FanFiction.Net
for Its my party, and I'll cry if I want to

11/3/2017 c1 malleys8
I just finished the last of this author's stories listed on her story index page. Throughout my read, I was always entertained. Very eager to find out what the next line, chapter story had to say. I was never disappointed at having read any of her stories (although, "Elevator Ride" was my least favorite). Luckily, this story "It's My Party and I'll Cry if I want to," was the best way for the string to end. I look forward to reading as many stories as she is willing to write and publish (on FanFiction, or otherwise). I'm sure you'll enjoy them as well.
8/2/2016 c2 30The-KLF
Brilliant! Nice to see the organisation of the surprise! :-)
8/2/2016 c1 The-KLF
Aww this had me really sad for Rick! But then happy that everyone was there for him after all!
4/3/2016 c2 Phaerre
This was fun! Thanks for sharing your imagination!
3/13/2016 c2 Manxkid
what a sweet story and just what Castle would love!
This was adorable

Alexis calling Kate to make sure that she really is coming to the party and letting Kate know how Rick would be if she canceled at the last minute .
That Kate can hear the concern in Alexis voice and then her softing when Kate assures her she will come :))

Then When the plan comes together to give Rick something no one has a surprise party for him :))
Kate also realizing that she wants to let Rick know that she wants more , that she no longer wants to ignore and fight her feelings for Rick :))

This definitely needs a part 3 with them together alone at the loft :)))

11/15/2015 c1 Guest
Unfortunately this trips over the line from practical joke to just cruel for me.
11/15/2015 c2 Guest
Sorry this explanation does not justify what Alexis said about her nickname. It absolutely was taking things too far because it was just cruel. Just her blowing off their Halloween plans was heartbreaking enough to throw him off, she didn't need to add the nickname thing too, and the fact that she and Kate don't see that is really sad. Nothing you can say can justify it or make it right. Really wish you would have just had them admit Alexis took it too far instead of trying to justify it, they shouldn't have had to break Castle's heart in order to surprise him. Then you brush it off at the end saying Kate thought he forgot about it because of the smile on his face, seriously I don't think you understand how serious it was. I am sick of everyone hurting Castle all the time and then just blowing it off, if you are going to have Alexis say something so hurtful there needs to be consequences, it's serious thing and needs to be treated as such. Sorry but that ruined this entire story for me, it could have been cute, but having Alexis being absolutely cruel in order for Kate to surprise Rick, then blowing it off and acting like it is a totally ok thing to do it really messed up. Rick has feeling just like everyone else and I wish people would show even a little bit of respect for them. It might be nice if showed them a few days after the party and Rick still has some lingering hurt and has a talk with Alexis, where he says that while he enjoyed the party what she said really hurt him, then have Alexis not to try to justify but realize she did in deed take things to far and maybe have Kate there so she realizes that too.

Sorry for the rant but this really bugged me and I hated how you kind of blew it off and didn't take it as seriously as you should have.
11/15/2015 c2 Maria
WELL DONE! I love this idea and I like your writing. Hope we will learn about the next "step" too? Can't wait to read more of this ...
Perfect

11/15/2015 c2 TORONTOSUN
I like how they all fooled Rick. And the respond he gives, priceless.
11/15/2015 c2 9theputz913
Wish you would do a part three where we see them after the party when they finally get a chance to talk...alone about what this all means for them.
11/15/2015 c2 3elvander72
Love it. Love your writing.
11/1/2015 c1 Guest
This was a cute little story, and we know that Beckett can and has tricked him before. I agree with another reviewer that at first I thought Alexis telling Castle she didn't like her nickname anymore was harsh, but since I figured you were going where you did, it made sense. I'm a little surprised he didn't wonder why there were 4 officers there to escort him to the precinct, since that's really overkill, but that's minor and could be put down to distraction.

One small issue - they never uncuffed him, so how could Alexis be in his arms?
11/1/2015 c1 Guest
Fantastic:))

Wow poor Castle :(( you had me going there too .

Kate pulling off her first surprise party for him with everyone helping :))

Funny and then so sweet