for Passing the Torch

7/4 c13 10young justice 17
This is a good story but I have a question for you. I have learned from reading fanfictions and writing my own that when a writer writes certain parts in their fanfics, they are in a sense writing their own opinions of the series that they're writing about. My question is, is this what you think about the battles on Namek that Krillin, Piccolo, and Goku had with Frieza. That they were just playing around? You know that isn't right, right? I've seen the series and when Krillin threw his destructo disk at Frieza, he didn't have enough time to think of where to aim, he had to act and he did. As for Piccolo no one knew that Frieza had another transformation until he revealed it and they were all just shocked by the power that Frieza had that they couldn't really do anything and Goku gave it his all with his battle with Frieza, King Kai even told Yamcha, Tien, and Chiaotzu, that Goku was using the Kaioken through the whole fight, sure there was a part of Goku that enjoyed the fight but he knew the stakes and was taking the entire thing seriously, not playing around. Also there really wasn't any boasting from anyone other than Vegeta but that's Vegeta, he thinks he's special because he's the "prince of saiyans".

I'm sorry if I sound like I'm ranting and bagging on you. I get that everyone has their own opinions on this kind of thing. I just feel that you should probably try and take another look at the series because things were pretty intense with Frieza.

I really have no excuse for Vegeta except, he's a classic saiyan.

Anyway good story, I'm really hoping to see a Gohan and Videl romance in the future. I really hope you continue this story.
4/11/2018 c18 13MD
This fic is so amazing, I love it! 3
12/18/2017 c18 Anonymous
I really liked this fic
But I think you vastly overpowered Gohan
He trained moderately at best after namek, meaning he would be much much weaker than Goku or Vegeta when coming to heaven
And to catch up to Goku and Vegeta in a couple days is absurd as well as turning to ssj, rage boost or not, he should have been able to so badly dominate them. Apart from this fact all others were good
Though I don't understand why King Kai does not help Goku and picollo and others too with the same weighted training as Vegeta
Goku and Gohan could focus on being ssj being in that state
Update soon
9/16/2017 c4 FaithInLife
Excellent chapter. I love how you explored Yamcha's feelings. It's a very dark and fatalistic view of the world and his life, but quite understandably so. The time jumps you do are a little odd to me but I like it all the same and I'm adding this to my follows so I can catch up the most recent update. I want to compliment you on how well written it is. I know you said English isn't your first language, but I'll be damned if there aren't native speakers that wish they could write the way you do. I'm looking forward to reading more! Thank you for sharing :)
11/13/2016 c4 11darkprincess888
Good chapter.
11/13/2016 c3 darkprincess888
Nice chapter.
11/13/2016 c2 darkprincess888
The scene with baby Trunks and Vegeta was so cute.
Vegeta remembering Trunks in his last moments was touchy.
11/13/2016 c1 darkprincess888
Wow. This one was quite nice. I was wondering Chichi having another child?
Good chapter.
10/24/2016 c16 HaxedFTW
Why is story so good? Oh my god is this amazing! The old school throwbacks to characters that Toriyama threw to the side are phenomenal and there's actually great character development as well! This story is a gem that needs to be shared with the Dragon Ball Fandom.
10/6/2016 c15 DaOneInDaCorner520
Absolutely fantastic, and it's really getting me excited for what I originally suspected of being a novelization of the Future Timeline, but instead I'm getting an AU and I'm beyond hyped to see what occurs next.
10/3/2016 c1 DaOneInDaCorner520
I enjoy the writing, if anything I'm only confused as to whether this is a novelization of the Future Timeline, or if it's going to go on it's own separate path entirely.
9/26/2016 c13 1Ryuujin96
This story is great, but neither Piccolo or Goku could have defeated Freiza like Gohan thought they could. Vegeta after the boost he got from Krillin nearly killing might have stood a chance against third form Freiza, but by that time Freiza was going into his final form. Goku might have been able to do some damage if he had used Kaioken x 20 right away, but it was shown that Freiza could increase his power to fifty percent of his maximum pretty quickly, so he would have survived the attack in my opinion. You are right if your talking about Super Saiyan Goku's fight vs Freiza though. Great chapter again and I am looking forward to the next one.
9/24/2016 c13 X3runner
I would have preferred you taking his character on with a more darthTyrannosaurus but old Ben kenobi is a good way to take it too both prefer to verbally disarm there opponents first is just that one is more openly aggressive but both are cool ways to take gohan keep up the good work
9/19/2016 c11 5nimedhel09
Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh! This was good. In the anime, we only got to see Gohan in control or exhausted when in SS, so it was pretty interesting to see him lose control of himself... getting drunk on power?

But yeah, what did Goku expect? He was aggressive as well the first time he turned SS. Sure, he didn't harm anyone other than Frieza, but he wasn't frustrated like Gohan.
9/18/2016 c11 X3runner
Gohan went full broly and it rocked. Your story is incredibly good keep it up.
21 Page 1 2 Next »