for The Ones We Left Behind

2/5/2019 c4 7Alicia Olivia Mirza
Hey!
Wow... obviously the most upseting of all! So sad, but very possible as we all know exactly how messed up those territories were around there thanks to the vampires.
Still...
Amazing stories, all four of them! Loved how different they were, but at the same time how all siblings suffered from the loss.

Alicia :)
2/5/2019 c3 Alicia Olivia Mirza
Uh, Rose’s story surely would be strange from her fsmily’s point of view - so sad :(
2/5/2019 c2 Alicia Olivia Mirza
I love how real your characters are - you don’t just write how everything is great when that’s not usually the case!

Alicia :)
2/5/2019 c1 Alicia Olivia Mirza
Love the idea!
Your style is amazing! :)
2/26/2017 c4 8nickaroos
I'm certain that these are getting more gripping as they go on.

The way you tell this clip it's very much of the time and era in which I imagine Jasper being turned. The girl gossip is fun and how you portray Jasper is intriguing, especially with the idea that Jasper might have fathered a child. And just about the time that I thought it couldn't get sadder, it is gruesome with the reality of Jasper. The idea that he might have killed his kin certainly isn't unfathomable since they were from Texas and Maria's territory included the parts of Texas that butted against Mexico, but to have it actually happen is just ... And the end with Maria is so well told and just horrid. It's like a horror house that is creepy and you're glad when you leave.
2/26/2017 c3 nickaroos
I'm so impressed how different this story is to the first two. Rosalie is a ghost in a way, but here there's an actual meeting, they talk, and he walks away none the wiser.

It was so interesting to read a possible future for Rosalie's brothers and how the family might have taken her disappearance. The family moves on, has children, grows, does all this human stuff, leaving Rosalie behind. I can see from this chapter in a way that I couldn't before some of the things that Rosalie hates about being a vampire and why she desperately wishes to be human. All of this, all of it, she can sit outside on a bench and watch, but she will never be a part of. She will never be inside the house, and although she might have some of her old belongings or the family's belongings, she will never have a photo or a momento that was true, real, human. Royce's boys along with Carlisle's choice that night forever took away her options.

Wonderfully heart-touching and well articulated.
2/25/2017 c2 nickaroos
The way this chapter starts out reminds me of a soap opera that the person writing doesn't want to watch. The drama and the history, for what? I so appreciated Cynthia's thoughts about being forty and not eighteen, the pressures of being a mother and wife and life's choices weighing on her, and how in that moment being carefree with life ahead of you seems so attractive. The way that you tied that with her physical well-being, her clothes and the wetness is a great metaphor just adding to this moment.

Her reaction to Alice is wonderful and her conclusion reasonable. It would be far more likely that Alice had a daughter who looked just like her than anything else. And darn that shoe! In a way it's probably better in the long run, since Alice wouldn't remember and the lies they'd have to spin, but nevertheless I can't help but feel for Cynthia and her nearly getting to have that conversation.
2/24/2017 c1 nickaroos
I so like the tone of this snippet. It has a rough and tumble Emmett style to it. And the image that you portray so quickly and their connection creates this sorrow that I just want to tell her that he's okay. No doubt, as it said, he does too. Good thing Rosalie stopped him. There's no way to explain that, really. And the end it fantastic how it broke her and mended her all at once. I've often thought of how difficult it would be to watch the ones you love grow older and move on with their lives, not forgetting you, per say, but leaving you behind. You capture that so well here. It really creates this desire within me to run into the future and tell Bella what a terrible mistake she's making. So gripping.
4/24/2016 c2 1MegKY
This is great and very sad. I personally loved Rosalie's emotional shocked reaction to realizing she was talking to her brother and how Emmett had to get her out of there - and to think Rose also saved Emmet from a similar experience! It's very sad for them because they remember their human lives more vividly than Alice or Jasper and they know who they left behind. Alice's was really sad because her sister Cynthia saw her and couldn't do anything! Alice doesn't even remember her! They must have been close in her past life and how you told their story was brilliant, because her in the books Alice's parents' marriage was in the papers so they must have been rich back then. And Jasper's little sister was killed by Maria.

I wish the people they left behind got the closure they needed, but they never did and that is what is so sad about the circumstances of these four's creation and the people they left behind. You captured everything so well, and even if we don't know anything about these characters, you managed to give them a personality we can relate to. So thank you for the wonderful writing.
1/11/2016 c3 Guest
Again I would love to have been in Rosalie's head to experience what she was going through seeing her brother again after all those years. Its so well written I just want to read more...
Thanks for sharing.
1/11/2016 c2 Guest
I would have liked a peek into Alice's mind to see what she thought of her sister and how she felt seeing her again.
1/11/2016 c3 Guest
Beautifully poignant.
1/11/2016 c1 Guest
Great chapter really captured my attention. I loved Mattie.
1/11/2016 c3 exoplanetprincess