for Benefits of old laws

10h c109 8Ishiro Shizuka
Gracias, estoy llorando en este momento QuQ)
Me encanto tu historia, siempre me quede enganchada con ella.
Aunque el epilogo me rompio el corazon... pensando en que Dumbledore se había vuelto loco (?) debido a la exposición a magia oscura, era natural que Marvolo tambien pasara por lo mismo.
Igual dolió un montón ;(
1/26 c109 2209Fan
I realy liked this storry, but the ending was not my thing.
1/18 c109 4Kyu Redwolf
Bonjour,
J'ai adoré ton histoire. Vraiment passé un très bon moment avec cette lecture. J'ai aimé que la relation harry/Voldy avance lentement. Et j'aime l'idée que harry soit lié à Voldy par des ancêtres communs. Puis je utiliser l'idée s'il te plais?
Encore merci pour ce bon moment.

Kisu

Kyu
1/17 c13 scarlet101797
I understand that the premise is that voldemort no longer wanted to kill harry, however it is both irritating and doesn't make sense for him to suddenly be so meek around voldemort. Harry has never, ever been meek in front of voldemort regardless of power or situation and for him to suddenly act like voldemorts little bitch simply does not make sense. Decent writing style but I dont like the representation of harry as suddenly meek before his parents murderer and his own attempted murder, multiple times in fact, and therefore wont be continuing to read the story.
1/15 c48 luvlyra
just don't understand why harry must give his friends explanation about everything that happens in his life! he should just tell them to mind their own business. he has every right to keep his privacy. and his friends are also so busybodies. nosy bastards! they think they r entitled know every lil thing that happens in his life. harry should just be firm with them in this and use some of that cunning that we all know lies in his brain and blood. hate when he just folds before his friends like a lil baby
1/3 c1 Lil' APPL
I feel so stupid about my first comment here ahahahaha forgive me...
1/2 c48 2Detsella Morningdew
Yeah, a real de-ageing potion or spell would be on the level of Horcrux magic, not basic or commonly used potions. That kind of magic is the type that would traditionally require some sort of sacrifice. Otherwise it would just be a replacement for the Elixir of Life.

Now, a spell that changes the appearance of someone to look younger is entirely possible. Like a Polyjuice but for age. Probably still difficult or expensive, as a lot of people would be using it to keep their looks young. (Think Tsunade from Naruto)
1/2 c45 Detsella Morningdew
Yeah, a different perspective on Dumbledore was exactly what this story needs. While I am enough of a Potter nerd to create those motivations in my head, on a fanfiction site where you can't make those assumptions, and bashing is commonplace, it's a necessary addition.
1/1 c42 Detsella Morningdew
Yeah, Umbridge *would* be the type to act as her own defense and not actually defend herself. She's that kind of confidently unhinged person that does that.
12/30/2020 c32 Detsella Morningdew
That was a very clever "poisoning." Same effect as minor poison, same ill intent, without the stereotypes or drama. Definitely a vengeful Gryffindor thing to do.
12/30/2020 c31 Detsella Morningdew
Love the perspectives on everything, especially Potions.

And that "potion that does X thing for the story" has to be invented rather than conveniently existing. Everything feels very real, including both setting and character interaction.
12/29/2020 c73 1riddletharalts
I keep thinking marvolo with Bill. ever since Mrs goyle did the sexuality talk with him and mentioned the type that are only attracted to intelligent conversation
12/29/2020 c1 Lil' APPL
is this tomarry?
12/26/2020 c27 2Detsella Morningdew
Fudge always seemed to me in the books like someone who had a canny mind for politics, but had crippling self-doubt and quite a lot of anxiety. Like, for example, constantly asking Dumbledore for help in the beginning, as well as Malfoy, etc. He got elected Minister for a good reason, but didn't know what to do once he got there.

That anxiety manifested itself as irrational behavior when some of what should be his worst fears as a politician were realized. The Chamber of Secrets business doesn't initially sound like a Ministry problem, but as Hogwarts is the *only* magical school in Britain, it very much is, and children would be precious, especially after the war eleven years ago would have decimated the new generation's numbers. Hagrid didn't get a trial for the same reason Sirius Black didn't. Because if they *were* proven innocent, then nothing could be done, and panic would run rampant without someone to actually convict.

In Harry's third year, what should have been an underage magic problem was brushed away because of Fudge's actual understanding of the political situation, and the fact that Harry was actually quite powerful in the public eye. But when that clashed with the immediate problem of Black, and the fear he still caused, it was no contest. Harry was the easiest to brush off in the moment.

And so on. Fudge is a coward, but a smart one. It's only when his fear gets to dangerous levels does he start getting stupid. Unfortunately, we often only see him at his worst.
12/25/2020 c17 Detsella Morningdew
Finally, a realistic trial!

(All right, I'm being over-dramatic, and sensationalized trials are still fun to read, but this was a nice change of pace.)
6,360 Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »