for More Windy Willows Love Letters

10/17/2019 c10 Guest
Your stories are incredible! I love how your writing style actually feels like LMM and is true to our DEAR Anne, and I feel like these are canon. Thank you So much for filling the gaps! I hope I can come back to these again and again!
12/15/2018 c5 8LEPrecon elf holly short
Wasn't Gilbert about 2 and a half years older than Anne? She was 25 when they got married... Gilbert can't have been 27 when she was 23, could he?
12/8/2018 c4 netherfield2000
Good story!
9/21/2018 c1 6DrinkThemIn
Room 19
Dalvay By The Sea
Prince Edward Island
September 21st

Hello katherine-with-a-k!

Yes, I'm reading your stories from my bed at 'The White Sands Hotel' on PEI. I arrived today after a frustrating yet humorous red-eye from the Canadian Prairies (Alberta, to be exact). I'm bouncing between this and Windy Poplars/Willows. I have a feeling that I'll also be re-visiting Catie's Shore of Dreams for the 100th time.

I thought perhaps you'd appreciate and chuckle at this!

Sincere best wishes,
DrinkThemIn

PS: Untie The Knot is hands-down your best. More of THAT please!
7/11/2017 c10 4BrowsingAbout
I am so glad I discovered your writing! I've been working my way through your stories and can't get over how perfectly you've captured everyone's voices and how seamlessly your work weaves with the original. I feel like I want to go back and reread Anne of the Island and Windy Poplars (Willows?) with your writing in mind! Can't wait for the next installment. :)
6/23/2017 c10 AnneNGil
I've really enjoyed these letters. Thank you!

Also, a quick note on a couple of chapters ago, the one where you described a woman giving birth, we'll done! Your narrative of her giving birth was incredible. You had to be speaking from experience. I've had 3 babies and I could hear and believe every detail you used to describe it. Bravo!
6/23/2017 c6 AnneNGil
This is quite the story. I'm enjoying it. But I have to say that this Gilbert doesn't feel like LMMs Gilbert.
4/5/2017 c7 2rightfromthebeginning
So glad you continued this story! Absolutely loving it! Well, done. You have Anne and Gilbert written so well, can just imagine them worrying to each other in their boarding houses. Can't wait to read more.
9/5/2016 c8 aidni
P&P referencesA*
9/5/2016 c2 aidni
Fantastic! I WANT A GIL! x
6/1/2016 c10 Luanna255
I just finished this story and the one that comes before it, and I just wanted to let you know how much I'd enjoyed both. It's funny, as a kid reading Anne of Windy Poplars (the name I knew it under), I always used to try and imagine what Anne would have written in the "pages omitted". Seeing that someone actually went and filled in those blanks, and did such a great job of it, was fantastic. I'm particularly impressed with all the little historical tidbits you include - do you do research for your stories, or just happen to know a lot about that period in history? In any case, you did a wonderful job with this and I'm looking forward to reading the rest of your stories.
5/8/2016 c10 7wishwars
Just plain beautiful :) I can't wait until the final set, and yet I hope they never end. Thank you.
5/2/2016 c10 Cordelia
I love this series tremendously, I had thought it would be hard for this story to be even better that the previous instalment but it was, it really was! Very romantic, very steamy and very honest and true to the characters.

I don't know if you plan to ever get back to 19th century A&G, but I was thinking... Maybe I'm a martyr, but I would love to read your take on the days/months after Joy's death. In Call to Arms (or was it Make Do and Mend?) you described it so beautifully: Anne wanting to get pregnant again, Gil being against it and learning how to express their love in other ways than, well, sex. That period of mutual healing, when they realised they could try to become parents again? As much as I love House of Dreams, I feel that once Anne and Gil were wed Maud just left them be and focused on new (albeit fantastic) characters. Joyce was born and died, Anne was mourning, learnt about Captain Jim's lost love and had that wonderful talk with Leslie, Owen Ford arrived and then, ta-da, Anne is pregnant again. I really missed them then.

Anyway, thank you for being so generous and updating constantly! I'm looking forward to reading the last portion of their love letters :)
4/13/2016 c10 Edkchestnut
Katherine, you know how much I love these stories. I actually read this chapter several weeks ago but have had trouble finding time to review. As always, you do not disappoint although I am sad to think of these stories ending and you not continuing on with Anne and Gilbert. Other characters just don't hold the same place in my heart and imagination that these two do and I really love reading these fanfictions. So many other wonderful authors have stopped writing that I really look forward to receiving new updates from you. You have done a wonderful job with this story. I don't blame Anne for being disappointed, even angry. How dare Gilbert fall asleep on their trip and then drop the bomb that he wasn't going to be available for the summer. I imagine he had a lot of making up to do. Keep up the good work!
4/9/2016 c4 Guest
I really liked reading about the birth. You can tell Gilbert is really proud of himself, he will make a good doctor.
I loved it when he said let me have my wife. It's so hard for them to be away from each other.
137 Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »