for After the Boys of Summer Have Gone

8/4/2018 c4 3laurenana57
I found this by accident and holy crap. Its amazing.
10/25/2015 c4 44Black Zora
Okay, now I'm almost as confused as Marko! XD Not only about Sylvie, but also about your Max. He seems to be completely ruthless, but then again, if he is in control of Marko's memories, how can Marko even be sure that what Max told him was the truth?

This story is a like riddle on many different levels, and I'm really curious about how you're going to resolve it.
10/19/2015 c3 Black Zora
That was an interesting quote you put at the beginning of the chapter, especially as a premise for exploring the nature and fate of vampires. Yet I couldn't help but think that it must be pretty crowded in the Boys' if every one of them houses all of his victims' souls. XD Just imagine they all came to life in the Boys' minds. That would be haunting even for a vampire. Maybe Sylvie is, in fact, one of these souls come to life again, or even all of Marko's victims' souls combined into one single entity?

I loved how Marko thought about visiting the bar again, because he likes checking out the menu in advance. His thoughts are just the right kind of nasty. In the movie, he always seemed rather sinister to me, and I was sure it wasn't something good he was trying to hide when his hand went up to his mouth - his elongating canines, probably. ;D

Great atmosphere building and description again in the beach scene! So Marko has met and killed her already several times, both as a human and as a vampire. Why, then, is she still drawn to him, and even does save him from the sun when he loses consciousness? What entwined their lives in this way? It must have happened when they both were human. Or did it happen in a different world or dimension, which Marko seems to indicate by saying that the memories weren't real? I still favor the idea of her being a creature made of all of his victims' souls though. ;D

As an aside, how is it that everyone Marko knew as a human is already dead? You set the story in the eighties, and you mentioned that Marko's mum loved Connie Francis, so he must have been turned in the fifties or sixties, I think?
10/17/2015 c3 7Pixiecropse
oh wow i need more
10/9/2015 c1 sleep
OMG I LOVE YOU MARKO
10/9/2015 c2 44Black Zora
Ah, vampiric senses ... It's always fun to play around with all those possibilities. :)

I think Pythagoras, who came up with the idea, honestly believed in the music of the spheres. And no, I didn't need to ask my little computer box for that. ;) I always found the idea fascinating since a music teacher told me about it two decades ago, especially since life on earth is supposed to echo this harmony. So Marko and the other Boys would constantly and consciously be surrounded by it ... In this case, wouldn't it cause quite a disharmony to kill someone whose time has not yet come? Or do they only kill the ones whose time *has* come? If so, how do they know? Do they sound or feel different?

By the way, I don't think it stupid to ask oneself how anyone could eat a creature with eyes as beautiful as a cow's. Now, Marko may eat people with beautiful eyes almost every night, but I believe there is something to say for the instinctive reactions of small human children ...

Great atmosphere building in the bar! I got the impression that Sylvie might not be exactly human either - or at least a human with extraordinary abilities.

However that may be, I enjoyed this chapter as much as the last one. :)
10/8/2015 c1 Black Zora
This is beautiful! You have a mesmerizing way with words.

I love how you portray Marko as well as the other Boys as mischievous, yet deadly troublemakers in their supposedly neverending summer holiday, and also how you give us a little bit of his backstory.

I am definitely looking forward to more. :D
10/7/2015 c1 2miseryXlovesXmyXcompanyX
Oh. My. GOOOD. This is so well written. Unlike anything Ive encountered on this site. Kudos to you, man! I loved it! Can't wait to read more!