for What's Love Got to Do With It

6/25/2017 c1 Evelyn815
Loved the descriptives but would have preferred some affection involved between the two men!
1/1/2017 c1 Monster nr. 742
Beautiful! It's not glorified, it's not romanticised, it just is. And that's the beauty of it. It's sex, no more, no less. This is real. Well done my friend and thank you so much!
7/2/2016 c1 58Lady Emma Wentworth
Simply bloody brutally brilliant! Job so well done! Keep it up!
2/6/2016 c1 2k+badly-knitted
This is realism rather than romanticism, and as much as I love the latter, I cherish this for the raw masculine nature ot two guys intent on getting off with each other, satisfying their own needs.

Awesome writing!
1/11/2016 c1 36Cerih
It's been insightful to read a story of this kind written by a man, since the great majority of them aren't. I like the rawness of it; sometimes sex is just sex. There's no need to sugar-coat it, to smother it in fluff, when it's just about the release. Sex doesn't automatically equate to love, nor should it. For that same reason the first person narrative is perfect for this story, for it shows that Ianto is very much in control of himself and his desires instead of being a slave to Jack's 51st-century pheromones. The pov is truthful; the casual sex is what Ianto needs as much as what Jack needs. Ianto isn't secretly pining for Jack to cuddle him and smother him with love. And that's what shows your courage as a writer, since you choose to write what is there instead of what most readers on this site probably wish was there. Does that make sense? Anyway, bravo for a strong Ianto, who is honest about what and who he wants. This makes him very much Jack's equal.

It will be most interesting to see where our discussions lead in the future. And it was, as always, a pleasure.
1/11/2016 c1 sd4ianto
If you mean me, then yes very definitely kind of this. I'm not sure how I feel about it being the "part-time shag" thing. Nooooo not a one off. We want more!
1/11/2016 c1 188Gmariam
I'm so glad you're writing again, I hope you are enjoying it! I remember talking about writing something smutty once upon a time. What's remarkable to me is that it's in first person! That's gutsy - I mean, it's awkward enough writing smut, but to write it in first person makes it so much more immediate and personal - kudos! Plus it was steamy. :) And it's great to read something that's more real than fluffy. At this point in their relationship there couldn't have possibly been much fluff. And I like fluff - sometimes it's all I can write! So it's nice to read something so sexually honest without either one of them coming off as less of a person. Glad you're back - good luck with any other writing you embark upon! ~Gina :)
1/11/2016 c1 Alice Carter
After betrayals and secrets, this is Jack and Ianto redefining their relationship, or whatever it might be called. For now, it’s comfort, a release, an expenditure of energy, and an affirmation of life after another possible brush with death. Your style here is brusk and raw, as is their need, but not brutal. They’re tired and charged with adrenaline, they need this, and then they need to recover – alone. It makes perfect sense. It’s real. This is no time for “fluff,” and I don’t think at this point in the timeline, they’re there yet anyway. They are in tune with each other, though. The silent communication that connects them in the field serves them in the bedroom, as well. You’ve captured them at a particular moment, I think, brilliantly.