for Yao in the Snow

9/12 c1 1Mistress Charon
What a wonderful perspective! You did a really good job with the Yao POV, I didn't mind the cursing, it fits with his personality. And the last line! A killer! Well done! I enjoyed reading this! :)
2/25 c1 2Mochimaddness
I- wow. My heart? S!
9/5/2020 c1 79HistoryISculture
I love this fic more soon please
11/7/2019 c1 31StarlingChild4
This is such a refreshing look at what might have going through Yao's head during that scene. Honestly, the swearing makes perfect sense: he's a SOLDIER! And I love how like the movie, Yao, Ling, and Chien Po totally accept Mulan as a woman, because she still saved their lives, regardless of gender. And that finishing line says it all. Hence why her three friends were so willing to help her storm the palace later: I imagine it was their way of penance for leaving her behind. Very well-written, in character ficlet!
6/25/2019 c1 Guest
I love his perspective! I would read an entire book with this grumpy, pervy, adorable assholes pov XD
3/1/2019 c1 5epsi10n
Ooh I love a good Mulan story! Everytime I watch that scene I always end up seething at how Mulan’s reward for pulling off that genius move with the avalanche was to get abandoned in the snow (even though historical patriarchal societies are probably really that unfair).

I love Yao’s bluntness. It’s super in character and it really works with the scene!
1/8/2019 c1 Guest
Ik it's been 3 years but omg I wanna sequel!
7/21/2018 c1 Wowow
It’s that last sentence that really hits home.
1/5/2018 c1 9John Smith
Really great fic! I appreciate so much that you wrote it! It's a great character study of Yao, whose thoughts we never really get to see during this, but who is such a strong character that we just know he'd have a whirling mind. Awesome subject matter, great concept, fantastic writing style, and just a really great overall story. Nice job!
3/2/2017 c1 Anonymous girl
Loved this!
1/16/2017 c1 Marqueza
Oh great goodness this is excellent.
12/11/2016 c1 CharmedRavenclaw
I really like the voice of Yao you gave here. Because if it weren't a Disney film he'd be swearing all the way :)
8/22/2016 c1 nekochan1994
Bad ass
6/7/2016 c1 Guest
Love it! So in character.
5/22/2016 c1 26RukiaGallega
Loved it! Very in character for Yao's POV. I loved how he obviosly became so close to Ping that he doesn't even dare to think he could die, or how he wonders why he went to war instead of his father. And how he still calls Shang "Pretty boy", at least to himself. :D
Also, the end was perfect, I'm sure the three of them were thinking the same.
27 Page 1 2 Next »