for Second Thoughts

1/3 c1 reisova
Nice story
5/29/2020 c1 Clare
A fab fic! You catch all the thoughts/emotions of Maria and the Captain so well and that tense dinner-table without the children to lighten the atmosphere sounds just awful :) Smart writing! Hope you post a lot more som stories in the near future.
6/9/2019 c1 42Madame Streep
Beautifully written. Amazing job! xx
5/11/2018 c1 10bloomandgrow
This was so beautifully written. It broke my heart into a million pieces. The sudden crushing of hope (for Maria) despair, the confusion, the torment. It was all so exquisitely written and so very true to each scene. And I also love that Georg is trying to be honourable to Elsa and realises that she is being extremely gracious considering how he led her on.
What a wonderful story.
1/31/2016 c1 Guest
Firstly, I am so sorry for the late review. What a wonderful and sweet Christmas story. I love the different angles of M and G's thoughts in the hours before they finally meet at the Gazebo. I love the nuances and the descriptions that you give even the smallest things - the description of her room at the abbey, the sounds of the children as she comes to the villa. They are all wonderful. The build up is filled with tension, heartache and fear with an inkling of hope.

So many emotions all rolled into one. Thank you :)
1/29/2016 c1 1bluesatinsashes
Oooh! I loved, loved, loved this one! You navigated deep into Maria and Georg's minds, in which you did a fantastic job of analyzing them. You described their pain, sorrow, humiliation, and regret so perfectly. And the fact that you kept the story within the framework of the movie made it so easy for the reader to imagine. Great story, I very much enjoyed it (and apologies for the delay in reading and reviewing...I'm slowly getting through each one)!
12/26/2015 c1 1callumrogers7
PERFECT - love all the little inner thoughts after each scene, they catch each character so well. I like that Maria wonders if she has been over familiar with Capt vT & that he calls himself a coward in matters of the heart. I like your version of the children eating earlier & the 4 adults being left to endure a tense dinner time too. I do love it all though to be perfectly honest.
12/25/2015 c1 24Mie779
Wonderful story... love how you get an inside look into their thoughts in the scenes before the Gazebo scene... very insightful... great read in this chritmas time
12/21/2015 c1 Maria
That's sweet! Thank you!
12/23/2015 c1 34lemacd
UTILITY! i love this story so much, and i know i've said this about other stories you've written but for real this is quite possibly my favorite you've ever done. i love the structure, first thought/second thought, both his and hers. you really captured the torment of their confused feelings as well as their pain at how it is affecting things around them.

re: her return, staring at the house, thinking that she's come home, only to be smacked upside the head with the news. "... she turned her full attention to them only to wish she hadn't." yes, yes, yes. loved that.

re: dinner... as he sends the children to "go and get your dinner", it makes total sense that the four adults dined together sans children (or maria begged off the meal entirely but i prefer this choice because it gives us that much more tension).

telling her that he'd make it right. yes!

elsa as his savior twice... yaaaaaasssssss.

their final thought is one and the same... kill me dead, the feels, oh, the feels. nicely done.
12/23/2015 c1 33augiesannie
I know you didn't write this "for" me, but you also know you're covering some of my favorite ground, such as Georg on the terrace hearing his children sing, and Maria's return. I totally support this view of when and how Georg discovers his feelings for Maria. (In other words, he is thinking just as much of Elsa who does not come across as a witch, and only slowly is realizing that he loves Maria). I loved the parallel structure in this story. The way they both knew the villa was "home" for Maria. I adored all Maria's different memories of her time at the villa and the way their relationship had slowly deepened. It was just a wonderful story, thanks so much for writing it.
12/23/2015 c1 11BlossomOfEdelweiss
I love the last line, "As they shared a single kiss, they shared a single thought. I love you." It wraps up the story womderfully. Lovely ending to a lovely story dealing with all the emotions.
12/22/2015 c1 21NickyW
This was a beautiful and very poignant story. Oh how easily they could have just drifted away from one another. I loved the style of this with it all leading towards the final line. Just lovely.
12/22/2015 c1 190Chelsea Oz
I like your spin on her return. I give you props for shedding a positive light on the Baroness when it was time for her and the Captain to part; I loved that part.
12/22/2015 c1 53WildMeiLing
This is wonderful! There's so much to think about from that day, so many emotions and changes, and then to bring things all together in a final, simple line. I like the structure of this story, how you took us through each setting and the way you framed their thoughts. It was very vivid, easy to picture the places as well as feel the characters' feelings. It's a lovely gift.
19 Page 1 2 Next »