for Narglatch in Shaak's Clothing

12/9/2016 c13 3isaakfvkampfer
Can't believe it stucks here.

Plagueis no doubt noticed Sheev, maybe during his involvement with certain senators with whom Palps also socializes. I am thinking the red crystal is not the Force's will but the manipulative Sith's.

Set the natural eccentricities of the duo aside, they have a relatively common master-padawan relationship. Does Yoda still meet Palps regularly?

At first I thought Palpatine giving himself to the Jedi Order was the Dark Side trying to sow the seed into enemy territory, but now I think it's more like the Light Side, or the Force itself, taking the singularity under its wings to see what sprout grew out of it.

Somehow I am not too worried about Palpy's potential Fall via some involvement with Plagueis. He is 20 and a seasoned padawan, not the 17-year-old impulsive and abused teen. Naturally he holds everyone at arm's length. He will see what the Muun is able to give him, but I think he is not that OK with carrying on Sith's Grand Plan because being part of the Sith Order. He is pragmatic and it's more likely he would just leave the Jedi Order and runs for politics.

Jedi's tendency of sending young man to face their greatest demons before/as the trial is legendarily foolish. Remember Xanatos?

Really hope you haven't abandon this fic. The AU is intoxicating.
7/24/2016 c13 31Girlbender875
Can I punch Cosinga in the face? I really want to punch him in the face. Or better yet, Dooku and Sheev should have busied themselves really quickly as soon as that sadistic freak showed up. The title of the chapter really worried me into thinking Sheev was going to do something he really shouldn't, but Dooku (sort of) held him in check, which is good. We don't want slaughter in the middle of a public place, now, do we? Honestly, Sheev, you're supposed to be *good* at controlling your behavior! Admittedly, I would be ready to lose it with a dad like that.

Okay, now Dooku, here's some parenting advice: tell Sheev his dad is a piece of trash and Sheev is a great-wait, let's rephrase that... he's a good-nope, gotta rephrase again... he's a quasi decent Jedi who is capable of great things if he behaves himself and actually follows the Code. Cheer him up! XD

As much as Cosinga is a jerk, though, I can't help but actually heed his advice a little at the end... Sheev is a little twisted (not that you made it any better, Cosinga, you waste of genes!)

Great chapter! :)
7/11/2016 c13 Sage of Wind Dragons
oh dear... Hugo Damask all ALONE true worry, it something that gives the CHANCE... to his defeat...
well wonder what lacky he drummed up right now.

the thing is hed be just the type to want BOTH Master and Aprentice and without being forced into the mantle of Master yet, perhaps... well the flexabiltiy of a lone sith is an interesting thing indeed.
Palpatine on his TRIALS... I always oy the jedis actually aware of ranks more, padwan then Knight then master then experienced master in a lot of ways it lends one self onto more personal growth rather than that spurred on by the fear of age crushing you in.
so vulnerable as an order.. their is a REASON it is in hiding... still. fun times!
course Palp might make another friend that is all jedi and ahs his own ties to Nabboo... hmmm.
so much fun to be had!
7/11/2016 c13 61Celgress
Still much of the Palpatine we knew is present in this AU version. For a minute there I thought he just might strike down his father, in spite of Dooku's attempts at defusing the situation.
7/11/2016 c13 10Lord Darth Yoda
I still don't quite understand what exactly Consigna meant when talking about Sheev in the Plageuis novel and this chapter doesn't help make it any clearer (No offense). I feel like he was implying Sheev was Dark Side from the moment he was born or he just was an abusive a-hole who wanted to constantly goad his son. Like I said it and much of that early Palpatine stuff was confusing.
Otherwise I really like this chapter. I figure the Dark Side is strong here because Plageuis is around but I also had the idea that plain and simple the Dark Side knows what it possibly lost to the Jedi and has been in angry turmoil ever since.
7/11/2016 c1 94lunarchroniclesandcockatiels
Ooooo... Very, very interesting!
7/11/2016 c13 38Brievel
For once, I actually cheered Dooku on here, putting Cosinga down the way he did. I have to admit, I really, really, *really* *hate* that man. As in, could watch him be vaporized like happened to Sly Moore with only a vaguely disinterested satisfaction.
6/13/2016 c12 31Girlbender875
As soon as I read the title for the chapter, I just said, "oh boy, what did Palpatine do?" This surprisingly wasn't as gruesome or dark as I was expecting, but I think that's a good surprise; Palpatine's not an innocent little lamb, but that stunt wasn't too far off the mark for what one might expect of him as a Jedi. It seemed rather like something any other not-so-perfect Padawan (coughAnakincough) would do. Of course it doesn't bode well for the future, though...

lol, Dooku being all embarrassed. Man that guy's so full of himself you just want to smack him on the head sometimes.

Wonderful chapter! :)
6/13/2016 c12 61Celgress
An intriguing glimpse into Palpatine's inner nature. Dooku is well to fear what might happen.
6/13/2016 c12 10Lord Darth Yoda
I'm almost starting to think that just because I know canon Palps so well I'm almost misjudging this version. He almost seems like he's a dark gray as opposed to flat out Sith no matter what. Kind of like what I think Anakin could have been if things had been different. Now does that mean it's possible or am I as blind to Palps as Dooku...? Hmm...
6/13/2016 c12 38Brievel
Helps if the teacher is capable of it.
3/24/2016 c11 31Girlbender875
Have I reviewed this story? I don't think I have, hm... what an injustice on my part! I really like the premise of this story, and you're doing a fantastic job portraying Palpatine and Dooku in this scenario. I like how Palpatine actually shows some humanity in this and is eager to please Dooku, even if he does still have some pretty malicious tendencies.

I was really surprised with the idea of Qui-Gon being Dooku's apprentice before Palpatine, mainly because I never realized Qui-Gon was older than Palpatine; so strange to think about!

It's interesting getting Dooku's POV about being a Jedi; his motives for becoming a Sith in the canon storyline are so different than the usual "evil" guy. I relate to his and Palpatine's frustration about only putting a "band aid over the bullet hole," as the saying goes.

Now if only Dooku and Palpatine would stop playing the "let's see who can be more mysterious" game they might be able to actually, you know, talk and sort out their problems. It seems like that is a problem a lot of Jedi have. *coughAniandObicough*

Wonderful job! Can't wait to see where this goes!
3/13/2016 c11 61Celgress
Very interesting chapter that show great insight into both Dooku and Palpatine's deeper characters in this AU.
3/13/2016 c11 10Lord Darth Yoda
I almost think it's not Palps who isn't trying to get Dooku's approval it's Dooku seeking Palp's. He's always less than strict and seems to try and keep Palps happy or at least pleasant with him. Sure it could just be him trying to not repeat the mistakes he felt he made with Qui-Gon but there's something off about the whole thing. Now if Dooku is doing it himself or being manipulated through the Force to act that way remains to be seen.
3/13/2016 c11 38Brievel
He could be such a hero, but I think he need(s? ed?) a better Master.
56 Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »