for More Windy Willows Love Letters

3/17/2016 c10 Anna
Phenominal. I'm speechless.
3/17/2016 c10 8Catiegirl
Truly wonderful! This chapter was soooo worth the wait. I love the rawness and realness, I love that she really lets him see how she feels, and I loved Gilbert for being stronger than he wanted to be! Bringing Walter and Bertha into the story was so poignant, I love that it affected Gilbert so much. Katherine, I don't say this lightly, since Maud was my hero- this is my favourite Anne book.
3/17/2016 c10 PelirrojaBiu
It's 2:29 AM and I will not go back to sleep unless I read it once again. This was brilliant, Kwak, hands down the best thing you have ever written. And the best Anne-story out there. Thank you!
3/17/2016 c10 Bright Promise 2
Yes, a great ending! Truant you :)
From formerly known as GoDons
3/17/2016 c10 5LizzyEastwood
I have really enjoyed reading these. Very well done!
3/17/2016 c10 AdeptatHumanError
I need to back to review the other chapters, as I have been faithfully reading your every word, but I had to review this laat chapter while the thoughts are fresh. The longing and sorrow here was so tangible, it brought me to tears! I think, too, Gilbert's words about feeling guilty that she is with him here is so faithful to what he says and thinks in Anne's House of Dreams, it makes me want to re-read again and again. Thank you so much for sharing your story. As for continuing, I could read just about anything of yours that involves these two, but I understand if this is where it ends. You have filled the gaps beautifully for this old Anne fan.
3/17/2016 c10 Astrakelly
Really good job as always and I'm looking forward to the next one
3/15/2016 c9 7Formerly known as J
Cripes, kwaky, how much do I love a MacLeod tartan reference?

So much of your effortless genius on display here for me to admire. I particularly loved 'go easy on a fellow' as such a Gilberty kind of thing to say. And Gilbert's dress coming back for a return performance with Anne kicking off her shoes and snuggling into him. Not to mention 8 hours alone together in a first class carriage a la UTK. Ooohh, the anticipation, kwak. Of course, he'd be done with word games with all that going on!

I really hope you will stop being coy about it and just tell us what happened that weekend in May next chapter! Please. The suspense is killing me, babe! And Gilbert is being left in suspense, too, by the looks. Please help us.

P. S. I would so gladly follow any 'doctor's orders' given by that gorgeous mannie. Is it wrong that I found that instruction from him just as hot as anything else he's written? It's part of his new caveman, take charge persona, and I like it a lot. Rrrrrr!
3/14/2016 c9 18Alinyaalethia
This was a delight. You've painted a spectacular picture of that weekend without ever parting with a detail, and it works beautifully. Everything spoke volumes, from Anne's turning remonstrance into capitulation, Gilbert buying first class tickets, his dismissal of word games -never was it clearer how much those eight hours meant to two people.

Also a joy was Anne's wish that they read their letters aloud. Had there been the time and place for that to happen I entirely believe that could have been as vivid an experience as any you've given us before. It was not to be though, and instead we got a glimpse of reality and the summer plans only hinted t in Windy Poplars. I like this -the little nods to sense -every bit as much as I do the fleshing out and substantiating of their feelings. It's a balancing act and you do it so deftly.

Of course I laughed when Anne professed never to meddle again. Even if I hadn't the book to hand I don't think I could have swallowed that. But it was a declaration that sounded very like Anne nevertheless. And I applaud you for How to Bring Up Imaginative Orphans by M. Cuthbert. That was glorious! But not half so glorious as that glimpse of the Marilla-aspect of Anne coming to light. that demonstrated more than anything ever could or has that those to really are family.

Gilbert's last later was beautiful. I should have more to say about it for you but I don't and I'm sorry. It was so eloquent, and succinct and so true -a really wonderful piece of writing.
3/13/2016 c9 PelirrojaBiu
Wow, you did leave the big guns for the grand finale! As always, I enjoyed each and every sentence. The anticipation before their big reunion was palpable, Gilbert was so adorable with that capitalized line, he seemed so young and eager (oh, he was eager all right!)

In his first letter he hints that they might not spend the summer together and then Anne goes on and on about her plans for the holidays, how they are going to read their letters aloud (btw., amazing idea, so hot!) and I could almost feel a dagger twisting in poor Gil's heart as he was reading it. Anne's June letter on the other hand was pure genius. All those short, clipped, polite sentences and the "Miss A. Shirley" at the end! Really, Anne? Really?! I love how Gilbert can read through her.

As ever I'm in awe of your talent and skills and it breaks my heart that this story is coming to an end, even if you're planning the next instalment for their final year in Redmond and Summerside (please, say yes! And hurry! :D)
3/13/2016 c9 Edkchestnut
Well, yes, Rachel definitely could have read this one and then she would have been asking the same thing I am, What happened? Once again you've managed to leave your readers dying of curiosity. I feel badly that the next chapter will be the last. I do hope you will continue with the adventures of our favorite couple, I know you've done the honeymoon from AHoD but honestly I've always wished someone would do the entire story since there is so little Anne and Gilbert interaction once they get married. Also, I loved the mention of the peppermints and the way that you sprinkle in things from your previous stories. I always appreciate it when an author remembers what came before, so many don't seem to care. Great job, as always, looking forward to the next chapter.
3/12/2016 c9 8Catiegirl
YOU'RE KILLING ME! It doesn't matter that I know everything ends happily, I'm on the edge of my seat wanting that last chapter. And of COURSE she's upset at losing him for a summer: talk about dramatic irony- we all saw it coming! You're still keeping us guessing, and that's not easy here- well done again! I want to buy these stories as a book...
3/12/2016 c9 5rebeccathehistorian
Wait, what? Why is Gil missing two days at Redmond?

OH MY GOSH! He's going to meet her at the station in Caribou! … Can he afford it? I've been through grad school a bit and I know firsthand that missing a day of class is a lot. … Then again, this is Gilbert Blythe and I would bet that he's at the top of his class, so he could probably miss two days of classes.

WAIT, WHAT?! FIRST CLASS?! GILBERT BLYTHE YOU ARE INSANE! Think about expenses! … Ok, now the reason why he went to work on the railroad that summer is starting to shed some light/make sense.

I love that little comment about Davy! Also, I find it interesting that Gilbert calls her Marilla and not Miss Cuthbert, but I'm realizing that by now, he's been engaged to Anne for almost two years, so that does make sense.

"Those eight hours with you may be the most we have for a good long while.": He's right about that.

"Just think another Summer lays at our feet!": I want to cry for Anne because this will not come to pass.

It just makes me sad because Anne has all these ideas and plans for summer and it's just not going to happen.

Oh great. She's pissed off at him because he's decided to go work on the railroad.

Ok, phew. She wasn't pissed off; she just had a bad cold.

I'm laughing over the fact that she sounded like Marilla.

"I hereby promise to keep my poor red nose out of other people's love affairs forever more.": I snorted when I read that. That's not going to happen, Anne.

"And you should be memorising the function, structure and distribution of cranial nerves not dallying in the letters of a sneezing head mistress.": I like Anne's admonition here. :)

Oh my gosh. I'm laughing very heartily (I'm probably at the point of laughing hilariously) at Gil's P.S. comment. I only made through the first sentence - maybe even only until the first comma - before I collapsed into extremely hearty laughter. Oh my gosh. B'HAHAHAHAHA. I know I've said before at times that he sounds like a doctor … but this … THIS is where he definitely sounds like a TRUE doctor. Although I find it interesting that he didn't mention any narcotics. Hm. Maybe they were only used in the more serious cases.

I loved this. I can't wait for the next chapter. Thank you for writing this!
3/12/2016 c9 10Lahiwe
Now this was interesting. Not to say that all your writing isn't interesting, but I think it's fascinating how you used the complexities of tone to hint at what happened between them. As soon as I saw that Anne's last reply to Gilbert started with a description of a hold and not being able to be outside, I knew she was hiding something. And when I saw that she signed off with Miss A. Shirley...well, I hope she didn't think she was fooling anyone! It's the first time you've ever written any of your characters hiding what they truly feel in their writing, and it had just the right mix of staying true to Anne's general personality, and a few subtle false notes. I'm now convinced that these characters actually live in your head.

Also, I loved how you used the different words they each found in "together" to illustrate the fundamental differences in their personalities. I laughed quite a bit at that.
3/12/2016 c9 Astrakelly
Wonderful chapter, can't wait for the next one.
137 « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 .. Last Next »