FanFiction.Net
for More Windy Willows Love Letters

2/10/2016 c3 Anna
Holy shit, chapter 3.
That. Is. Hot.
Can't even think straight. LOVE Anne in this- passionate and unfiltered and true to her nature. Love that we get a female character doing some top quality, overt admiring of the male physique- we often read of men waxing poetic over the female form, but I've never read a woman in lit or fic describe a man in quite this way, even though I know ive done it myself in my mind plenty of times in real life.
But daaaaamn, guuurl! This is like taking the infamous Darcy-in-a-wet-shirt scene from the '95 Pride and Prejudice miniseries and pouring gasoline on it! Dripping wet Darcy has NOTHING on dripping wet Blythe.
2/10/2016 c3 10Lahiwe
Katherine, one thing I've been noticing subconsciously but didn't pick up on consciously until this chapter is your construction of a female gaze, rather than the male gaze that exists in probably 95% of all writing and art. When I got to the scene where Gil showed himself naked to her, I was caught off guard, then realized that naked male bodies are almost exclusively played for laughs, except in the case of homosexual representations. Almost never is it depicted as purely and raw-ly sensual and gorgeous. Then I thought back on your other works and realize that the main-really, the only, in any great degree-sexualized body your writing is Gil's. I am thinking of the description of the side of his stomach where his shirt slipped up under the apple tree, the sexy scent of his sweat in this story, his arms and hair throughout, and the focus on his chest and genitals in Untie the Knot. Even in stories I've read where men are presented as sexualized beings, there is plenty of emphasis on the sexiness of the woman's nudity as well, but you have managed to create a truly feminist voice and perspective, wherein the woman is not being objectified directly or indirectly, and moreover is sexually open, passionate, and appreciative of masculine sexual attributes. This makes me admire you and your work even more.
2/9/2016 c3 5rebeccathehistorian
"I want to know you in Autumn the way I knew you this Summer.": This sounds like a good foreshadowing to the fact that they are going to have a wedding in the fall/autumn (September).

You had Gil board with a Jewish family in White Sands. I LOVE YOU. I LOVE YOU TO THE MOON AND BACK. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR DOING THIS!

I love the fact that she learned the boot trick from Gil.

Yes, that definitely satisfied my curiosity about what happened in the cave. Now I understand why Anne and Gil decided to separate the summer after their second year. Thank you for writing this chapter! I can't wait to hear Gil's response to this letter and I wonder if we'll hear about what he's doing in the hospital. (Or is that more likely to be in third year?) How's he coping with the lack of sleep?
2/9/2016 c3 Astrakelly
Well I think we will all need a cold shower very hot and I would love to see them return to the cave because honestly it needs to be done!
2/9/2016 c3 Bright Promise 2
Anne is passionate with a T, all right ;)
2/9/2016 c2 Annefan
Beautifully done!
2/7/2016 c2 7DianaStorm09
You continue to stun me with your talent of capturing Anne's and Gilbert's voices in these intimate letters. Those hints at what happened at the cave are genius, I really wonder if we will indeed find out how far these two lovebirds took things, or if the little hints in their letters will continue to tease us and leave it up to us readers' scope of imagination :)

Another thing I really love about you writing these letters is how you continue to weave mentions in LMM's Windy Willows, such as Myra Pringle's struggles with spelling, among many other subjects, and the visit to Dawlish Road where she and Lewis met little Teddy and his dog.

Very curious for the next chapter!
2/7/2016 c2 PelirrojaBiu
They are bursting and I am bursting - with curiosity about whatever the hell happened in that cave! :)

Oh what a chapter it was! From the very greetings they begin their letters with we know we are in for a treat. I love all those little details you add - all Gil's school related stuff, rosemary and lavender water, Meditations passages and Diana and incandescent Phil having babies... They enrich that world so much!

Anne was such a tease, first mentioning Gil's question about the dance and then taking her sweet time and waiting for several paragraphs to answer! I also love her idea of writing down her imaginings for him.

Now please, PLEASE, take us to that cave!
2/2/2016 c2 5rebeccathehistorian
I laughed at the thought that Anne and Gil danced a figure eight into the Fletcher's lawn. … Hey, wait a minute … Would these Fletchers be the same ones who are Gil's aunt and uncle?

I laughed uproariously at Gil's description of trying to grow his beard.

This was great! I can't wait to read the next chapter!
2/2/2016 c1 rebeccathehistorian
AAAHHHHH! YOU'RE BACK!

Ok, ok. On to the review.

I was confused about Ambleside at first but then when I read that Anne and Gilbert knew they couldn't buy it themselves, then my confusion got cleared up.

