Galad Aeglos, should the spear acquire some magical powers just as Anduril acquired what you called in Book 7 as Anduril’s might. Aeglos means snow-point in Sindarin, so maybe the spear could acquire some ice powers?

Harry is seen using Hadhafang, sword of Elrond, yet I have a far more interesting weapon to suggest for Harry, the sword Ringil, sword of Fingolfin. Maybe this sword, aside from acquiring ice powers as its name literally means cold, could scare away dark enemies, as this sword cut Morgoth several times at the doors of Angband.

Regarding the relationship of Harry and Faykan in Book 4, many complained (as far as I know) of the supposed homosexual relationship that sort of arise from their mutual magic bond, though I am not a supporter of homophobia, maybe make it clearer that a magical bond exists between the two of them which sort of made their relationship as best friends awkward, as they’re literally bonded together, if that is where you want the story to go.

That’s all for now, keep up the good work! ️
1/5/2018 c18 Guest
I read this whole series in a few days and holy crap! Everything, from start to finish, was absolutely phenomenal! I’ve always loved HP/LOTR crossovers, but this is by far my favorite. Hats off to you, this work is amazing!
10/13/2017 c18 1Potter Abducted by Penguins
This series is one of the best I've ever read. To combine the worlds of Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings trilogy was excellent!
8/17/2017 c18 Guest
My dearest Author, thank you once more. You took two different universes and blended them so amazingly well. The Professor would be proud of you and your talented pen.

Mae govannen, Mellon. Blessings of the Valar upon you and your creative mind. Blessed be, dear friend.

Katrina
Aka, Ekatherina Ciretha Silverthorn, elf of Doriath
4/19/2017 c18 5Warlord Fellhammer
My friend, Words fail me upon reading this masterpiece... I wished that Harry wouldnt have to leave, but alas it was so. Again, my friend, it was a great story and I can't wait to ready your other works!
2/22/2017 c18 Guest
Beautifully written. That is all that I can say. Wonderful character development and the build up of suspense with each instalment in the series intrigued me, capturing my attentiom with perfect ease. It kept me reading quite hungrily ( and I mean that quite literally as well :p) and i finished reading the entire series in a period of 2-3 days as I was quite obsessed and each instalment left me thirsty for more. You are clearly very talented and I look forward to reading your other works. With the perfect mix of love, loss, terror and deception, it served as a perfect read and I am so glad that i clicked on the Crossovers category and got transported here from dramioneasks. :D
2/18/2017 c18 gginsc
Wonderful story! I love it.
33 Page 1 .. Last Next »