for Save the Last Dance for Me

Loved this!
1/3/2021 c5 reisova
Very nice story
5/30/2020 c5 Clare
What a fab fic! I like the running theme of the Captain repeatedly asking Maria to stay for good in a number of different gentle ways, because he can see that she's troubled by something and he doesn't want to push her away again. Also it's an interesting twist that even after returning from the abbey, Maria is still struggling with identifying her feelings and that she's scared by her dreams. It's so sad when she tells the Captain she's returning to Nonnberg despite the Baroness being 'out of the picture' because she belongs there :( But I'm glad there was one final twist in that Maria was persuaded not to be a nun by a lady who had been in the same position. And such a sweet ending with Maria hugging a heartbroken Captain :) Hope you write a lot more som stories in the future. You rock!
2/18/2016 c5 28Mie779
wonderful story... very well written... and I like this AU version of them getting together...
1/2/2016 c5 33augiesannie
I hope you don't mind that I am writing one longer review instead of short ones. (I'm worried about these reviews on the site!) This was a really lovely story and I really enjoyed the recurring motif of the unfinished Laendler; you wrote those vivid dreams just the way those dreams do happen where they seem so real and then suddenly they ... aren't. I liked your really interesting AU plot, especially the part where Maria is deluged with various signs and portents telling her to go back to the villa. And I loved the swoony embrace by the lake at the end. Thanks again for writing such a special story.
12/30/2015 c5 31Lauryn Vi
This was wonderful! Congratulations on your fan fiction debut! I know this story isn't "for me", per se - but the laendler is my favourite part of the movie, and you captured it so well! I loved the variations of the dream - intense and haunting and passionate ("where I come from the gentleman doesn't kiss the lady's hand, he whispered..." *melt*).

Also loved the scene where Maria picks up the little girl and lets the kids play with her guitar - very vivid and natural! And you did a fantastic job portraying Maria's turmoil. I LOVE that bit where Maria wraps her arms around him without him reacting - it demonstrated a lot of courage and trust and was so perfect given Maria's agonizing struggle with her doubt. Well done!
12/26/2015 c5 1callumrogers7
FANTASTIC - Seriously? Your first fanfiction? You'd think you were a seasoned pro. I have enjoyed reading this story. I love the imagery when you talk about mountains protecting the lake & Capt vT's silhouette in the distance, him looking sad and gripping the gates etc. The dreams making Maria examine her feelings & scaring her at the same time is a clever idea. Him brooding & watching her with the children & her trying to avoid him is good too. The stranger prodding Maria into making the right decision, another nice touch. Perfect ending as well.
12/24/2015 c5 Guest
Your are kidding me right? Your debut?
Gosh can't wait to read what else you will write!

Amazing story loved it!
12/25/2015 c5 58gothicbutterfly95
And a beautiful debut it was too.
I loved how he didn't notice she was there until she came up to him, I thought it was a nice twist.
And they finished the dance.
12/25/2015 c4 gothicbutterfly95
Love the idea of everywhere she goes she's reminded of what she's leaving behind.
Very unique idea to have who literally did what she's done to be what finally makes everything click.
12/25/2015 c3 gothicbutterfly95
Loved the way you talked about the sea and the mountains in this part.
And that scene on the balcony was so bittersweet
12/25/2015 c2 gothicbutterfly95
Loved how you used the new dress as a metaphor for her starting over.
Also loved how you stuck very closely to the scenes in the movie in the beginning, but changed the dialogue to make it your own.
12/25/2015 c1 gothicbutterfly95
Beautiful beginning.
Loved the way you captured everything. I'm excited as to what's next
12/24/2015 c5 21NickyW
How romantic and what a lovely ending. I love how it ended on them resuming the unfinished Ländler. Beautifully written, a super Story.
12/24/2015 c5 53WildMeiLing
This was a great idea - reliving the dance in her dreams as her sleeping conscience tried to help her realize how significant it was, and ending with her finally getting to complete it. It was a creative way to frame the story. I'm glad she recognized and heeded all the other signs: the washed out roads, the newlyweds, the stranger telling her to listen to her heart. It's wild, but that does happen sometimes. Just when you're looking for a message, someone randomly delivers it, like the woman who could see instantly that Maria was suited to family life. And I like the description of the embrace when Maria finally returned for good, how she found freedom in his arms.

Now that you're here, keep writing! :) It's great fun, and I have been learning that there simply can't be too many Maria and Georg stories.
19 Page 1 2 Next »