"Trust a Blythe to discover a way inside!": I laughed out loud. I love that line.

I laughed at the line, "ah, Gilbert, are you a doctor in this particular dream?"

Of course Gil is thinking of something greater in terms of being a doctor. For him, it's so he banish pain and ignorance and do his best to conquer Death. (Ok, I might be slightly off in the wording but I'm paraphrasing what he said in Anne of Avonlea.)

Oh my gosh, he quoted her. *Swoons a bit*

Gutted and scaled! Hm… Now I know where Jem gets his prowess at fishing!

Considering at what Gilbert had written about second-years last year, I'm not surprised at the haunting, so to speak. And they still have classes and labs on top of rounds?! Geez! … Then again, Gil did say last year that the second-years have 60-hour weeks….

Gil, just don't kill yourself with work please.

I laughed at the mention of Anne and Gil almost having a repeat of the Elaine episode.

Anne and Gil dancing together makes me very happy.

Thank you so much for writing this (and for coming back to this story)! I can't wait to read the second chapter.
2/2/2016 c2 Edkchestnut
All I can think when I read these is "I hope nobody else ever gets their hands on Anne and Gilbert's letters or else they will be in very big trouble." Imagine Mrs. Lynde getting her hands on one of these. Those two would be forced to get married whether they were ready or not. I am glad to see you mention Phil and Diana having their babies and that Anne made Gilbert go and visit. These are the kinds of ordinary, every day tasks that I love to see put into stories. Also, of course, the romance and I am still waiting to find out what happened in that cave! Hope you can update, again, soon.
2/2/2016 c2 Astrakelly
Good chapter, doesn't seem unclear to me, I liked it
2/2/2016 c2 19Alinyaalethia
I feel I tell you in every review how much you add to the source material but in every review it's true. You really capture the intimacy these two share, and enhance it with all these gorgeous nods to the past you've given them and the future they're hoping for. It feels right, from 'copper bath' writing script yo the details of Gilbert's timetable (I bet that swallowed hours of your life all for the sake of a sentence) to their inability to write ordinary, 'prosey' letters to each other. As for clarity, you needn't worry, it makes the kind of rambling sense I love about both Anne and Gilbert. I am looking forward to your next instalment no end :)
2/2/2016 c2 7Formerly known as J
Latin translations, with Marcus Aurelius quotes and study of the Stoic philosophers all in one chapter, kwak! I thought I'd died and gone to A&G-classics heaven when I read it! What could possibly be more romantic than all that, I ask you!? Alliterative greetings, thousands of juicy, breezy details (including the Little Fellow - he was such a sweet little character, wasn't he?) and authors 'BURSTING' with everything, running their lips over the sheets of paper were all simply the icing on the story cake for me. You have really upped the ante in this chapter, k.

Well, sleepless nights, steamy ear nuzzling and nape kissing memories, letters written in bed and handwriting gone so awry it's become 'copper bath' certainly got me a little breathless, so I can imagine Gilbert being so distracted by it that he punctured the intestines in class and spilled the ink. I loved to learn that the dance was actually at their engagement party and further hints at The Cavern Incident piqued my interest even more. Looking forward to next chapter to find out all about it. :)

Bags of rosemary, halved Gilberts, exhortations to share dreams and expressions of the inexpressible were just delicious reminders of how 'frenzied and muddled' they both truly are. You know the snippet I enjoyed the most was Charlie Sloane being in love with his cousin (Joane-with-an-e) who lives in that cottage! I don't quite know what I will do if HE winds up marrying her and living there! But I do also hope we find out a little more about what happened to the irresistible Miss Swales. Or perhaps she's just last year's news for the Fox?

If Gilbert has already burst then what will happen now that permission has been granted to his question? I can't wait for the next update, kwaky. You are my AoGG champion. Mwah.
2/1/2016 c2 Guest
Well, you've reignited my love of fanfic. I was an addict for several years, fell away from it for a few years, dabbled in it a bit here and there, but haven't found a story that makes me come back daily and refresh and daydream in the meantime... until now. For the first time since 2010 or so, I'm in love with a story, and I will be back to refresh. Please don't make me wait too long between updates! lol! Your style is PERFECT- you capture Anne and Gilbert exactly as I've been imagining them since I first read the series in the mid/late 90s. You find the perfect balance between propriety and scandal. Can't wait to see where you take this (and won't mind a bit more scandal... in fact, I'm hoping for it, lol).
137 « Prev Page 1 .. 5 6 7 8 9 .. Last Next »