for The Youxia Bond

4/2/2018 c13 Oliver W.K. Twist
Great chapter, keep up the good work. If I recall correctly, in the canon that started with Zahn's books, Barriss survived the purges, remaining on Felucia until after the New Jedi Order was established. On the other hand, she'd long since fallen into the dark side again by the time she was found, so...
Looking forward to the next update.
3/20/2018 c12 Oliver W.K. Twist
Great chapter, keep up the good work. Looking forward to the next update. A thought just occurred, how does the way Jenni interacts with the Tao/Force affect the way the veil of the dark side messes with perceptions? And for Ahsoka now? Of course, that's me assuming the veil is a canon/EU/Legends thing, and not just Vimes' headcanon.
3/20/2018 c12 7raw666
Good job and I wonder who have a worst reaction to Jenni. The Jedi after being told that for years they've been doing it wrong with proff since she is more in line to the light then they are? The Sith for being what is consconsider Dark Force slaves that seems more inline to reality? Or humans centerlist in the Core World for human's homeworld isn't a Core World, but in what they call the backwards and scum of the Galaxy, the Outer Rim? I guess its by which ego is hurt more or piss off.
3/6/2018 c11 1Neihaera
... You know, there were many flaws in the Anime Addventure (KLSymph will never admit to being one of the biggest, but there you go) ... but a lack of feedback was never one of them.
Re. Star Wars - The Original Trilogy (4,5 & 6) are the Source. Anything made by the hand of man is flawed, but George and Co. were heroes on this. RoTJ was the weakest of the three, and still stands head and shoulders over the rest of the material.
The Prequels ... fell short of expectation. And really, I'm starting to think Jar Jar was a pointed message to Abrams the bugger simply didn't get. Still filled in and fleshed out worlds and storylines that really couldn't have been filled any other way, and the only real complaint I have is just how streamlined everything was. Still solid storytelling, decent characterization, some casting missteps ... earned some of the bitching about it, but I honestly think no one's serious about beating up on them anymore.

George Lucas said, at one point, the tale of the Skywalkers ended in RoTJ. I think he honestly wanted to carry on at least one more round, especially when he saw just how lavishly the fan base expanded on what he'd built, but the reception of the prequels convinced him he couldn't do it ... when Disney, through Kennedy, offered to make the attempt, he gave them the shot. Which they proceeded to shoot him in the scrotum with.

Clone Wars Saga, Rebels ... these are works by people who know, and love Star Wars. Kennedy, Johnson, and to a lesser extent Abrams, have (in my humble opinion) conclusively proven they do not. When the worst of fanfiction (this work most definitely NOT counted among such) stands higher than a multi-million dollar, major studio-backed effort, Someone Dun F\/cked Up.

Hokay ... enough ranting. Bariss Offee is not a failed, or failing Jedi Padawan ... she's a Dancer alone in the Dark. That much is painfully obvious at this point. And as much as I liked seeing Ahsoka Tano applying boot-to-buttock with paired sabers, I think she either needs to develop her single-sword skills or, in defiance of Jenni's assertion that only one crystal at a time can be attuned, find a second Terrene crystal that will resonate with the one she already carries ... khyber crystals are both (unnecessarily, in my opinion) already too rare in the galaxy and have too many draws on them. One of the reasons I prefered the Legends handling of the situation ... the crystal only mattered AS A CRYSTAL, it was the crafter's skill that made a lightsaber.
Also ... neat side-step ... Padme's going to have to leave before Jenni can warn her about the Chancellor's little side-hobby of killing the Jedi Order and subjugating the entire galaxy under his boot. Ahsoka's already tainted in the Order's eyes, her second-hand testimony is all but guaranteed to be dismissed (even with the Council's suspicion of him in place). Events steamrollering along, and Ahsoka and Jenni are too far out of play to have any significant impact.
I agree ... you've stepped up as at least a peer of Vimesenthusiast's calibre. I do think he's got you beat in overall productivity, though ... omfg, he's got chapters out that would make G.R.R. Martin sweat, at least in terms of word count. (I'm saying nothing regarding the quality of the work ... I think I've said enough of my opinion of Ser Martin's little opus).
Jenni ran over the Jedi Order's biggest single FUBAR on her first scan-through ... too much, asked of too few, at too high a cost. Can She Save Anything? See Us Next Week, Same Bat-Time, Same Bat-Channel.
3/5/2018 c11 Oliver W.K. Twist
Good chapter, keep up the good work. I think part of the reason for liking this more than some of Vimesenthusiast's stuff, is that I read so much of his that his style is kind of, normalizing now. He's one of the most skilled and consistent writers on the site, no doubts, but he's almost too regular. On your work, you're a bit more raw, natural, and I really like the world you're building up. One, very minor, complaint, you, like several others, I believe starting with Timothy Zahn's works, translate droid's alpha-numeric designations into words or word format. This is not a bad thing in and of itself, however, Ioften struggle in trying to parse the names in this format. Looking forward to the next chapter.
2/21/2018 c10 Oliver W.K. Twist
Great chapter, keep up the good work. I'm honestly enjoying this more than any of the other stories I'm reading right now, though some of Vimesenthusiasts crossovers some close. I'm really enjoying all the originsl elements, the Dancers, the Tao, Jenni and the like, plus stories covering or focusing on Ahsoka that aren't, strictly speaking at least, crossovers are surprisingly rare. Looking forward to the next update.
2/21/2018 c10 7raw666
I wonder if Palpatine tip his hand for he revealed assets he didn't want reveal until the purge happen and sent a senator that is friendly to the Jedi. Not his brightest move but then again his best plans were develop by his master if you look at Plegaus.
12/24/2017 c8 1Neihaera
Heh ... yeah, you don't "handle" Cordelia, the Admiral's Captain. If you're lucky, she doesn't decide to "handle" you.
12/24/2017 c8 Guest
So happy to have a little early Christmas present. Hope you have a great on as well.
12/20/2017 c7 Guest
Me to Asoka: Your as dense as the Stone Mountain monument Jenni told you about.

While it's not the best solution it's better then she go 'bug-nuts crazy' besides she knows a lot of cultural info that could be helpful and if you think about it if Terra is the birth place then she is the last of the original force uses. I really can't wait to see what happens when she meets someone from the council and they start talking about Tue attachment stuff and other stuff.

I know if Asoka joins in the bond she will see some of it there but talking with someone that is disenfranchised like Asoka is silent then some that has completely brought in and Drano the coolaid.
12/20/2017 c6 Guest
Hehe it's funny that the Jedi were all so durpy and never saw the bigger picture till it was to late. While I enjoyed ep2 & 3 I always when the Jedi not to be so... Dumb... Willfully ignorant of where the clones really came from. I get that in Tue beginning it was a well there here let's use then thing but come on. Your just going to take a face value the some old Jedi had the cash to but and army?
12/20/2017 c5 Guest
Hmm Anikin getting worse from the darker influences. I'm guessing we're only around a year after Asoka left the Order.
12/20/2017 c4 Guest
Okay so what to Bren sometime that the they u a very been on Trey / Terra. I would be interested to know what else they are able to fine left behind. But also what the slaves were that wiped everything out. We're they from Terra or somewhere else.
12/20/2017 c3 Guest
So there not really Khyber crystals. The bond thing also sounds interesting I'm guessing the use of Tao / Force in her time was more prevalent. Wonder how many pop wise were sensitive.
12/20/2017 c2 Guest
I can see that this story is going to directly change or be during rise of the sith.
61 « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 .. Last Next »