for Still Waters

6/7/2018 c4 1Demented Noodles
Crap! This is unfinished! I gotta say though, I like this terrifying side of Lara. and I want more of this amazing story. Please?!
6/7/2018 c3 Demented Noodles
Holy hell, the fight was intense. I do however think that one less stupid move on the part of her assailants and she'd be dead. Luck was still on her side, I guess.
6/6/2018 c2 Demented Noodles
Again, the writing! Damn! I'd love to see what you would do with a Lara/Sam fluff piece with this level of writing!
6/6/2018 c1 Demented Noodles
the quality of the writing here is amazing! And the way you portrayed Lara was just brilliant! Though, I do wish she opens up more with her friends, I am extremely intrigued by that side of Lara even though I understand that's not the direction you intend to go in.
12/24/2015 c4 Webber82
awesome! Hope you write more of it! :D
12/12/2015 c4 Iris-Stephenie
So impressive, you seem to know Lara in depth. Please continue, I'm really amazed by your quality of writing; it's superb, one that you'll bite your nails with it!
11/13/2015 c4 10HeidiW
Mon Dieu. You absolutely nail Miss Croft every single time.

The ruthlessness. The desperation. The grit. The resolve.

The regret. The remorse. The pain. The fear.

Absolutely loved the standoff with the Trinity dude in the zodiac - she is still clutching to her remaining humanity, even if it sometimes puts her own life at risk. She hasn't quite devolved into the monster I'm sure Trinity has described in their training pamphlets. May it always be so.

Of course, if you're going to betray Lara Croft for nothing more than cold hard cash, then all bets are off. She was wonderfully ominous and sinister in that exchange - your depiction of her complete control over the situation was intoxicating. Her physical power...*sighs*

Oh, and that bit about Lara's arse? It really is becoming her new signature physical attribute, isn't it?
11/13/2015 c4 7Reckreator
I like the action in this. I'm not expert at diving but it reads pretty real to me. It's also nice seeing Lara being resourceful, especially in a situation which seems impossible.
I love your work, keep it up.
11/12/2015 c3 10HeidiW
Ha! Wanted to make a quadriplegic of Lara, did you, Trinity dudes? How's it feel now? Huh? Huh? Take that dose 'o Mama!

Seriously though, what a sequence! Your ability to make the reader experience that overpowering sense of peril and desperation is as brilliant as ever - I could feel my throat constrict slightly as Lara's last moments of consciousness ebbed from her. And when she slowly drew her legs straight against the Trinity dude's skull - the visceralness! It's one of the things I admire so much about your Lara - she will do whatEVER it takes to stay alive, no matter how ruthless or brutal. She just won't go down - she always finds a way. Gotta love her. ;)

Oh, and that AU introspection about her "proper" self? Masterful. Her mixed emotions about her possible alternate reality was beautifully written, the reference to Frost perfectly inserted. Her utter ruthlessness and brutality weighing against a disdain for her father's work and reputation. There is no win-win here. Exactly as it should be for Lara.

And through it all, the continued weighing on her conscience of her ruthlessness is just icing on the literary cake. She'll take whatever action is necessary without hesitation and pay the psychological price afterwards.

Just sad that this latest lovely fic is over though...dang it.

Really, REALLY hope there will be others :D
11/9/2015 c2 12nomuse
A lady doesn't wander all over the room and blow on some other guy's dice!

The "Thunderball" reference almost took me out of it but it worked - was mentally referencing those great (and savage) underwater fights as I read.
11/7/2015 c2 10HeidiW
Good God...

Two chapters in and my toes are curled up with the incessantly building tension in this piece...

Loved the vignette with Sam, btw - it was a lovely read but also served as a stress amplifier, as Lara's fate continued to lurk in the back of my mind...

And what a fate...no one does action scenes more vividly. Or viscerally. Your description of Lara's wounds were brilliant, even if they made me cringe at the toll they were obviously taking - but then, one of the reasons we love Lara so much is her uncanny ability to just keep pushing herself.

But now I have to wonder how she can push herself any further; she's out of air, out of energy, she's wounded, she's unarmed...Lady Luck has indeed abandoned our gal.

A bloody masterpiece. Literally, to boot.
10/29/2015 c1 7lazarus wolf
Hmmmmm... writers block eh? Very, very, very... heh...
Amazing.
GO ON... RUB IT IN!
10/29/2015 c1 9The Demon's Reflection
Good start. It kinda bums me out that I won't be able to read anymore of it, though, since I'm taking a hiatus from all things Tomb Raider until the Ps4 release date. But on the bright side I suppose that means, that I'll be able to read the backlog of content.
10/29/2015 c1 10HeidiW
And this is the result of a writing block? God help us poor hacks...

Your prose is as beguiling as ever...Lara is slowly turning into a female Captain Nemo, what with her growing isolation from the world and resulting social paranoia. It all makes for a painful (though lovely) read: it's a shame that such a beautiful soul is slowly withdrawing from Humanity.

I suppose it's not surprising she accepted her inheritance in such conditions; at this point, her desire to make her own way in life is her default condition - her inheritance no longer holds sway on that aspect, one way or another. So why not use it to fund her research/obsession?

One faint ray of hope is her lingering affection for Roth - a thin tendril of vestigial humanity still remains there, at least. May she never lose it.

An absolutely amazing read, especially considering its supposed "teething problems" - and of course, the cliffhanger to bring us back for more.

As if we need it ;)