for What I've Learned

1/26/2016 c1 11Ana-DaughterofHades
I have been meaning to read this fic for a while, and all I can say was it was worth the wait. This story was freaking amazing. I love how you were flawlessly able to move the Avatar world into Ancient Egypt. I hope you write more ATLA fics in the future because this was awesome. The Zutara side of this fandom will surely benifit from your works.

My favorite line has to be "He was the embodiment of pure honor." That is our Zuko. I love how you were able to change there names to fit with history but keep them all the same. I have had a lowkey obession with Ancient Egypt ever since I was ten, so thank you for writing Zutara in this setting:)

P.S. Thank you so much for reviewing to both No Victor and Snapshot. I think you encouraged me to write a chapter of backstories for No Victor like you suggested!
1/26/2016 c1 87babyvfan
Wow. wow. wow. And wow. I must say, I applaud you for using the theme of Cleopatra and Marc Anthony for zutara. It's a crossover combo that never came to my mind, which is odd considering the fact the two do have a lot in common. I also find it interesting that there weren't too many flashbacks of Zuko or their time together, but your story painted a strong picture that showed there was love between the two. It was sad how things ended for them but it came out good. You did an awesome job
1/25/2016 c1 FCP Judge 3
You cleverly assimilated the Avatar characters into an entirely different world in a way that no reader will soon forget. Good word choice made the descriptions even more appealing. I love the Egyptian avatar names! Poor Sokka is the only one without a cool, new name. ;)

(This judge gave you perfect scores in Style and Voice and high scores in Creativity, Plot, and Passion.)
1/25/2016 c1 FCP Judge 2
~FCP Judge #2~

Strongest Qualities: (1) Creativity – The story concept is unique, and there are no clichés within the piece. (2) Plot – There is a clear conflict, and the storyline is compelling and constructive. (3) Characterization – The characters are vivid, and the plot reveals character.

Keep working on: Style/Voice – So the point of view aids the storytelling and the writing voice is appropriate to the genre
1/25/2016 c1 FCP Judge 1
The nomenclature was impressive. At first, it was a bit confusing, but eventually, I understood it. I would have enjoyed a bit more exposition to help acquaint me with the names. This was a unique idea to pair and converge the pairings of Zutara with Cleopatra x Marc Anthony. I didn't think of that when I read the prompts. This was very original.

(This judge gave you a perfect score in Writing Quality and very high scores in Style, Voice, and Creativity.)
1/14/2016 c1 riles23
Loves it! Katara is pretty OOC but this is her in raised and living in different circumstances so it makes sense that she would act differently.
1/8/2016 c1 9Sun Daughter
You absolutely nailed the ancient Egyptian world. Everything about this oneshot - the characters, the narrative, the dialogue, all of it - paints a BEAUTIFUL picture. From the first line until the end, I was immersed in the world of your story! The atmosphere you created is just so impressively tangible. Also, as a plus, the cover image you chose prepares your audience for the gem that they've clicked on! :)

A triple WOW on your word choice! Your diction really makes this story stand out, and it greatly contributed to the overall piece. The style and tone of your writing voice is perfect and appropriate. Structurally, spelling and grammar looks great too. The paragraph and sentence structure naturally varied, which made the story really easy to read.

As an unrelated side note, I actually recently performed the role of Cleopatra. I have to say, even though this isn't Shakespeare (thank goodness, haha - her monologues are HARD), you have mastered the way I imagined she'd speak today. The regalia and sophistication in her dialogue here is spot on.

Since I'm supposed to be a nitpicky judge, I tried to find something about this story that could be improved, but I'm having a really hard time (and I think I've only said that in one other review before...)! Which is awesome! :) Really nice job, Abbie. Wishing you all the best in your future writing endeavors! You're very talented.

Cheers,