for The Youxia Bond

7/25/2019 c26 Difdi
The prophecy the Jedi had of the Chosen One said he would “bring balance to the Force and destroy the Sith.” The word and in there is critically important. The Jedi always thought “by” whenever someone said “and” but the Tao is duality. The only way to destroy the Sith and balance the Force would require the destruction of the Jedi Order as well. If the Jedi had ever considered what that “and” meant they’d have tried to kill the Chosen One on sight!
1/4/2019 c27 Guest
Je'daii is not canon anymore. It's Legends only.

(So is the reinstatement of Barriss into the Jedi, by the way. Although I personally like to imagine that they chose not to execute her because they determined that she actually suffered some neurological and/or psychological damage from the brain parasites.)

I wonder how everyone feels about Ahsoka's current status in canon. Potential spoiler, I guess:

I'm quite happy to know that she's still around even after the fall of the Empire, and I really look forward to finding out about her and Sabine's search for Ezra (and Thrawn). And given that she's my favorite character in all of Star Wars, I hold out hope that maybe one day she'll even make it into a live-action film. Cyborg crime boss Maul made it, so why not Snips aka Fulcrum aka The Best?
1/4/2019 c26 Guest
You should check out the cover of "The Ghost of Tom Joad" by Rage Against the Machine. Yes, really. It's good.
11/6/2018 c27 2steamrick
Thank you for sharing the story with us :)
11/6/2018 c27 Oliver W.K. Twist
Great finale to an amazing story, and while I'm fine with you taking my comment about this being over far too soon as an exaggerated compliment, it wasn't intended that way. I frequently read stories that break the 300k mark, I've even read a couple that pass a million, I like *long* stories. Now, onto content, or really the AN... anyway, liking your summary of the future of the galaxy in the aftermath of the collapse of the Republic, you mentioned a likely return to the Old Code, I was half hoping for a return to the even older Je'daii code, before realizing that as being distinctly unlikely on a planet with a Lightside Vergence on it, if you're curious however,
There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.
There is no fear, there is power.
I am the heart of the Force.
I am the revealing fire of light.
I am the mystery of balance with chaos and harmony,
Immortal in the Force.
It was used by the oldest organization of force users the galaxy, other than the Dancers that you've added, the Je'daii, who espoused a balance between light and dark and were centered on a planet, Tython, with two moons, one a Lightside Vergence, the other a Darkside one. They eventually had a schism and became the Jedi and Sith.
On the terminology for the relationship, the phrase comes from French, so four would be menage a quatre, and five would be menage a cinq, the last part is just a number the first two mean "pair of."
One last time on this story, I loved it and it was over far too soon, I hope to see more from this version of the universe you've created, and will be at least looking at anything else you write. Keep up the good work.
11/5/2018 c27 2nashmeira
Always such a joy to see you update and this was a great story. I think you could have done on Elmore chapter with meeting the parents but I digress I think that might have just fallen into the vain of crack fiction.
11/5/2018 c27 Armiture
A good ending to a good story, I look forward to seeing more of whichever story you focus on next.
11/5/2018 c27 Keij
Psst, since ménage à trois is French, you continue to use the same language for the phrase as it increases.. ménage à quatre, ménage à cinq.

Otherwise, a nice tale overall.
10/3/2018 c26 Oliver W.K. Twist
I love this story and am sad to see it go, it's one of the best Star Wars stories I've read, though far too short. Despite your response to my previous comment, I think you have the perfect setting for a sequel, no need for an overarching plot, though if one emerges organically that's another matter. The way you're ending this lends itself perfectly to an episodic format, a series of connected stories, the Bond going around trying to solve problems in the Rim. I don't have the skill to write that kind of thing, and I really wasn't able to glean enough about Jenni' s character to feel comfortable writing her, I just don't know her well enough for her to speak to me, which is how I write characters. Alternately, a prequel is an option, writing about the end of her civilization, that would interest me, but that is of course up to you. Again, I loved this story, I hope to see more good work from you in the future.
9/19/2018 c25 Oliver W.K. Twist
Great chapter, I'll be sad to see it end so soon. Do you have any plans or ideas for a sequel?
Just wanted to point out, your AN is duplicated.
In any event, I look forward to your next anxiously.
9/4/2018 c22 3skywiseskychan
I love it, all the technicalities that keep people from being Jedi. Pretty soon if she's quick enough she'll have one of the masters "disband" the Jedi order, or even better, she'll disband it herself so that there are no jedi any more. That fixes things pretty quickly.
8/30/2018 c22 Oliver W.K. Twist
Great chapters, the last two, I've been busy so I only just got to them. Thaw anticipation for the next is killing me, keep up the great work.
8/21/2018 c21 3Raved Thrad
With the way Jenni is able to draw on and yet pull away from her anger and hate, I wonder if she might make a good student of Vaapad, or maybe even Juyo itself. Of course, getting training in either would present a significant challenge in and of itself.
8/21/2018 c18 Raved Thrad
After being exposed to "Backstroke of the West," every time I see this scene I can't help but change the lines in my head. "Dedicate the body for your speaker," along with the rest, is just so ludicrous a line it overpowers the actual dialogue, even as I watch the scene in its original form.
8/21/2018 c21 paladin3030
Ah you forgot to tell us what Order 67 does?
61 Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »