for Strong In The Real Way

9/13/2018 c1 Guest
Oh what a delightful little tale!

Amusing to see it started by a simple logistical problem in their interstellar journey. You'd think they would know better than to trust a saiyan stomach. Has Bulma forgotten Goku considered a centipede nice favoring for his dinner?

And of course Bulma has a food tester device.

Nice to see this young Gohan, cheerful and bright. So many I read seem to have him cast darker or such. But then those are later in the series as I like the Android Saga. But anyway, I like how you write Gohan here, with the cute alien being the thing that sets him off.

You did a good job with the fight. Wasnn't expecting that thing with the ship.

Gohan sparing her because of his experience with Piccolo makes this work very well. The fact his father also spared Vegeta come to mind.

Zangya bursting out of the food had me laughing. And then she starts reprimanding Gohan like that! What a scene for Krillin and Bulma to witness.

"Yeah. Was that bad?" Kaha! So sweet.

I agree with Bulma it is nostalgic. Stumbling unto an adventure, overcoming a foe, and making a friend; its like Dragonball classic. And Gohan didn't really get that build up. Unlike Goku he was thrown into lethal high stakes situations from the start witnessing his father's death and knowing the fate of the world hung in the balance. So i find it very sweet that here he gets an adventure he can look back on fondly, like his father.

Well done.
9/15/2018 c1 38Eduard Kassel
Huh, I thought I reviewed this story already.

Well, once more with feeling then.

Okay then, nice mundane need for the detour. An army marches on its stomach they say, and two super powerful fighters plus a tech wizard fly on the same stuff.

Silly of them to use a Saiyan stomach to gauge food. Bulma I guess forgot Goku dined on timber wolf with centipede for flavor during their first adventure.

And Bulma of course whips up the perfect gadget for the occasion.

Gohan on his own exploring a strange new world, making a friend and stumbling onto adventure. Just like classic Dragon Ball.

Nice banter between the two. Good idea aging Zangya down to near Gohan, and having Bojack and the Galaxy Soldiers be an ourtfir like the PTO or something.

The fight ewas a good description showoing them at roughly the same levrel it seemed but Gohan ultimately held the edge even with that ship trick. Which klead into his little speech.

Him sparing her because of his experince with Piccolo lets this gfell natural. Along with the fact, thaty Zangya is a kid here. The facrt she seems more depressed than the usual villain rage after a develops her smoothly.

His father spared Piccolo and they wouldn't have beaten Raditz without him and then there was what Gohan covered. All because Goku showed mercy to someone most would say at the time didn't deserve it.

"Yeah. Was that bad?"

From the moment Zangya popped out of box the finale was smile funny. Like Bulma it left me nostalgic for Dragon Ball. The adventure overcoming a challenge and making new friends. Gohan didn't really get that in canon DBZ. He was thrown from an earl age into high stakes conflicts where the fate of the world was in the balance. He didn't get silly villains to warm up on like the Pilaf Gang, or serious but relatively weak ones like the Red Ribbon Army.

Small wonder he never took to the life like Goku.

So with this story its nice to see Gohan get an adventure he can look back on fondly rather than with dread.

And then there is Zangya getting actual character here beyond the beautiful evil warrior.

Well done.
7/20/2018 c1 RKF22
love this couple wish there was more
7/19/2018 c2 iikd
5/9/2018 c1 1gabelou1991
J'aime c'est drôle bien écrit et la fin peut laisser pense que Zangya est enceinte j'attends la suite.
3/7/2018 c1 1ghiblilover
oh please turn this into a full story. your writing is really good and I want to see what happens next with Gohan and zangya
5/8/2016 c1 nightmaster000
Really awesome oneshot. Any chance of making this into a full story. Would love to see how Chi Chi would react to Gohan coming back to earth with a girlfriend.
11/27/2015 c1 mdhunter111
Great story so far. Please continue soon. Looking forward to it! Thanks, and I hope you had a great Thanksgiving!
11/9/2015 c1 2Jmac99
I loved this one shot. I think it would be great to see a continuation of this and I would definitely read that story.
11/7/2015 c1 iiSaw
Your the best.
Please continue!
11/8/2015 c1 Pizzadude5665
Great chapter! I'm already hooked! I love the idea of gonna finding a friend at a young age especially since their interactions are already so adorable ;) also considering since its zangya it's such a breath of fresh air great chance of a romance in the future and maybe have them become rivals similar to goku/vegeta also. I love it!
11/6/2015 c1 1Drama Llama-Sama
This was really, really cool. I actually like Zangya (insert shameless desire here). Mostly because she's a character with no.. character. Which means you have a chance to create a personality for her. I mean, obviously, she was not a good person in the movie, but it's possible she has the potential to become better. Possible, but who knows? But that's what we do, as fanfiction writers. We take characters and give them a chance to shine when they didn't before. We make something of characters that we're pretty much nothing.
And this, honestly, was done well. I can see Zangya being really helpful on Namek. I hope you decide to make a story out of this sometime.

Desktop Mode . Twitter . Help . Sign Up . Cookies . Privacy . Terms of Service