FanFiction.Net
for More Windy Willows Love Letters

2/1/2016 c2 Erika
Ooh, you are actually going to reveal the cave events next time? Write on!
2/1/2016 c2 PelirrojaBiu
Ok, the email alert woke me at 1:45 AM and I just had to read it. Gorgeous writing. Gonna write a proper review later today, now good night! :-)
1/31/2016 c1 Annefan
Beautiful. And Ambleside sounds a lot like ingleside! Canoodling? And and Mrs. Lynde as surgeons! That had me cracking up. Wonderful story. You do well writing beyond what we got in the book.
1/31/2016 c1 19Alinyaalethia
It's good to have you back and a treat yo have more of these letters. There's a lovely, shimmery quality to the writing that is Anne to the letter, and Gilbert too when dreaming I'd imagine. Nothing felt more natural than their reliving the summer and trading memories, and I revelled in reading them. You pitch so expertly the feel of the summer, the unreal aspect of it (and I notice you've even woven in a cedar canoe :) ) thst I could feel and smell and taste it.

I do like the way that especially in Ambleside we get a glimpse of the Anne and Gilbert of later, as they try on the roles of husband and wife. It all feels wonderfully character driven and that's no easy thing, I know. And on the theme of excellent character detail, Rachel Lynde's on that string of fish was glorious.

Perhaps the loveliest part was Anne's eagerness to explore Gilbert's Avonlea and his wanting to show it to her. That they should see a familiar place through one another's eyes was beautiful. I am looking forward to their further correspondence.
1/29/2016 c1 Bright Promise 2
Oh brilliant! Glad you're continuing the Windy Willows letters trilogy...this time, in all its T-rated glory, to borrow a phrase from a reviewer if the Wondy Willows Love Letters. My fav part of this chapter was Gil and Anne's recollections of their summer together, their first as an engaged couple. I always suspected they didn't only just spend their time kissing or being silent together. Anne did recall in AoI the many moonlit evenings she and Gilbert walked together in the Avonlea gardens. Keep up the good work. Thanks for sharing ;)
1/29/2016 c1 Katherine Brooke
After a lengthy vacation I have returned (for how long I'm uncertain), and I must admit that that was so very satisfying! In particular I can't wait to hear about that day in the caveā€¦ looking forward to that chapter. Your writing has always impressed me and it has done no less this go around.
1/29/2016 c1 Anonymous Fan
Please say that there is more to come! This is great- I really love your "fill in the blanks" love letters! Thanks so much for sharing them!
1/28/2016 c1 2BrightRiver
First off, I have not commented on Una's story but I hope you do finish it. While it may have been hard to write, it was a delight to read.

Now onto this jewel, that started with the most fitting quote from L. M. Montgomery. It was a wonderful, loved filled and dreamy start to there second year apart. It was a pleasure to read Gil taking Anne, showing her a new Avonlea and surrounds. I can only imagine how excited he would have been to show share these places, too. His letter writing shows he has opened up more, perhaps allowing himself to become more vulnerable. And that dance...what was Anne thinking when they stopped?

Your writing is beautiful. For some reason it reminds me of lace. Intricate, delicate, always needing a second look over to make sure I take everything in. I am looking forward to the next chapter, cave or not.
1/28/2016 c1 7Formerly known as J
Welcome back, dearest kwak! I was simply overjoyed to receive this notification in my inbox last night, and had to stay up late to read it IMMEDIATELY, but didn't get a proper chance to review it for you until now. I had almost forgotten how much excitement is generated by a chapter update from you, so what a great treat it was to snuggle up in bed with my iPad to devour it all asap. My sincerest thanks to you, I feel so flattered to receive another dedication from you for this lovely story. I must also say, I particularly loved the Maud quote and Anne's counter-quote to start.

