FanFiction.Net
for Spirit of Winter's Chill

12/24/2023 c1 LuckyMe1
This was a fantastic story! I really enjoyed the conversations between Sam and Jack Frost. Well done.
10/28/2023 c1 Chiiiva
Oh, what a great story! thanks for sharing
8/20/2022 c1 ZeldaIsis
Just fantastic! I’ve read this so many times and it’s still good.
9/18/2020 c1 Mistycat
Beautiful. Thank you.
5/19/2020 c1 ngregory763
This is fascinating! Sam is trying so hard and now this guy?! Please update soon?
12/16/2018 c1 JaniceC678
Awww...what a wonderful Christmas fairy-tale hunt! Loved it!
12/2/2017 c1 Salishaventura
What a heartwarming story! Beautiful, I loved it. Thanks so much!
10/31/2017 c1 Iuvsbruce
This was really beautiful! Thank you!
6/9/2017 c1 LittleLurker
A really good story and beautifully written as well!
I've also felt a little sorry for Jack Frost, which is why I liked Sam's idea of why he must have found peace eventually. Oh, and I loved the ending with the Winter Lord touching up their room!

I came here from K Hanna's favourite stories... actually, I've no idea why I didn't try this a lot (like YEARS) earlier... but well, better late than never.
I've really enjoyed this one but what I liked even more is that I found another proficient writer and I will now be a frequent reader - until I've read all your SPN stories (at the very least). Thanks for sharing your work here! Cheers, D.
6/1/2017 c1 12Frosty Autumn
Wow, what a wonderful, enchanting idea you had here! I wouldn't have thought of adding Jack Frost to the Supernatural roster, but hey, look, here it is, and it fits better than I could have thought! I'm almost mad I didn't think of it first...

I actually found this story from an another unrelated author's Favorites list, I wasn't even looking for Supernatural stuff tonight. What a lucky score for me. I was just so terribly intrigued when I read the description. At the immediate mention, I was like, "Jack Frost? Sold." Folkloric figures always draw me in, I love folklore.

The beginning started off so strongly, and that was it, I was hooked. I want to sleep so bad, but I had to see this through to the end, all in one go. Very clever choice of conflict, it got me so good. Plus, good on you for the hitch in Sam's plan just before the end (where Jack discovers the journal while Sam is away). Things can never be TOO easy for them, afterall. I was actually HOPING that some sort of set-back would happen just before "the stroke of midnight", because until that point the slow thawing of Jack Frost's heart was coming about just a little too smoothly...

One thing, I felt that maybe some parts felt like they were going too fast in the middle section. Not as in the transitions to the next day, I actually really liked those cuts (normally I don't, but I actually like the breezy, airy stride of this one, it fits wonderfully with the tone, I think) but I mean some parts like the filler in between dialogue, such as expansion on description or feelings.
But that's okay, it's really not a big deal, it didn't dampen my enjoyment, the description was satisfactory still and I saw the story play out well in the end, and if you feel this was the correct way to present your idea, keep it just the way you have it. This is your vision and I'm just reading it, afterall xD

Also, just one teeny tiny, itsy bitsy (miniscule really) thing that's just been nipping at my brain. This fic hasn't been ticked off as 'Complete', lol. I need the closure! I need the official stamp to harken this fic's well deserved end so that I may be truly satisfied!

Anyway, yes, in conclusion, this one is a winner, I liked it quite a lot! :D The wintery picture just brought beautiful images in my head, and the brotherly bond coming through was the perfect heartwarmer to ward away the imagined chill I got from the plentiful descriptions of frost.
It feels kind of off that I'm reading this story at the beginning of summer...
9/20/2016 c1 44Sealure
Ok, WOW. One of the best stories I have read in any fandom on this entire site. Well done! The plot was engaging and it flowed. There were no stilted parts where it didn't quite seem to connect. The boys were completely in character the whole time, and this is all around just a spectacular piece of literature. Keep it up!
~~Lityalle
3/7/2016 c1 Guest
This was like an adorable fairy tale :)
3/1/2016 c1 Ne'ith5
Ahhhhh..sweet! Loved it. And a very, very, very belated Merry Christmas to you!
1/13/2016 c1 78MusketeerAdventure
This was such a wonderful story; and I especially loved the way you told the story day by day, with Jack Frost's heart melting moment by moment. The ending was well done with lots of angst and brotherly love! I am so glad for the opportunity to read this - thank you!
1/6/2016 c1 A fan of SPN
Wonderfully written & that's what the brothers are about ! Thanks so much for this story ...
41 Page 1 .. Last Next »