My warmest welcome greetings go, too, to Anne & Gilbert both. Let's just state this straight up, kwaky: they were wonderful and this chapter was wonderful. Wonderful, I tells ya! Your gorgeous, genius writing skills are out in force for this one, and I adored reading about their summer together! All those delicious details, k! You know how much I was already in love with their white cottage behind the Harris place with all their dream-babies in it, so to have a further description of them actually IN it, was nearly too much for me to take. Particularly when they were lying on the bedroom floor with Gilbert offering his muscled bicep as a pillow - thank you for always satisfying my very particular man-arm proclivities in your stories, k. ;)

How much did I enjoy learning about what it meant to be Gilbert Blythe's girl - ever pulled hither and thither - with Anne revelling in being shown all the treasures in his secret world and Gil wanting to make as many new memories with her so as not to wear them out. Sigh. I also loved hearing about Gilbert's astonishment at using the words 'our' and 'us' and I smiled at his 'ever-optimistic Anne-girl' salutation. I can't decide whether my favourite was their dance together, that P. S. from Gilbert or their intriguing hints about whatever happened or didn't happen in that cave, kwak. If Gilbert's still going red over it, you'd better get cracking straight into T land for us to answer that question, after taunting us with it here!

This chapter was some of your very best work, k. I'm so glad you're in top form and I can only hope that you will update this one again quick sticks. X
1/27/2016 c1 Astrakelly
Woot! I want to know what happened in the cave
1/27/2016 c1 7DianaStorm09
What a beautiful start to what is shaping up to be a great story. You are so skilled in painting an image of a unforgettable summer for Anne and Gilbert through their own words in these letters. And what a summer it must have been for these two love-birds, introducing each other to their respective old haunting (or should I say fishing?) grounds, exploring together (and each other! You after all DID warn us), and dreaming of their future together.

As always, there is so much to love in here, above all the humorous bits (imaging Rachel Lynde as a surgeon had me rolling on the floor), Anne's sadness about losing out "their" house to a Sloane family, of all families (nice choice for the name, by the way, foreshadowing Ingleside!), Gilbert alluding to them potentially repeating the Elaine re-enactment... I also liked you starting off with the LMM quote and writing a forward Anne that she would never have gotten published during her time.

A very lovely chapter through and through, and thank you so much for the dedication, I'm very touched by it! As always, I can't wait for the next chapter!
1/27/2016 c1 PelirrojaBiu
Hello again! I missed your beautiful words "horribly, painfully, utterly" and I'm thrilled to meet those two again! You do know how to write some "very livid love affairs", that's for sure!

I loved your idea of introducing a potential house for them in Avonlea. I don't know why I have never thought about it myself. After all, their House of Dreams in Glen must have been a last minute kind of decision - Diana, Anne's dearest friend in the world, learns about that village just two or so months before the wedding so the whole house business, left unresolved nearly till the last moment, must have been very stressful.

"Trust a Blythe to discover a way inside" - please tell me I'm not the only one to see an innuendo here! Anyone?!

The whole "velvet and doctors" conversation on the floor was so adorable yet honest and truthful (oh, and you do mention Gil's muscles here and there, all that paddling in Kingsport must have paid off).

The paragraph where Anne writes about her train journey is a brilliant piece of writing, pure poetry and my favourite part of this chapter! And who knew that fishing (and gutting, and scaling, ewww) could be sexy? :)

The cave! You are such a tease! I wonder if what happend there (or didn't, haha) had some sort of influence on their decision to spend the next summer apart. Well, you did predict the burning by the end of WWLL after all... And that dance! The dance!

I also love how Gilbert writes about his hunger for his studies. Nothing hotter than an ambitious and driven Gilbert.

His PS must be the sweetest thing. Oh, he writes so well now, he was such a cute and awkward boy just a year before!

All in all, a wonderful first chapter, feel free to stay in the T territory for far longer, haha!
1/27/2016 c1 Erika
Love these. I love to see them being adult - constrained adults, but adults nonetheless.
1/27/2016 c1 Guest
Very good Hope there is more soon!
1/27/2016 c1 Edkchestnut
Yay, I am so glad that you are back. I really miss being able to see your stories updated, as well as several others. For a while, I was able to read these wonderful fan fictions on a regular basis and now, it seems like all you wonderful writers have given up. I am so glad to see you back and completely understand how real life takes over and is certainly more important. However, you have not lost your knack and this was truly wonderful. I love getting to see little glimpses into their time together since there was so little of that, even when they were married. I had never seen that quote from Montgomery before but am glad that you posted it. It now makes more sense to me why her stories were so lacking in romance. Of course, I am dying to know what actually happened in the cave. You cannot leave us hanging, please! I think you ought to do it as a separate one shot, that way we get all the details. Thank-you for continuing with the story and great job!
137 « Prev Page 1 .. 6 7 8 9 10 Next »